Hacking No more PSN access on 3.60 ( NW-2293-6 )

Did you get error NW-2293-6?

• Total voters

Nekomaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Even Nintendo hasn't been this bad,
With Wii U 5.5.2 update it has - the sole purpose was to patch WebKit kernel exploit and lock 5.5.1 users out of online play. The difference is until Switch Nintendo lacked manpower (or interest) to stabilize OS on the go (so a workaround came by our own iAqua in hours). Whereas Sony has everything to keep stabilization game going for years still especially since Vita gets a couple of times more titles now than Wii U did shortly before it's demise.

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
I really don't get the self entitled whining on this post. Y'all have unofficial firmware installed and are complaining as you can't access full services like before when it's sonys right to protect their platform by any means. It's just the way it is. What you had was lucky what you've got is reality.

Maybe I'm old school but to me console modding has always meant kissing online goodbye as thems the breaks because you're connecting a modded device to original servers who know what's what. Sad for your loss and all but what did y'all expect? Free lunches forever?

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I really don't get the self entitled whining on this post. Y'all have unofficial firmware installed and are complaining as you can't access full services like before when it's sonys right to protect their platform by any means. It's just the way it is. What you had was lucky what you've got is reality.

Maybe I'm old school but to me console modding has always meant kissing online goodbye as thems the breaks because you're connecting a modded device to original servers who know what's what. Sad for your loss and all but what did y'all expect? Free lunches forever?
Without online access,you can't download PSP game or demo=you can activate adrenaline on the device.

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Without online access,you can't download PSP game or demo=you can activate adrenaline on the device.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't flow say he's got something up his sleeve to handle that? Generally this whole scene has always been a game of cat and mouse to me where you win some and lose some (features) depending upon which side of the divide youre on.

Syon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Sony can do what it wants, but what it did makes no sense. Right now, anyone with a Henkaku vita is simply FORCED to pirate or buy physical (if there even is a physical version). Also right now you CAN play online, so i really don't understand your post... mind explaining?

Reactions: CallmeBerto

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

Maybe I'm new school, but this shit worked before. It's not even trying to access online play -- we're trying NOT to be dirty pirates and actively WANTING to support the company (Which is what this, alongside many other forums that are actively pro-hacks, suggest), but we can't.
The PSP was modded to hell, pirated up the ass, and was left in the dust. And you know what? The PSP's store works better than the Vita's does.
That'd be like if you bought a Wii or Wii U, or even a 3DS, and you buy a new game in its physical form; you plug it in, and it spits it back out just because you don't have a high-enough firmware. And this shit is gonna stick LONG AFTER Sony pulls the plug on servers if it continues this way. It'll be hell in the future. Even if we get workarounds now, who's going to know that if they just got into the whole "Vita modding thing"?

It's simply a boneheaded move by the company who has continuously hampered their devices with obtuse and aggravating safeguards, just because of their paranoia of hacks and mods, and we as the consumer need to just grin and bear with simplistic tasks being taken to another extreme.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

With Wii U 5.5.2 update it has - the sole purpose was to patch WebKit kernel exploit and lock 5.5.1 users out of online play.

But that's all it's done, and that's normal. Hell, one day, someone's going to bypass this... somehow. It's not like you're physically incapable of playing video games on a newly bought Wii U just because you have a lower firmware, but on the Vita, it is.
Nintendo's patch doesn't make physical games, or backwards compatibility useless unless you activate the console explicitly on the latest firmware. Too bad Sony's does.

Eduardolicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah since i screwed up the process of setting up my sd2vita, i'm basically stuck not able to buy the (literally hundreds of) games i own on psn, and having to resort to hunting down vpks for all of them. which sucks

bonus suck is that i have a lot of save games in the cloud that i now cant get back, so it also means starting every game over

i can understand them blocking trophies, online play, whatever. but blocking downloads solves nothing for them, other than just being a dick

GrayRaven33

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
yeah since i screwed up the process of setting up my sd2vita, i'm basically stuck not able to buy the (literally hundreds of) games i own on psn, and having to resort to hunting down vpks for all of them. which sucks

bonus suck is that i have a lot of save games in the cloud that i now cant get back, so it also means starting every game over

i can understand them blocking trophies, online play, whatever. but blocking downloads solves nothing for them, other than just being a dick
They are probably trying to disable our ability to redistribute the games we bought but in all honesty for what games can run on 3.60 I think most of them are already available to pirates, so the only ones hurt by thys are actual customers who just want a bit more flexibility from their console.

Eduardolicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are probably trying to disable our ability to redistribute the games we bought but in all honesty for what games can run on 3.60 I think most of them are already available to pirates, so the only ones hurt by thys are actual customers who just want a bit more flexibility from their console.
yep. i buy games, i subscribe to ps+, all of it. i just like having the option to play translations and psp games and emulators and things like that

oh well

PoppaDre

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So is online play for Henkaku 3.60 Vitas still available? I haven't gone online on mine in a month or so. Any precautions with going online?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol