Hacking No Acekard 2 on DealExtreme!!!

BedtimeGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I REALLY need to get an ak2i and an ak2 for the price that DX sells them for, so i was planning on using the "workaround" to buy an ak2i and the normal product page for the ak2 to buy it, but now the ak2 page is gone! is there some workaround for the ak2?? or am i completely F**ked??? if i cant get one i have to give my friend his money back... but i already told him i ordered it.
frown.gif

BedtimeGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gee thanks for listening i know about the ak2i workaround... i even said so, i need to buy an ak2... as in ACKARD 2 ... NOTICE THE ABSENCE OF "i" thanks for trying to help anyways

BedtimeGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oooohhhh 2.1 .... i misread it as 2i

heck i have a cyclo, i didnt even know thee WAS a 2.1 , is it some sort of a manufacturing difference?
sorry about that, thanks for the help!

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zhuzhuchina said:
isn't better to buy acekard 2i directly ? they are far better quality than 2.1
ciao
I do believe it was the Acekard 2i that was rushed onto the market as the first DSi flashcard, making its hardware design kinda unstable. How many people do you think have an AK2i and use the paper trick? A lot. How many use the trick with the AK2.1? Not many. The 2.1 had some thought while the 2i was rushed because the Acekard Team wanted to be the first ones done.
tongue.gif

Someone should sticky a post containing DX links for all Acekard products on this forum so people don't create 30 threads asking for them.

~ Jon

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I did the work-around for the ak2i, it has been sitting as waiting for supplier for 8 days and counting. I am getting a little worried, I have ordered tons of stuff from DX and never this long unless it was "not in stock" (then you wait months).

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jonjon95 said:
zhuzhuchina said:
ciao
I do believe it was the Acekard 2i that was rushed onto the market as the first DSi flashcard, making its hardware design kinda unstable. How many people do you think have an AK2i and use the paper trick? A lot. How many use the trick with the AK2.1? Not many. The 2.1 had some thought while the 2i was rushed because the Acekard Team wanted to be the first ones done.
tongue.gif

Someone should sticky a post containing DX links for all Acekard products on this forum so people don't create 30 threads asking for them.

~ Jon

Actually the first is usually the best, and in this case I have to say Acekard 2i is the best, its cheap and has a great build, side by side comparison of my Acekard 2i to a DS game they look exactly the same. Oh, and no "paper trick" for me, I take care of my stuff.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@lukands and anyone else that ordered through the shopping cart links:
Please keep us updated on what happens. I was going to order one just the other day before they disappeared... :/

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
jonjon95 said:
zhuzhuchina said:
ciao
tongue.gif

~ Jon

Actually the first is usually the best, and in this case I have to say Acekard 2i is the best, its cheap and has a great build, side by side comparison of my Acekard 2i to a DS game they look exactly the same. Oh, and no "paper trick" for me, I take care of my stuff.
Same. I wasn't hating on the AK2i, I just said that there were more hardware problems with it than the AK2.1. I've never had a hardware problem with my 2.1 anywayz.
biggrin.gif

~ Jon

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why people love DX so much that they'd go through so much trouble to order from them and then wait for so long to get their order.
Things on 0shippingzone for example are only 2-3$ more expensive (some things are actually cheaper) and they ship faster. You really can't afford to pay 2 or 3 dollars more and prefer the pain of using DX?

rody2k6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting my from RHS, I prefer US-Based companies. might be expensive..but heck..it only takes a max of 5 days across all USA to get it lol.

Daniel15

Newcomer
Trophies
Palo Alto, CA (originally Melbourne, Australia)
Website
d.sb
XP
Country
United States
sfg said:
I don't know why people love DX so much that they'd go through so much trouble to order from them and then wait for so long to get their order.
Things on 0shippingzone for example are only 2-3$ more expensive (some things are actually cheaper) and they ship faster. You really can't afford to pay 2 or 3 dollars more and prefer the pain of using DX?

Indeed... I bought an Acekard 2i from 0shippingzone for my girlfriend and was surprised with how quickly they sent it (ordered it Thursday night, they mailed it Friday). Much better than the two months or so DealExtreme took to send an Acekard to my brother.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've said it before and I'l say it again...I'm in Australia and have ordered from DX on 3 different occassions - the longest I've ever waited for delivery to my doorstep is 10 calender days! Latest - AK2i ordered 8 Jan, delivered 18 Jan...all for a TOTAL outlay of AU$14.46.

Complain about that
wacko.gif

Daniel15

Newcomer
Trophies
Palo Alto, CA (originally Melbourne, Australia)
Website
d.sb
XP
Country
United States
Hehe, I'm Australian too. I wish my DX delivery was that quick
frown.gif
. My order was placed on 21st February 2009. It got sent from them towards the end of March 2009. Got lost in the mail, they said they'd send a replacement. Replacement was sent 29th May 2009. Arrived here mid-June.

An order before that one (for unrelated stuff) was placed 20th January 2009, sent 2nd March, arrived a few days later (some of the delay was due to Chinese New Year, however). I was happy with the prices and such, just took ages for the stuff to arrive.

tomrev

Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
Daniel15 said:
Hehe, I'm Australian too. I wish my DX delivery was that quick
frown.gif
. My order was placed on 21st February 2009. It got sent from them towards the end of March 2009. Got lost in the mail, they said they'd send a replacement. Replacement was sent 29th May 2009. Arrived here mid-June.

An order before that one (for unrelated stuff) was placed 20th January 2009, sent 2nd March, arrived a few days later (some of the delay was due to Chinese New Year, however). I was happy with the prices and such, just took ages for the stuff to arrive.

Wow! You've guts to wait for. However, I don't think it's worth to wait for Almost half of Year. The slowest shipping method, sea route can't compare with DX shipping time. Countless times, people bother with this suck company for saving a few money.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits... +1