NitroHax help

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by GreatZimkogway, Aug 3, 2009.

Aug 3, 2009

NitroHax help by GreatZimkogway at 3:36 AM (1,214 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. GreatZimkogway
    OP

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    I'm try to use NitroHax so I can use it as an Action Replay for games I actually own, but each time I try to go to the cheat selection menu, the thing freezes on me, whether I have the flashcard, gamecard, or nothing in at all. How do I fix this?

2. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    What type of cart do you have? Some carts freeze when taken out and some turn off the DS (M3 Real) and some carts work fine (EDGE). It probably depends what cart you are using.

3. GreatZimkogway
    OP

United States
    I use an Acekard 2i. But it doesn't freeze when I do that. It ONLY freezes when I go to specific cheat menus. Like, for example, I go to Platinum's actual cheat list. But it doesn't freeze until then.

4. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Are you using AKAIO? The only cart I've that worked when I was testing it on different flashcarts was the EDGE, I haven't gotten an Ak2i (Yet..) though I'm pretty sure this homebrew is discontinued. You should try searching around DX or the ebay to find a cheap Action Replay DS. I bought my ARDS off a friend irl who got it for $10 on ebay.

5. GreatZimkogway
    OP

United States
    Yeah, I use akAIO. And the reason I'm trying to use this is because, well, I can't afford one.

6. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Yeah, that was the reason I tried to use it lol. Anyway, try messing around by trying to use it with the official firmware/YSMenu/Running it through DSOrganise and stuff. That's what I did until I realised it was my actual cart which was turning off. If all else fails you could get an EDGE cart for really cheap on DX or try going to market place or whatever, they usually have cheap carts like EDGE.

7. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Do you have a DSi?

8. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    I'm pretty sure he has a normal DS.

9. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Platinum's got an immense list of cheats, that is prolly the problem. He's lucky the thing even works, when I tried it on my DSTT or SCDSOne it always froze at startup.

10. fgghjjkll

Member fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

Australia
    prolly the .xml too big.
    trim the games out u don't want.

11. Aganar

Newcomer Aganar Member

United States
    I've trimmed my list to 1.5mb, but it still freezes once I load the game-specific menu.

I'm using a DSTT.

12. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Yeah, I'm guessing it wont work since I've tried it on that, an M3 Real (Triple Boot), DSTT, R4 (Original), and an EDGE which seems to work.

13. Aganar

Newcomer Aganar Member

United States
    D'you think alternate loading methods--YSMenu, rather than the DSTT firmware loader, or DSkiosk--might improve the success rate?

I swear, I got it working once. Granted the only game it worked on was Feel the Magic, but it still worked. For ten seconds, anyway (it ended up not mattering, since the first thing the game told me when it booted up was "Game save has been corrupted", no doubt due to said use of cheats).