No Internet Channel

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by belgatom, Feb 3, 2011.

Feb 3, 2011

No Internet Channel by belgatom at 4:21 PM (1,039 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. belgatom
    OP

Newcomer belgatom Member

Belgium
    Bit of a problem here.

Friend of mine got his hands on a 4.2E Wii which he softmodded. Before he softmodded, he tried to install the internet channel but this required him to update to 4.3, which he didn't want to do as he was going to follow a 4.2E softmod tutorial. So, now he has a great Wii with all the Homebrew and Wad installations you could wish for, but no internet channel.

We looked around for a homebrew version of a browser (that supports YouTube as it's the Youtube that he wants to use on the Wii) but couldn't find one.

Anybody have a solution, workaround or homebrew app suggestion to this conundrum? You help will be gratefully appreciated.

2. daxtsu

Member daxtsu -

Antarctica
    What do you mean it wanted him to update to 4.3? The shop channel asked him to? Just have him update the IOS 56 and Shop channel[install them with modmii or nusd] and then he should be able to get it right from the shop.

Edit: Fixed the IOS the shop needs.

3. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Use Dop-Mii to update IOS56 and the shop channel, then download the Internet channel.

4. diddy81

Member diddy81 Wii Theme Team

United Kingdom
  5. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The Wii Shop Channel needs to be updated to the latest version, along with IOS56. Once this is completed, your friend can download the Internet Channel through normal means. One of the easiest ways to update the Wii Shop Channel and all of the system's IOS files is to follow this guide and skip to part titled Update to 4.2.

6. CEpeep

Newcomer CEpeep Member

United States
    It's also possible to install the Internet Channel via a WAD file, if that's more your thing.

7. ciris

Member ciris GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I had to get rid of my internet channel to make room on my nand for game saves. Browsing the net on the wii sux arse anyway. Try it out and see if you like it but I think using it will be very short lived.