Hardware Switch no usb-c port no longer working with cable, ac adapter also not charging. Works on rcm

Finale

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, everything was normal up until yesterday. When i put my switch on the dock, it didnt connect properly and the green led started blinking without end. I manage to get it working again by disconecting the dock and powering it up with the cables being pluged in the adapter->hdmi-> switch order. However, hdmi signal started failing randomly again today, and the issue happened once more. Problem is, now the ac adapter wont charge the switch when connected directly and switch no longer charges on pc when connected to a usb-c cable.

Naturally i thought the usb-c port of the switch died, but it still connects in rcm mode, which makes no sense to me.I wonder if anyone had a similar situation,i cant find the specifics of this one online.

Nagaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Check the USB C port if there is any bend pin
if it's good the problem is most likely the M92T36 chip and need to be changed

Finale

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Check the USB C port if there is any bend pin
if it's good the problem is most likely the M92T36 chip and need to be changed

But this is a charge chip right? If it doesnt output signal,surely something else has to be a problem right?

CHTechRepair

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
chtechrepair.com
XP
Country
United States
But this is a charge chip right? If it doesnt output signal,surely something else has to be a problem right?

M92 handles negotiation of voltage from the charger among other things. If your device isn't charging it is likely the culprit if your port is intact. P13 handles usb muxing including display port out. You'll need to get into the switch and test electrically to find this problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs