Homebrew no$gba help

Lucasonic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help, as I cannot figure out how to run DS roms on no$gba. I am using the latest version of it. Or at least someone give me a website for how to do this.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It had been answered before. Maybe you should use the search button and type no$gba.
smile.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You will need the DS bios files (one for the ARM7 and one for the ARM9).
It is legally questionable to link the bios so I am afraid you will have to hunt for this (30 seconds and the use of google were enough to draw it out). The files you want are called biosnds7.rom and biosnds9.rom. You might also want to try to dump your own: http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA018359/nds/ndsbios.html

You need a copy of the firmware as well, this is a bit harder to come by online so I dumped it myself. There are a few firmware dumpers available but I used the SRAM dumper at http://www.natrium42.com/blog/?p=20 with my EZ2, I had to take it off in multiple passes and stick it back together with the copy /b command. For the record I use flashme but that made no difference.

You will also need to encrypt the secure area, while there are multiple ways to pull this off eNDcryptS ( link ) is probably the easiest right now. I stuck the all in the same directory as no$gba and fired up eNDcryptS, the roms got encrypted thus using these files commercial roms can be played.

Do not expect much though.

sTo0z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're going to need the following to get it running:

no$gba 2.3b
eNDryptS Advanced v1.2
BIOSNDS7.ROM
BIOSNDS9.ROM

Put the BIOS files in the same directory as NO$GBA.EXE.
Put your ROM in the same directory as eNDryptS.
Run eNDryptS and make sure it successfully encrypts your ROM.
Put the ROM in your no$gba directory, run NO$GBA.EXE and load your ROM.

If the emulator can handle the game you're trying to play, there ya' go. There's a good chance it won't run as compatibility (in general) is low/medium on all DS emulators at the moment.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're going to need the following to get it running:

no$gba 2.3b
eNDryptS Advanced v1.2
BIOSNDS7.ROM
BIOSNDS9.ROM

Put the BIOS files in the same directory as NO$GBA.EXE.
Put your ROM in the same directory as eNDryptS.
Run eNDryptS and make sure it successfully encrypts your ROM.
Put the ROM in your no$gba directory, run NO$GBA.EXE and load your ROM.

If the emulator can handle the game you're trying to play, there ya' go. There's a good chance it won't run as compatibility (in general) is low/medium on all DS emulators at the moment.

You forgot one more thing. YOu need firmware.bin because above number 500 required it.
smile.gif

dirbatua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did what you said and it came up failed to read data turn off power and reinsert game card, this was for digimon world and pheonix wright 1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64