Nintendo's new Mario game?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by WiiCube_2013, Jun 24, 2014.

1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    I saw the reveal of Super Mario Maker, and while that's cool and all, I just wanted another Mario platforming game Sunshine-style or Galaxy-style because 3D World although pretty addictive for what it's worth, it was too short and felt just like a much better version of 3D Land.

#NintendoPleaseMakeANewMarioSunshine2AndMarioKartDoubleDash2!!

Seeing how Nintendo's bringing back the Legendary GameCube controller I guess there's hope at least for VC Mario Sunshine and VC Double Dash, so it's better than nothing and I'm willing to buy them even more so if they add online play to DD!

2. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
  3. MarioFanatic64

MarioFanatic64 The guy who does things

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia

This is Nintendo. Until you get a solid announcement, don't expect jack. Personally, I wouldn't mind a Mario Sunshine 2 as long as FLUDD is downgraded to a Powerup and the environments are more diverse (every single area in the original was a tourist destination.)

What I would prefer though is a sequel to Mario 64 (inb4 "Galaxy is M64-2").

And eventually when Nintendo gets it right, open world Mario.

WiiCube_2013 likes this.
  4. Pogostick

Pogostick Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2013
    United States
    I'd rather see Super Mario Sunshine HD or the original version on the Wii U vConsole.

WiiCube_2013 and Kikirini like this.
  5. Dork

Dork Newbie

Super Mario Sunshine was 10x better than Mario 64.

Kikirini, chartube12 and WiiCube_2013 like this.
  6. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I hope the next Mario game will be separated by more than a year from the last, it's getting extremely tiring. They've released three Mario games on the Wii U already (New Super Mario Bros. U, New Super Luigi U, Super Mario World 3D) and aside from those there's also a number of franchise spin-offs including Mario Kart and the upcoming Toad game - there's only so much milk you can squeeze out of one cow before it curdles up. I would much rather if the next project was bigger and took them a while to develop - a Sunshine/Mario 64 scale game developed over the course of 2 years or so would've been ideal.

In the meantime, the creative minds should put more effort into other Nintendo franchises that are just waiting to be expanded upon with Wii U installments, stuff like Metroid, F-Zero, maybe even Golden Sun, "Wii U" Wars or Punch-Out. I know they're working on StarFox and Smash is just around the corner, so I won't complain about those two, but some variety in terms of first party content would've been nice.

7. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    I'm hoping for a Galaxy 3 this time around. I thought 1 & 2 where the best Mario games ever made. I didn't really like Mario Sunshine, the water pistol back pack got on my nerves very early on in the game, like when you are fighting the piranha plant down the hole, took me ages to bust that one! Did not like Mario 3D World at all, I was so disappointed with that game that I sold it on soon as I beat bowser up the tower!

filfat likes this.
  8. DonnyKD

DonnyKD GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2012
    United States

New Super Luigi U is DLC.

Like, seriously. Why are so many people counting it as a full game?

For that matter, why would you put Mario Kart and the Mario platformers in the same boat? You do know that the former comes once a system and has nothing to do with the latter?

9. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I treat it as DLC as well, but it recently saw a retail release as a separate game. I'm not putting Mario Kart and Mario platformers in the same boat, which is why I said "three games", if I did otherwise I'd also count Mario Kart, Smash Bros. etc. - I put them in the same franchise boat though, and you can only have so much of one thing before you feel sick.

10. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Because it's a retail game but also available as a digital game (DLC) to purchase.

[​IMG]

Recent? The game came out in 2013.

11. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    More or less recent in historical terms. :P

12. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    ..what? Seriously? :mellow:

Why do you think that?

13. DonnyKD

DonnyKD GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2012
    United States
    That's a very limited release, though.

GTAIV's Expansions also got separate retail releases.

14. goober

goober GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2006
    United States
    It really wasn't...

Walker D and mightymuffy like this.
  15. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    The only thing decent about Super Mario Sunshine was the void levels where FLUDD was taken from you, which kind of says it all really...... Sony platformers released at a similar time (Jak & Daxter 1, Ratchet & Clank) were actually better games than Sunshine.....

And like I said earlier, Double Dash was also shite in my opinion :lol:

16. Rocc0

Rocc0 Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Finland
    How come? I liked it a lot.

17. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    there most likely is a new 3D Mario game for the wiiu in the works, but it is no where close to being ready to be shown in any form

maybe at e3 2015

WiiCube_2013 likes this.