Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As many may have seen at the Gamestop website or even Nintendo's own site (and possibly others), they stated that the American version of the Opera Browser for the DS would support Flash. That info is now known to be FALSE.

While the link I'm about to post says (in the URL) that Flash is confirmed for the U.S version of the browser, they have corrected their news byte with CORRECT information that says that it DOES NOT support Flash.

Here's the
http://operawatch.com/news/2007/05/nintend...er-release.html

So, it appears all we are getting what is essentially a region-dupe of the Euro version. Why were Americans made to wait a year and a half for our version? The world may never know.

Sorry if this is old news, but I never saw it posted anywhere here.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Because this is revenge for the year it took for Animal Crossing to be released in Europe.
lecture.gif

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It isn't definate "no" but it appears that it won't have anything over the EU browser. The PSP supports flash and the DS could too (With a larger ram pack, maybe something like 48MB). It's just a little harder for the DS.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So if you just needed a larger RAM pack, is it possible somebody could develop an extremely large RAM pack (like above 50MB) and use that with the browser to speed it up?

DarkMatt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe the Opera Browser RAM pack is 10mb, which is partly why the ROM can't run on a Slot-2 card by itself - only 16mb available and the ROM is 8mb (at least with Supercard I believe this is true).

Modrak

Trophies
XP
Country
I believe the Opera Browser RAM pack is 10mb, which is partly why the ROM can't run on a Slot-2 card by itself - only 16mb available and the ROM is 8mb (at least with Supercard I believe this is true).

SuperCard has 32MB RAM onboard.
The real problem is...read the nds file and use the SuperCard's RAM at the same time. Impossible. It's like having a coin facing up both sides at the same time.

Knab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
now whats the differance between the Nintendo DS Web Browser, and the Nintendo DS Lite Web Browser? is the ram card just smaller to fit flush against the system or does it have anything added?

i mean i know the ram size and the cpu speed of the ds, but i was just wondering if they are gonna add anything between the normal and the lite version of them?

im just asking cause the gamefaqs web site shows both of those in its up coming releases http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/ down at the bottom

DarkMatt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

SuperCard has 32MB RAM onboard.
The real problem is...read the nds file and use the SuperCard's RAM at the same time. Impossible. It's like having a coin facing up both sides at the same time.
Yeah, SuperCard has 32MB onboard, but only 16MB is accessible at any given time to be used as RAM. The other 16MB is used for I/O AFAIK. I could be wrong, but I'm sure I read about that somewhere.
unsure.gif

You're right about not being able to use both at the same time though. Anyway, my point was that from what I can remember, the RAM pack is 10MB.
happy.gif

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
How is flash on your DS gonna change your life, anyway. They aimed the opera browser at people who'd want to check their emails on the DS, not surfing newsgrounds or youtube.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
now whats the differance between the Nintendo DS Web Browser, and the Nintendo DS Lite Web Browser? is the ram card just smaller to fit flush against the system or does it have anything added?
Spot on: the only difference is the shape of the flush-fitting GBA cart. There's no extra functionality.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Get a 3DS and do the same 🥰