OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Until about two days ago, I was a happy CFW user, on Atmosphere.

Now, I cannot boot ANY CFW at all.

Things I have tried:
* Multiple MicroSD cards
* Reformating microSD
* Verified using FAT32 (not exFAT)
* Downloading fresh setup from sdsetup
* Hekate and ReiNX
* Tried creating and booting from EmuMMC

Here is how it happens:
1. I enter RCM mode
2. I push the payload (Hekate or ReiNX)
3. The payload boots; I can access Hekate
4. I select start/launch
5. The Kosmos/Atmosphere splash screen shows.
6. Black screen.

And it just stays black.
Eventually, I just push the power button and it boots to stock FW like normal.
Normal firmware runs normally.

I tried Atmosphere and ReiNX. Both are the same; after the splash screen, the screen just stays black.

Please help!

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens if you push Atmosphere's fusee-primary.bin directly? (Rather than using Hekate)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, by any chance are you using a Micro SDXC card? Because if you're running CFW on a MicroSDXC card, and your system doesn't have the update for using bigger cards (it's a separate, independent update from the system firmware), it will cause these sorts of crashes.

Reactions: Lacius

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Lacius

Undwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you do anything before this problem started ? do you have Sept on your SD card ?

If I was to make a guess it you changed the content on your SD card and forgot to put the Sept folder on it. or you upgraded to 7+ and don't know you need the sept folder

Last edited by Undwiz,

Waicol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I'm pretty sure your sd slot is damaged, you should try lifting the cap where the sd is located and firmly press the area where the sd is located while loading your payload and see if it loads the cfw, if it does then your sd slot needs to be replaced.

Edit: you can still try placing some tape on the sd card to help with the pressure on the contacts.

Last edited by Waicol,

Undwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure your sd slot is damaged, you should try lifting the cap where the sd is located and firmly press the area where the sd is located while loading your payload and see if it loads the cfw, if it does then your sd slot needs to be replaced.

Edit: you can still try placing some tape on the sd card to help with the pressure on the contacts.

I don't think it would be the SD slot since the Atmosphere splash screen does get displayed , clearly showing the SD card is being accessed... Start with software not hardware... This guy is jumping the gun with no data to back it up.... do not do what he says LOL....

Symbitic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
What happens if you push Atmosphere's fusee-primary.bin directly? (Rather than using Hekate)

Also, by any chance are you using a Micro SDXC card? Because if you're running CFW on a MicroSDXC card, and your system doesn't have the update for using bigger cards (it's a separate, independent update from the system firmware), it will cause these sorts of crashes.

Yes, I tried fusee-primary.bin, same result as all the others. Splashscreen, then black screen.

Yes, I used a MicroSDXC card. But I've been using a 32GB MicroSDXC card this entire time. Why would it no longer work?
I will see if I have a regular SDHC I can use.

For the other suggestions:
* I reformatted and installed a fresh copy using sdsetup.com, there should be no problem with the Sept folder or any other folder.
* I am on version 5.1.0, never updated, never will.
* If the SD slot isn't working, then how would Hekate be able to create and write an EmuMMC partition to it?

No other changes at all. I was playing RetroArch then powered off my console so I could add some files to the SD card. Now, I can't get CFW to start.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's two different sd cards, different CFW etc... I can only imagine it's some hardware problem. Just can't see it being software after all that.

Undwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you are on 510 then you do not need a sept folder. I do not know if that would cause boot problems if you have it, try removing it if you do.

there is no reason to stay on 510. do a nand backup and upgrade firmware to latest using ChoiNX.. so you do not burn fuses. doing that will let you downgrade to 510. there is no reason at all to be on 510 ever.

If it's two different sd cards, different CFW etc... I can only imagine it's some hardware problem. Just can't see it being software after all that.

nope buddy its software on the SD... no way could OP save to or boot a splash screen...... its new files on a old firmware

Undwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I missed where he's on 5.1. Could be some incompatibility between newer CFWs and using older firmware maybe?

exactly ... like I said you jumped the Gun .... never had enough info to say its the SD slot... nice to see people trying to help... but slow down a bit

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The newest reiNX will not work on 5.1 you need 2.2.1 and lower I believe. Try lower versions.

I am also on 5.1, and it seems to be forever as well because not by choice but my switch will not boot ams on any higher fw and 7.1 ReinNX patches do not work. Every game requiring over master key 2 and sdk 1.32 has infinite loop on startup and freezes, but the system os works... Anyways so no "no reason not to stay on 5.1" as everyone always says

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte