Hacking no disc drive

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Was there an .nfo attached to the release or is it just "from the web"? Are you sure the release wasn't nuked? Did you try downloading the same game from a different source? Does the region check out with your system?

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Its normal that the error occurs. I previously thought that you could boot games and official channels without a disc drive and I had fought it with people because I thought that I had removed the drive in my wii that my family uses, but many months later I had opened up my wii and I found that I did in fact still have my drive in there. At this point I tested it out and removed the drive and tried booting a bunch of things and only homebrew would boot.

So that leads me to wonder, where the fuck did I get this extra drive that I still have on my desk.

But also, if you use a WODE then you can have the main WODE pcb attached to the wii and you won't need to use the normal drive at all. I haven't tested this with other modchips yet, but I doubt that they will work.

rondoh70

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i still have the drive pcb i just misplaced the ribbon cable that is required for the drive to function.

edit: I wonder if there is a way to edit official wads to load in wiis without a drive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.