belgatom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Bit of a problem here.

Friend of mine got his hands on a 4.2E Wii which he softmodded. Before he softmodded, he tried to install the internet channel but this required him to update to 4.3, which he didn't want to do as he was going to follow a 4.2E softmod tutorial. So, now he has a great Wii with all the Homebrew and Wad installations you could wish for, but no internet channel.

We looked around for a homebrew version of a browser (that supports YouTube as it's the Youtube that he wants to use on the Wii) but couldn't find one.

Anybody have a solution, workaround or homebrew app suggestion to this conundrum? You help will be gratefully appreciated.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What do you mean it wanted him to update to 4.3? The shop channel asked him to? Just have him update the IOS 56 and Shop channel[install them with modmii or nusd] and then he should be able to get it right from the shop.

Edit: Fixed the IOS the shop needs.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
belgatom said:
Friend of mine got his hands on a 4.2E Wii which he softmodded. Before he softmodded, he tried to install the internet channel but this required him to update to 4.3, which he didn't want to do as he was going to follow a 4.2E softmod tutorial. So, now he has a great Wii with all the Homebrew and Wad installations you could wish for, but no internet channel.
The Wii Shop Channel needs to be updated to the latest version, along with IOS56. Once this is completed, your friend can download the Internet Channel through normal means. One of the easiest ways to update the Wii Shop Channel and all of the system's IOS files is to follow this guide and skip to part titled Update to 4.2.

ciris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to get rid of my internet channel to make room on my nand for game saves. Browsing the net on the wii sux arse anyway. Try it out and see if you like it but I think using it will be very short lived.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: You need better couch potatoes la +1