no$gba 2.6a

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I understand that guy, he maked a lot of work for free, he lost a lot of time to do that, so he have a right to want a money for that.

tralala

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Donated.
smile.gif

I haven't used no$-emus in years though. Still, it's for a good cause. I would have donated more if Mr. no$ put a $5 or $10 button on his site.
smile.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm... shouldn't this guy get a job as a computer programmer? Why rely on donations for income?
Anyways,
Castlevania, Mario Kart now playable without lag.
AW:DR can play at 80% stable.
Very much improvement over the last version.

M

mario5555

I can now officially say this is the best DS emu around, I tested the latest versions of Ideas and desmume and with my test game Game and Watch collection, found major sound and some gfx bugs in one or the other, when No$ plays it perfectly.

In addition to that, he's jumped compatibilty up considerable with (no pun intended) Jump and Ultimate Jump Superstars being playable, now if I understood what to do in one of the intro missions I get stuck in all would be well...almost.

When did he finally add ingame battery save support???

I saw it has been added in (tested it on Zelda, CV:DoS, and FF3 with reloads of my saves perfectly, making me super happy too.)

I didn't test realtime save states yet, I don't even know if they are implemented yet.

As I said above there is still a few issues I noticed, Advance Wars has major speed issues, if there is too much on the map at any one given time, (funnily enough it speeds up to full speed as you go to the edges of the map) and Mr. Driller DS still doesn't show the blocks when he drills. I know he'll get these ironed out eventually, but I was kinda suprised to see Driller still with the same issue. I was happy to see a brand new game like Advance Wars playing as well as it did even with speed issues.

The only other thing (I know Martin will get to it eventually as I have faith) is the music in some of the games being scratchy, even on games that play virtually perfectly. Just a comment nothing more. And lastly I really, truly hope he offers the option to make the screens larger (I know for now he's probably trying to optimize the hardware output vs. performance issues and stopping and potential issues that 2x, or maximized windows might incur, but the main reason I don't care for handhelds is that they hurt my eyes after awhile and it's nice being able to play a game from a 2-3" screen on a 17" screen or at least 8" of that.
But I'm still artificially limited since he doesn't allow for it to stretch (the only thing I could do to help was run my screen res from 800x600 down to 640x480) Again nothing big, but something I hope he'll look into in the future.

And as I said before it's going to be a bright one, at the pace he's going, he beat even my modest expectations of summer by getting out a fully playable (and savable)
smile.gif
program out for everyone to use.

Kudos Martin, keep up the great work.
bow.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saves have always been supported. You just had to manually choose the save size in the options and reset the game for it to take effect. This new version is the first to automatically detect the save size for you.

I know there are a couple of unofficial add-ons to no$GBA that let you run it in larger screen sizes, though I'm not sure where you'd find one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wokey d pronouns when woku walks in

"CALL ME THEY SLASH THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM"
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: Right on point :rofl2::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    politics forum is def a place that exists
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: lol