Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
so no one sees syncing animations for 100 pikmin - collecting stuff and fighting each other over the internets as a difficult task? how many players can you have in online FPS?

MAG on the PS3 did 256 player online against each other just fine several years ago. :)

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

it's funny to ask a simple numbers question?
you are easily amused.

The joke is that MAG is one of the worst games of this generation. :creep:

Its really not, and seeing as you have never played it you are in no position to comment on it.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted-188346

I find it funny how so many people before were clamoring for the Nintendo Network (with quite a few adamant that it would best Sony and Microsoft's services)... until they pull a stunt like this, and then suddenly online support is unnecessary and burdensome.
Did you note who was clamoring for the Nintendo Network? Are they here, in this thread, now saying that online support is unnecessary and burdensome?
Probably not.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it funny how so many people before were clamoring for the Nintendo Network (with quite a few adamant that it would best Sony and Microsoft's services)... until they pull a stunt like this, and then suddenly online support is unnecessary and burdensome.
Did you note who was clamoring for the Nintendo Network? Are they here, in this thread, now saying that online support is unnecessary and burdensome?
Probably not.

Well it went from "FUCK YEAH NINTENDO NETWORK IS GONNA WRECK YOUR SHIT" to "Meh I don't care about online anyway".

Like seriously, you can be displeased when a company you enjoy makes a bad decisions, it's not like it's a sin.

D

Deleted-188346

Well it went from "FUCK YEAH NINTENDO NETWORK IS GONNA WRECK YOUR SHIT" to "Meh I don't care about online anyway".

Like seriously, you can be displeased when a company you enjoy makes a bad decisions, it's not like it's a sin.
No, no, I'd seriously like to know if Gahars (or now, you) can actually say that people have changed their tune. Actual usersnames.

Because the people who are enthusiastic about online may have largely not seen this thread, or just ignored it (it is bad news after all).
And the people that don't care for online may just majoritively be posting here.
And naturally, there will be some people that just like to defend Nintendo.

I'd like to know if all of this "haha, you sheep were so cocky before, boasting about Nintendo! But when they fail, you just make excuses for them!" is actually justified, or if it's just elitism.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

No, no, I'd seriously like to know if Gahars (or now, you) can actually say that people have changed their tune. Actual usersnames.

Because the people who are enthusiastic about online may have largely not seen this thread, or just ignored it (it is bad news after all).
And the people that don't care for online may just majoritively be posting here.
And naturally, there will be some people that just like to defend Nintendo.

I'd like to know if all of this "haha, you sheep were so cocky before, boasting about Nintendo! But when they fail, you just make excuses for them!" is actually justified, or if it's just elitism.

i think it is 2 different sets of people myself.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the point of getting upset that this game doesn't have online. It didn't look like online multiplayer would work very well with it.
Not every game will benefit from online multiplayer.

Im not upset that the game doesn't have online, I don't actually care that much. Its the reason he gives for why it has no online that I find simply laughable.

It left me scratching my head too like "why would he say that?"

Zero Aurion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games may have 256 players online... but how many ppl can play Pikmin? If you go with the min. of 4 ppl, and they keep the maximum of 100 pikmin, that's at least 400 characters, meaning it will actually be harder on the network to process. Add the fact that these 4000 pikmin will be doin many different things at once...It will just add up to really bad lag. Unless of course, you're lucky enough to have extremely damned good net.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games may have 256 players online... but how many ppl can play Pikmin? If you go with the min. of 4 ppl, and they keep the maximum of 100 pikmin, that's at least 400 characters, meaning it will actually be harder on the network to process. Add the fact that these 4000 pikmin will be doin many different things at once...It will just add up to really bad lag. Unless of course, you're lucky enough to have extremely damned good net.

There's only 4 players though, the rest is just AI. The Pikmin literally just follow you and go where you order them, they're not dynamic.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean really, you can care about online in general,but not care for every game to be online.

As in, you can still not care about online for this specify game and still be happy for online with other games.

Zero Aurion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There's only 4 players though, the rest is just AI. The Pikmin literally just follow you and go where you order them, they're not dynamic.

I would figure that since they are performing actions, they could make the game lag online... But then again, now that i think about it... They could be like guns in FPSs maybe? Like they perform actions, and there tons of em... but they don't affect speed at all... Hmm... Maybe it could work, then... Maybe the creators might feel like being lazy with the game, and not throwin in anything extra in that it doesn't really need.

Iunno... Im just talkin about somethin I know nothin about lol

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would figure that since they are performing actions, they could make the game lag online... But then again, now that i think about it... They could be like guns in FPSs maybe? Like they perform actions, and there tons of em... but they don't affect speed at all... Hmm... Maybe it could work, then... Maybe the creators might feel like being lazy with the game, and not throwin in anything extra in that it doesn't really need.

Iunno... Im just talkin about somethin I know nothin about lol

There's also been plenty of multiplayer games with large maps or character counts and without issues. The entire Red Dead Redemption map is free to roam for sixteen players and has NPCs around. I thought GTA was similar in that respect too. Saint's Row 3 at least you can do co-op with a friend and stuff.

For character counts, I think Dead Rising 2 had co-op online and there's been tons of RTS games with high characters counts.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
There is a difference between having a high character count spread across an entire map, and having a high character count centralized in one spot. Online games handle the former much easier than the latter, as they can literally ignore anything that isn't within a certain distance from the player when having to sync players together. Only when within range do objects/avatars/etc have a need to interact with each other, to which the load increases.

PyroSpark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if we're talkin about doing Co-Op online, then I see no reason at all that it can't be done. They got Co-op offline already, how hard can it be to transfer that to an online mode?

It's not. In this day and age, I can't see what there excuse could possibly be. What? That Pikmin 3 is so high tech and sophisticated that online can't possibly be implemented? Then another game, bigger and just as good as pikmin 3 comes out on the ps3/360 with online, and then what? >_>

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Well, if we're talkin about doing Co-Op online, then I see no reason at all that it can't be done. They got Co-op offline already, how hard can it be to transfer that to an online mode?

You'd be surprised. In this particular case with offline mode, there is literally nothing in between the interaction between players, as both are on the same device. Instant access to the data. In online mode, you've got the internet. No need to go into that, other than it isn't as simple as flipping a switch to get a game running online. Had this co-op mode been with using 2 WiiU consoles linked via WiFi, then I would insist that online mode is much more possible, as the structure is already there.

Now, perhaps they did try for an online mode. They didn't say one way or the other.

Geren

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
The issue probably lies with the tablet. Streaming both to a tablet and a tv (X4) and then through the internet... maybe they haven't figured things out completely. Although it's doubtful, since they must have planned things with anticipation.

Also, some people seem to be hating the game and they are not even going to buy it.

Zero Aurion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... To be honest, I couldn't care one way or the other if the game has online. Sure, it would be nice... But does it need it? No, it doesn't.

I was just curious as to why they thought it would be impossible for online to be an option.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
The issue probably lies with the tablet. Streaming both to a tablet and a tv (X4) and then through the internet... maybe they haven't figured things out completely. Although it's doubtful, since they must have planned things with anticipation.

Also, some people seem to be hating the game and they are not even going to buy it.

Streaming to the tablet isn't the problem, as it uses it's own connection separate from the WiFi. GPU capabilities isn't a factor in data transmission over the internet either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night