Nintendo's "Project Giant Robot" has been canceled

image.jpeg

Nintendo has recently released their 2016 earning's report, and with it has come some new information, along with the lack thereof. Notably, the report has no mention or any information about Project Giant Robot, a game that was being developed by Shigeru Miyamoto, first shown off at E3 2014. Reporters at Polygon pressed Nintendo for more information on the matter, to which Nintendo announced that the game is now officially canceled. Project Giant Robot was initially made to show off the capabilities of the Wii U gamepad, but it seems the game had troubles in development. This report once again verifies that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will indeed be the last first party Wii U game.

:arrow: Source

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If Project Giant Robot became part of a game, it would've meant that it would've utilised the last of the Wii U's capabilities.

It's not the fault of the developers for having to cancel this game. And it certainly wasn't because of the how poorly the Wii U sold.

Who can we blame for the cancellation of Project Giant Robot? Tatsumi Kimishima of course! He ordered to end all Wii U production waaaaaay too early, well before the Nintendo Switch ever got to be released. Heck, the Wii U hasn't even sold poorly enough to even be considered a commercial failure, so why end it early? I know it happened with the Nintendo 64, but once again... it was a different President of Nintendo during that time that did the same thing as Tatsumi did.

If I was a president, I would've at least allowed for the last remaining games in development to be released for the platform, rather than pulling the plug on it right away. He really has shot himself in the foot by forcing the cancellation of a concept of a game that could've easily been implemented into some new game as missions alongside an original story.

I would demand for someone who knows a friend that works at Nintendo EAD, to go into the development studio, smuggle in a USB, copy the project to the USB drive, smuggle the USB out of the facility, then leak it onto the web, where everyone can download it and play it on their Wii U. Please, make it become a reality, I'm begging you.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

^ Zelda BotW is the game to use the full capabilities of the WiiU, not this lookalike indie mini-game.

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably just a coincidence, but anyone else notice this city and the city from the new Mario for Switch? Maybe Miyamoto pushed for the cityscape to transition, or maybe I'm must reaching on that one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    White fries hold up
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 sure you can
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why tf do people hate android users? is it the video quality? just because "AnDrOiD = pOoR" bc they don't cost an arm and a leg like iphones do?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i won't be turned off by an iphone, but don't pick on me for having an android, that's just how this shit should work
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users