Homebrew [No Longer Working] Community freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To try to steer this thread back on topic, has there been any work done on the music bug?

Does this happen on version 4.1.2, specifically on the .3dsx , .cia , or both versions? I have Nintendo eShop music working for me. Is the music bug for custom user music?

Edit - I experienced this bug too when I updated to 4.1.2 , what I did was a combination of settings, QR code scan from that title site, Refresh Cache, Auto-update freeShop (on/off), Music (Disable music, Play eShop music), etc. Somehow got it work again, turn off 3DS while in freeShop, boot back into Homebrew Launcher & HOME Menu.

Don't recall the exact same procedure, but something clicked.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
D

Deleted User

Does this happen on version 4.1.2, specifically on the .3dsx , .cia , or both versions? I have Nintendo eShop music working for me. Is the music bug for custom user music?

Edit - I experienced this bug too when I updated to 4.1.2 , what I did was a combination of settings, QR code scan from that title site, Refresh Cache, Auto-update freeShop (on/off), Music (Disable music, Play eShop music), etc. Somehow got it work again, turn off 3DS while in freeShop, boot back into Homebrew Launcher & HOME Menu.

Don't recall the exact same procedure, but something clicked.
Yeah, custom music got borked after a few versions ago (don't know which one, tho)
I considered using an earlier version of freeShop to bypass the issue but it auto-updated anyway
oh well, may as well wait for a fix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried taking a look at the source codes between v4.1.1 and v4.1.2. If anyone has time and wants to help debug the broken music problem, I present here an archive containing the two versions of the files where the changes were made.

I used a duplicate file checker that eliminated those files sharing the same name, location, and hash.

You'll need a hex editor like HxD and coding notepad like Programmer's Notepad to quickly find where the lines of codes were changed. Some files within the source codes may not matter in the grand scheme of compiling the .3dsx and .cia versions but are put in the archive for thoroughness.

The freeShop repo at notabug.org is not like many of the other homebrews that use GitHub where users can open a issue to point out bugs or request new features. I'm not familiar how one would contact the devs there and am not willing to open a notabug account. Too many of these Git-like derivatives.

Edit -oh, @Deck of Noobs mentioned the music bug stemmed much earlier. This archive then would not provide much help as you have to work your way back where the bug started occurring.

Attachments

• freeShop_differences.7z
    18.8 KB · Views: 219
Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: Deleted User

Bluespheal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is anyone else experiencing any errors while trying to play the new Dillon's demo?

I can't seem to play the demo, even with different Luma settings I end up with the same one, perhaps is more of a Luma error, but I've tried two builds as of now, any help (this is probably more luma related.)

ryanrizk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi Everyone

i have this issue in freeshop when the app start its show error message "unable to start NIMS (115) which resulting in i can't download in sleep mode. i suspected this because i have region changed 2ds xl so eshop couldn be accesed. but i also have n3ds xl region changed from japan and it works well in sleep mode. i tried several thing

1. delete alll freeshop folder in sd and reinstall to latest: no luck
2. copying enctitlekeys.bin from my n3ds: no luck

So is there any fix to this problem? or it is simply an issue on region changed 2ds xl only?

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I have been using Freeshop somewhat and have a few questions:

- How do I keep Freeshop updated with latest games?
- For games from Freeshop, as well as CIA games, can they all be updated through Freeshop?
- I downloaded the CIA of Freeshop (Link on first page). Can I just install that with FBI, does it install over top of old one?

Thoughts and help greatly appreciated :)

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I have been using Freeshop somewhat and have a few questions:

- How do I keep Freeshop updated with latest games?
- For games from Freeshop, as well as CIA games, can they all be updated through Freeshop?
- I downloaded the CIA of Freeshop (Link on first page). Can I just install that with FBI, does it install over top of old one?

Thoughts and help greatly appreciated :)
-The cache auto updates, it loads the games from either the enctitlekey.bin in the 3ds/freeshop/keys directory or from a url.
-Yes
-Yes

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
hi, i am getting crashes every time i run the .3dsx version of freeshop

it say updating then it crashes

ODDE5mv.jpg

D

Deleted User

When I am downloading in bulk, say 100+ games, after the 20th game or so, freeshop will stop downloading the rest of the games in the queue. Another issue I experience is that when I start to delete the "installed" games in the queue, if a game is downloading, seemingly at random freeshop will just crash. Does anyone else experience these two bugs?

Reactions: NinSegNy

Dionicio3

goat
OP
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
When I am downloading in bulk, say 100+ games, after the 20th game or so, freeshop will stop downloading the rest of the games in the queue. Another issue I experience is that when I start to delete the "installed" games in the queue, if a game is downloading, seemingly at random freeshop will just crash. Does anyone else experience these two bugs?
Why are you downloading so many games at once?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol