No drive visable in Wiiflow or cfg ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by pwsincd, Feb 25, 2012.

1. pwsincd
    OP

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    Hi guys , hope this is someting simple , i have just tried adding a couple of new games to my sons HDD using wii backup manager (
    as always) , the 3 small games transferred fine , replaced HDD into wii and now Wiiflow and cfg dont see the games . Wiiflow asks to select a partition or install a game , partition is set to NTFS as always , nothings changed. I can happily browse the wbfs folder on my pc and also through wii backup manager , i can also play movies and music still through WiiMC , i have removed the new games i added so it was back to how it was 30 mins ago when it was working , i now dont know what to do , any ideas ? Just hoping i dont lose 94 backups !!!!!!

2. pepxl

pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

Jun 19, 2009
    you made sure its in the correct usb port

3. pwsincd
    OP

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    Yeah it is /was , i have copied a game from the HDD to a USB/microSD adaptor and it works fine , so im guessing either corrupt game (not sure how though as they were all fine) or something corrupt thats hindering the usb loaders reading them , i also removed the ini file to allow wiiflow to create a new , it didnt help. Could game covers affect it ??

4. Lucif3r

Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 10, 2011
    Well you could try another loader, like cfg or gx. If any of those 2 see your games, its rather safe to assume its wiiflow messing it up, at which point you could try delete all config files for wiiflow and reinstall it.

edit: damnit, I should read more carefully... I see youve tried cfg already...

5. pwsincd
    OP

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    im fairly certain the issue lies with the HDD somehow as i have added 4 games to a micro sd usb drive and alls working well. But all the files seem ok on the HDD when in the PC so cant figure what has changed suddenly , it happened directly after transferring and swapping over the HDD. im at a loss , just making a backup of the games currently before any next step.

6. dancemonkey

dancemonkey GBAtemp Regular

Jan 14, 2007
    Have you tried manually selecting partition when wiiflow asks? Have you tried launching it via Homebrew channel?

7. pwsincd
    OP

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    Yes to both of those.

I have taken a copy of the entire wbfs folder and pasted it directly back to the same HDD to make sure i had another copy of the games. took 4 hrs lol , anyways after that completed i could no longer enter the original wbfs folder telling me it was possibly corrupt but could happily browse the newly made copy , so renamed folders and tried in the wii and all is working fine ?!?!?! WTF my wbfs folder had gotten corrupted and weirdly i could make a copy of it perfectly fine before it decided to lock me out . Anyways for now at least i guess this problem has found a cure. thanks for the assistance ..

8. PsyBlade

PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Jul 30, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Sol III
    check the drives filesystem

9. pwsincd
    OP

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    specifically check for what psyblade ?

10. PsyBlade

PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Jul 30, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Sol III
    :blink:
    errors?

edit: as in chkdsk, fsck and the like

11. pwsincd
    OP

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    yeah , i intend on doing this , and a defrag too , when my son puts the damn wiimote down lol.. cheers fella.