No Home Button, Post-Hardmod

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by RetroBitMig, Jan 22, 2016.

1. RetroBitMig
    OP

RetroBitMig CEO of PixelRocket (returning soon) and Maagic Dev

Oct 19, 2015
    United States
    Los Angeles
    Hi everyone! Here's the deal: I performed a hard mod on my own (I succeeded) on my JP imported n3ds because I made a dumb and I accidentally tried downgrading with US o3ds firmware. Needless to say, I bricked, hardmodded it, and successfully injected my NAND backup that I made the first time I successfully downgraded (I don't know why I tried downgrading twice.)

Now, the thing is, after opening it up, I came across these shitty things that hold ribbon cables and I'd never seen them before on any system I've opened up. My speculation is that because they won't close, my home button refuses to work. Any suggestions?

Here is a picture of the things: https://gyazo.com/b3c29aa1e7e2e2eac89fe716cafcffff

Thanks!

2. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    I believe the n3DS has the homebutton attached to the motherboard via a ribbon cable. (unlike the o3DS where the button was directly soldered to the motherboard).

Double check that the ribbion cable is seated properly. It's very sensitive to even the slightest mis-alignment. So if the cable is not in straight or all the way, it won't work. The ribbon cables for the screens are also very picky. :P

3. RetroBitMig
    OP

RetroBitMig CEO of PixelRocket (returning soon) and Maagic Dev

Oct 19, 2015
    United States
    Los Angeles
    I've made sure every ribbon cable is properly in place, it's just those finicky flaps that are in the photo that seem to give me trouble.

4. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    Try taping the ribbon down on the connector so it stays in place.

SmileCitrus likes this.