NNID is "linked to another system"

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by Ketchup901, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Ketchup901
    OP

Ketchup901 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 1, 2015
    Stockholm
    So my NNID did not work (error code 022-2501), so I formatted my emuNAND (with TinyFormat) because I heard that it would make it work again. After doing this however, it said it is already linked to a system. So I figured it was still linked to the old instance, if that makes sense. I e-mailed Bergsala AB support (the Nintendo reseller in Sweden) to make them unlink my NNID, and this is roughly what he told me:

So, if I send him the actual serial number of my console, can he help me with that, or will it simply just alert him that there's something shady going on with my 3DS, and ban my NNID?

Also kind of unrelated, although not really: What happens if I format my emuNAND through system options and how is it different from using TinyFormat?

2. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd ◥▷◁◤ Knight of Void

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Land of Darkness and Bounty
    It's safe. Just don't mention what you did that caused it.

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Formatting from System Settings connects to Nintendo's servers to unlink the NNID on the server side. TinyFormat doesn't do this. However, I didn't think that would cause issues linking the NNID again on the same console. Maybe they changed it recently.

Ev1l0rd likes this.