No Joycon input at all on Lakka Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by jebediah, Jul 18, 2018.

1. jebediah
    OP

jebediah Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    Launching Lakka from an OSX machine, I cannot navigate the menu or do anything else using my attached Joycons. How weird is that?! All I get is a PC pointer on screen, and touch controls to some extent (can scroll up/down and enter sections of the first column this way, though the process is really painful).

I'm using the latest July 17th built of Lakka Switch and its launcher scripts and it all works fine except ...I don't get any input.

Anyone knows what's going on?

2. Thetoto

Thetoto GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 10, 2018
    France
    Just why a New thread in à wrong section ?

3. jebediah
    OP

jebediah Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    Recent thread was about not getting the scripts to launch Lakka, the problem was lying at the PC-to-Switch level, whereas this thread is about Lakka controls.

Mods please change section to Homebrews.

4. Dfroberts86

Dfroberts86 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    Did you happen to mod your joycon by shorting the two points to get into rcm mode? I had the exact same problem as you, and it was because of that. I now use my shorted pin joycon to get info rcm mode, then switch to my other right joycon and Lakka works no problem.

I plan to install a button on my joycon, so that the pins are only momentarily shorted, but I haven't gotten the button yet.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Dfroberts86, Jul 18, 2018
  5. jebediah
    OP

jebediah Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    I do use a shorted Joycon to get into RCM and noticed that it wouldn't work even when booting the Switch normally, so I was attaching a separate Joycon after entering RCM and before running the Lakka launcher, but the result was the same. Just tried again and it's working now, so I think that separate Joycon was too low on battery when I tried it first. Thanks for your help. I hope this thread gets useful for other noobs like me in the future.

6. Dfroberts86

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    I shorted joycon works fine in normal mode, but for whatever reason causes neither to work while in Lakka.

7. Dfroberts86

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    Glad it works for to boss though, I've been hanging a lot of fun with Lakka.