No SD logo

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This "firmware_oled_chip_only.bin" is where you need to flash your modchip with? Or place in root of sd?
That I do not know. I’m going to wait to see if I need to flash my OLED chip before going down that road. (Slow boat from china)People have asked in that thread with no response that I’ve seen. My assumption is with a programmer or raspberryPi but like I said that’s an assumption. Wish I could help you more.

Please if you figure it out please post it to help others!

FAKEdemicBioPYSCHONANOWAR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh boy... so basically... No idea what to do now xD

I just found out that my 6 month old sandisk 1TB (same type of card) is behaving better then the brand new one....
First time i tried the old one in the oled switch I got "no SD" but the next 5 times constant succesfull boots....
So I transffering over my files and see if I can use the old one in my new switch, and new sd in my old switch rofl.....

Hopefully that will do the trick good enough.

Mena

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m about 80% sure it’s related to the modchip firmware. Your workaround proves that it is! Hopefully, we will see another fix from @Mena soon! The downside is you will have to find a way to initially flash the OLED chip with a programmer first as HWFLY screwed us on the USB. But at least it’s fixable on the OLED thanks to Mena.
Very soon. A couple days. @FAKEdemicBioPYSCHONANOWAR What modchip did you install? Show an image of it.

FAKEdemicBioPYSCHONANOWAR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Very soon. A couple days. @FAKEdemicBioPYSCHONANOWAR What modchip did you install? Show an image of it.
I didn't mod my switch itself. But this is what the seller send me. I have no idea what chip it is or not.

1642594177166.png

During my testing like i said i noticed the brand new 1TB sandisk is 9 out of 10 times "No SD" error.
I tried to use my half year old 1TB sandisk, which appear to work 9 out of 10 times while only once in a while giving "NO SD" error. I read both cards with hekate.. Both seem the same in all ways except S/N and production time.

1642594159167.png

1642594147571.png

Excitedguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like the new OLED variant modchip, which I've seen is picky on which SD cards work consistently on it. Would explain the issues you are having.

Check out this video, I linked it at the timestamp where it shows the issue. If you watch the whole video, you will also notice it's the same modchip in the pic you showed earlier.

The installer comments on the exact issue you are having and he gets the same issue in the video as well. Apparently there may be no issue with Samsung brand sd cards, but others can have issues like yours. At this point I believe you're only options are to wait for a modchip firmware update (unless there's one out already?) or get a samsung sd card.

Reactions: kerelenko

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1