Hacking No Ram Ds Browser

pollo55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is There Any Ds Browser That You Can D/l like a rom or something with no need of EZ Flash CARt?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bunjalloo does have image support guys, just not while browsing pages. It shows you a link to the image and you can click it to view the image itself.

I think you have to specify something in the configuration file to make it use images, but it's a minor change.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's homebrew. There is a client and a server. The server runs on your PC and the client goes on your microSD card. Other than that I don't know (I haven't used it) but there should be instructions included with the program.

-Bri

DSMASTER17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
themuddaload said:
has anyone heard of okiwi?

the developers seem to speak spanish i think, so the site is slow to read for me.

does okiwi need the ram expansion thing?

Okiwi does not need an extra RAM source.
To answer the question, though, there is:

DSOrganize: This is has a web browser that can use images. There may be some bugs while using, though.
Bunjaloo: This is a good text browser. Simple to use.
DSHobro v0.03: This is a DS browser that you run on a server on your PC. You start the server on your computer, and you connect your DS to it. Webpages are sent to your DS as images, and everything is functional. I find it to be on the slow side, though.

I recommend going with DSOrganize, or Bunjaloo. Both are good.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
edge199715 said:
The best right now is opera.It has most functionality.
Can't quite decide whether you're trolling or joking. OP asked for a browser that didn't need the RAM expansion. Opera needs the RAM expansion. Opera doesn't fit the specifications laid down by OP. Ya dig?

nonnonnon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
You guys here are a little outdated.

the alternatives you got is these:

Bunjallo. it is almost as fast as the opera browser and it suports cookies and images. and it is updated frequently.

DSHobro is by far the fastest of them and it suports images, it has no suport for cokies though. and you have to have a serer on your computer. the newest version is 0.4

DSOrganize has a pretty fast browser with suport for small images and no cokie suport.

If i were you i would use DSHobro, but if you don't have a pc or don't want to run the server program Bbunjallo is a good second alternative

nonnonnon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
@ DanTheManMS

Oh, sorry! didn't notice that
happy.gif

r4microds

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Web Browsers:

There are many Web Browsers that were made for the R4, the question is: Which one is the Best...

Here are the following browsers made for NDS Flash carts:

Dsorganize

Bunjalloo

Ds Hobro

Reviews from my Experience:

DSO: This browser is used by a lot of people; many have good thoughts, some have bad... I would say, it's very standard, but in a good was because it's very organized. All links, Pictures, and text are displayed in a neat and simple format. In terms of speed, all pages are loaded fast and smoothly but not more detailed than the Bunjalloo, or Ds Hobro. It can display limited memory sized motion animation without any lag. The only few unsolved problems are: Limited Memory space, it crashes

A LOT, there are no proper Cookies to edit, and it fails to display a full web page with all it's Detail.

This homebrew project was created by: Dragon Minded.com and is not a currently updated program.

Over all, I would give it a: 3.5 star rating

Bunjalloo: This web browser is WINNER! It is also used by many people and is preferred over the DSO, and Hobro. In this browser you will find many useful options, including: Book marking, Editable cookies, a neat and polished keyboard and many Browser based tools. With all web pages loaded without a problem, and with all detail, this browser can do it all! Login to websites smoothly and fast with in seconds. This browser can do anything on the web except: YouTube Video's. It can also download files to your root of your flash cart. There are Language options and preferences to web pages. Cookies are manually added with a touch of a button, and can be changed while you surf the Web. This running, Free Homebrew project was developed by Richard Quik, and is undergoing many updates weekly. I can see this browser going far in just a couple of months, it's very advanced. The current version is: v7.6

Over all, I would give it a 5star rating

HoBro: This web browser is used with a running Server on your computer. "Yes, it does mean that you need your computer running while you surf the web." It's fast very detailed but uses your computer's Memory as an Expansion, some people that have used this product have said that it hogs your computer's RAM, I wouldn't recommend that you use this browser but it is an option if you plan to keep your computer running 24/7. It loads pages at a moderate speed, and is very detailed in terms of graphically advanced web pages. I?m not sure if this is a current project but the latest version is v3.0, the project was developed by: NEO FLASH

Over all, I would give it a 2.5star rating

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great job on checking if you were bumping, you guys.

Nowadays, there is the new option of the Nintendo DSi Browser, which costs nothing at the DSi Shop. But it's not homebrew. I would use either HoBro (if you still want to use RAM besides the EZ-Flash's) or Bunjallo for homebrew. I think the Nintendo DSi Browser is the best, besides it having not so much RAM; I find myself constantly erasing the history after every 5 pages of GBAtemp.net so It would load correctly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)