Homebrew No otherapp/ropbin for my 3DS' firmware

HerrForehead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Go up towards the top of the page, I gave you advice on how to get the stripped screws out. I had this issue with the motherboard screws and I got them out with the little metal screwdriver I posted above(in the spoiler).
I read that. Uhm... Any idea what kind or brand of screwdrivers are similar? There is a DIY shop in my street, so I might possibly walk in there one day.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Try sticking your wifi right on top of the router, if the antenna disconnected then you may still be able to connect if you sit right next to the wifi

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read that. Uhm... Any idea what kind or brand of screwdrivers are similar? There is a DIY shop in my street, so I might possibly walk in there one day.
I think they're Stanley branded but these are like 10+ years old so I'm sure others have rebranded them but even those should do the job. The tips are much stronger than other screwdrivers so the tip doesn't chip which then strips the screw.

Linkrony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i also need a firmware for old 3ds 10.3.0-4U .bin .but i dont see one in the 3ds homebrew website .a link to the file or info on how to obtain it will be apreciated or any info will be great

Last edited by Linkrony,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
i also need a firmware for old 3ds 10.3.0-4U .bin .but i dont see one in the 3ds homebrew website .a link to the file or info on how to obtain it will be apreciated or any info will be great
The site itself says you can use one with a browser version higher than yours but not lower. If you're on 10.3 you can use "10.3.0-7E" and it should work just fine. The Ropbin only needs to be the current firmware, not necessarily browser (hence the 77/178/999 options).

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But im trying to do soundhax on 10.3.0-4 but i cant .are you sure ropbin .bin 10.3.0-7E will work
Since 10.3.0-4E doesn't even exist as an official firmware, you HAVE to use a payload on the same firm with a higher browser version than yours. You also need to use one that actually exists, so try 10.3.0-28E. I realize 7 is higher than 4 but 7 doesn't exist either; officially that was just an example not meant for you to try that exact payload.

Region matters too, so not sure how I got to thinking your DS was EUR Lol. But use the ones that end in -U.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Linkrony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok ill try it .i just did 10.3.0-28.and it failed .plus i downgraded my old 3ds to 2.1 and acedently updated to 10.3.0-4 .so im trying to do soundhax to install ocarina of time hax any suggestions .oh and my internet wont run without a system update.the update always fails

Last edited by Linkrony,

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok ill try it .i just did 10.3.0-28.and it failed .plus i downgraded my old 3ds to 2.1 and acedently updated to 10.3.0-4 .so im trying to do soundhax to install ocarina of time hax any suggestions .oh and my internet wont run without a system update.the update always fails
Did you do a Cart Update to 10.3? Those are known to break Soundhax.

Linkrony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i did .but i diddnt know that would happen. I could use smashhax on my old 3ds by changeing the commid file but i dont know how to do it

Last edited by Linkrony,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: Linkrony

Linkrony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help im stuck on franken firmware on my old 3ds 10.3.0-7 and i need to return to the latest update .but i did a cart update by mistake and my internet and 3ds update wont work ...plus 3ds soundhax wont work either hellp. Thanks

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, same here. Couldn't find mine either, mine is: NEW 11.13.0-45U, couldn't find the 13 nor the 45.
This thread is from 2017, your firmware is too new to do whatever exploit your trying to do (presumably soundhax?)

If you're not already, follow 3ds.hacks.guide and when you get to the firmware version dependant section you'll see you simply need to update to the latest then use Seedminer.

Reactions: CoolMe

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
also "
  1. Your system version will be displayed on the bottom right of the top screen (e.g. “Ver. 11.15.0-47U”)" my 3ds is says "Ver.11.13.0-45U" not that
That is simply an example of the format it's displayed in the exact number is going to vary, what exactly it says is where you're supposed to be checking. Then do what it says for your number (yours is in the 11.4.0 to 11.14.0 range) below, which in your case is do a system update, then follow the guide for the latest version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer