Gaming No HD with compent cable on new system

greasy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The other day My mother in-law got the RRoD on a release date Xbox 360 Elite. I went and picked up a Xbox 360 arcade and moved the drive over. I had issues with the profiles but I lined them out. The only issue now is I do not get HD with the compent cable. I am useing the orginal systems HD AV cable, but when I switch the resolution form standard to 720P it pops up (with a clearer picture) and askes if I want to keep the current Resolution. I select yes and it blinks back to a stardard resoliton. It tells me to change the switch on the cable to HDTV. I did check it and made sure it was switched to HDTV. I have an Internet connection and she does not so I updated it my homeand I used a HDMI could this be the problem?

I know the TV is fine and the cable was working when the old Xbox Died, so they should be good. Any Ideas?

Thanks

greasy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried that It didn't work.

Since it is new with HDMI connector it should still beable to use the old cable. I don't mind buying a HDMI cable but if I don't have to don't want to.

Thanks

67birdman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should buy one, its really worth it in the long run
smile.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
67birdman said:
You should buy one, its really worth it in the long run
smile.gif

What long run? The difference in the graphics are minimal, and mostly non-existent. If you can buy a $5 HDMI cable, go for it, a digital signal is great, but visually, you won't notice a difference.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I like the £2 HDMI cables I got off Amazon. No visible difference on my 22" screen, but it's much more convenient plugging in 1 cable than 5. Plus I get to plug my Wii in too, so it's just 2 buttons to switch between them and everything else I've got hooked up to my screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp