Chotaz

I'm back! :D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I've had this problem with GTA: San Andreas back in the days the game came out, and I had to give up in the game because of this sh!t. Now I'm having the same sh!t-a$$ problem with SotNW (Swords of the New World).

The problem is:

After entering the game (without any problems) and playing it for 5-10 mins (sometimes 15 mins
bow.gif
) my monitor shuts off and gives the message:

QUOTE said:
No Sinal Input

I've tried a lot of things (including checking the minimum system requierements loads of them, wich my computer matchs), setting both games to the lowest resolution and worst graphics set up, and still no good.

I wonder if any of you guys has a solution for this sh!t, I already gave up on GTA:SA and i'd have to give up on SotNW to.

Here are my computer specs in case they're needed.
CODECPU: Intel Celeron 1.8GHz
RAM: 512MB DDR
Graphics: ATI Radeon x500 Series
I know it isn't the best specs ever, but I already played game slike CoD4, WoW and GuildWars, without any problems (low/mid settings of course).

Thanks in advance,
Hoping a quick reply,
Diogo~º

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, aging CRTs have an issue that can cause this.

Does anything happen to your PC? Or does it stay on and everything? If you have music playing, does it keep going after this? (Trying to determine if it's a system freeze)

Chotaz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
something the screen doesnt shut off and the music begins acting stupid and the image freezes, other time the screen shuts off and the music stops and the compputer seems to be running normally

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could very well be a heat issue, or an electrical issue - make sure all your cables are good, and open your PC/clean it out (dust=higher temps=crash)

Chotaz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ive done in on the first time it happened with GTA, then agian the first time it happened with SotNW, cabes are all ok and I cleaned the Pc just yesterday

Chotaz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the strange thing is that I can play other full screen games like:
Mu Online
World of Warcraft
Call of Duty 4
MX vs ATv Unleashed
Ragnarok Online

without any problems

edit1----
also:
i saw in some forums that it could the game that makes the screen refresh a a rate its not able to, and that i had to set up the refresh rate in dxdiag to 60Hz(wich I did) still no good
---------

edit2----
how long do you suggest me to take that CPU and RAM stress test?
---------

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you went out of range in Hz or resolution, the monitor would say that - and the music/image wouldn't freeze.

1-2 hours should be long enough - try running it at the same time as the first program too

Chotaz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
k i'ma do it tomorrow for 2 hours with both applications, then ill post here the results,
now i'm off to bed because its like 1.15am here

edit1----
I seriously doubt it's heating or power issues, because i can run WoW at full setting and i dont get much lag in crowed citiesa,nd with both GTA:SA or SotNW at lowest settings/resolution sometimes it freezes other time the screen just shuts off saying No Signal Input
----------

edit2----
just run both stress tests at the same time, the FPS of the graphics stress thes were at 12-17, run both tests for 6hs (while i was sleeping), and when I woke up it was still running.
----------

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make it crash by playing one of those games, restart, go to run and type

eventvwr

Press enter, and have a look at your Application and System errors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-