Hacking no disc drive

  • Thread starter Thread starter rondoh70
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,044
  • Replies Replies 10
Was there an .nfo attached to the release or is it just "from the web"? Are you sure the release wasn't nuked? Did you try downloading the same game from a different source? Does the region check out with your system?
 
Its normal that the error occurs. I previously thought that you could boot games and official channels without a disc drive and I had fought it with people because I thought that I had removed the drive in my wii that my family uses, but many months later I had opened up my wii and I found that I did in fact still have my drive in there. At this point I tested it out and removed the drive and tried booting a bunch of things and only homebrew would boot.

So that leads me to wonder, where the fuck did I get this extra drive that I still have on my desk.


But also, if you use a WODE then you can have the main WODE pcb attached to the wii and you won't need to use the normal drive at all. I haven't tested this with other modchips yet, but I doubt that they will work.
 
i still have the drive pcb i just misplaced the ribbon cable that is required for the drive to function.

edit: I wonder if there is a way to edit official wads to load in wiis without a drive
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted