wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
homebrew.gif
NitroGrafx V0.2
Update
HW-TG16(E)_box.jpg

Flubba has released an update to his port of PCEAdvance to the NDS. Dubbed "NitroGrafx," this application emulates the PC-Engine/TurboGrafx16 with some CD-ROM support. Please post any bug reports in the official discussion thread.

Change Log said:
• Added support for the SF2 mapper.
• Fixed loading of roms with headers.
• Fixed sprite scaling when switching modes.
• Fixed directory cache misses.
• Fixed some CD-ROM emulation issues.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Official Site
icon11.gif
Official Discussion
discuss.png
Discuss

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is amazing news for me. PC Engine/TG16 is one of my favorite systems of all time. Now I can enjoy it on the DS!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TurboGrafx-16

the wiki is worth a read, it's interesting. at the bottom is a link to a list of games, both cart and cdrom. i've been playing through the tg16 collection on my dingoo and to be honest there really isn't much that i've enjoyed yet. although bonk's adventure is always fun, but that might be nostalgia for nick arcade.

-another world

Kevin242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can it emulate Turbo Grafx with wound without skipping frames? I've yet to play a TG-16 emulator on DS/GBA that seemed "right" speed-wise.

lincruste

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Another World said:
[...]
the wiki is worth a read, it's interesting. at the bottom is a link to a list of games, both cart and cdrom. i've been playing through the tg16 collection on my dingoo and to be honest there really isn't much that i've enjoyed yet[...]

You'll definitly want to play Jacky Chan's Action Kung Fu, Dragon Spirit and Atomic Robo Kid.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been hoping he'd port PCE Advance for a while, it's pretty good except for the no sound.

EDIT: Quick Impressions -

Tried the following games:

Aero Blasters
Blazing Lasers
Bonk
Devil's Crush Pinball
Gradius (J)
Klax
Parodius da! (J)
Space Invaders Arcade (J)
Splatterhouse (J)

They all played well and with sound, I'm happy to say. Gradius and Parodius had some slight graphics glitches, as mentioned in the gameslist file (the powerup bar occasionally floats on top of the screen)and Parodius seemed slightly slower (like 5-10% maybe) then it does on Hugo Wii. But otherwise, the games played great and much better then they did on PCE Advance. Kudos to Flubba:)

EDIT 2: Official compatibility list here: http://www.pocketheaven.com/ph/boards/viewtopic.php?t=7154

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is actually one of the better PCE emulators I have used. Even some games I had issues with on the Wii and PSP emulators work really nicely on this one. Games look and sound really good. I have yet to try any CD games though.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
How is the sound with this emulator? I tried PCEAdvance, and it cut a lot of the sound channels out.

Sound is very good on all the Hucard games I played. Its a big step up from PCEAdvance.

wolfdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah this version is even better! Save state worked perfectly in Bonk and Bomberman 93. The only problems I`ve checked is that Legend of Hero Tomma is widescreen, and the emulator won`t scale it to fit NDS resolution, and there is no voice in most games like Bravoman. But it`s really awesome to be able to play PC Engine on NDS, it`s one of my favorite 8-bit consoles and has some really awesome (and weird) games!
gbasp.gif

Wiisee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The only issue ive had with this is that it does not work on DSI.

I tried this on my DSI XL and it did not load the menu no matter what i tried.

But then i tried the same files on my phat ds, and it worked great.

I really hope they will fix it in future for this, as personally i love so many of the turbografx16 games. I do agree, the speed sometimes is slightly out, but all in all, its a brilliant early attempt i think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning