Hacking Nintendont

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to adjust the analog deadzones for the gamepad? At least double from default, my left stick drifts a lot.

I searched for the control.ini but I couldn't find one for the gamepad, just for external controllers
I can't guarantee this will work as several areas are for the deadzone, but I doubled them from 1.11 to 2.22. also, this contains the button mappings I changed from before, so hopefully this is good:

Attachments

• boot.zip
    1 MB · Views: 42

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks man!

Could it be possible to set it to something like 5.00? And maybe without the button swap?
you do know deadzone is already huge with current values right, if you make it bigger you will loose the ability where many game have a diference between like walking and running or any sensitivity stuff, you should just get your gamepad fixed isntead of ruinning many games controls and even make some games unplayable.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I know how deadzones work, already did this process on retroarch where the inputs are easily adjustable and didn't broke any game, obviously if you don't choose stupidly high values it should be fine
I changed what I think is the deadzone with no button swaps to 5.00. test it as I don't know what's happening on your end:

Attachments

• boot.zip
    1 MB · Views: 32

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try this. I changed another section, which may be right for X and Y, from 1000 to 5000. this does work, at least it boots up if that's what you meant as I tried it:

Attachments

• boot.zip
    1 MB · Views: 40

Nomado

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
@Nomado , I realized I made two buttons B and maybe two buttons Y. here's it fixed along with the button configuration of how it was with B and A swapped for both gamepad and wii classic controller and plus. I also changed the minus button press for both. let me know if it works.
Hi, I have tried that and A buttons is assigned to B which is good. But B button is assigned to A instead of Y on Wii U Pro Controller.
Y is assigned to Y and X is assigned to X. Pressing Minus changes Y to X and X to Y. A remains assigned to B and B remains assigned to A buttons.

Nomado

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
Sorry if I confused you. What I meant was on Gamecube controllers B is on the left, A is on the bottom, X is on the right and Y is on the top. But by letter Wii Classic Controller and Wii U controllers have B on the bottom, A on the right, X is on the top and Y is on the left. So player would always have to press Minus button to change the alignment to appear how it would on the Gamecube controller. I was asking if it was possible to have Minus button pressed automatically so Nintendont always launches Bluetooth controllers with B button assigned to Y, A button assigned to B, X button assigned to A, Y button assigned to X.
It might be matter of just changing the value of whether starting value of Minus is to pressed or not. But I am not a programmer so please look into it.

Would be nice to not have to press Minus on every controller once always. I have taken out my Wii Classic Controller also. Changes affect Pro Controller and Classic Controller both.

Thanks.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if I confused you. What I meant was on Gamecube controllers B is on the left, A is on the bottom, X is on the right and Y is on the top. But by letter Wii Classic Controller and Wii U controllers have B on the bottom, A on the right, X is on the top and Y is on the left. So player would always have to press Minus button to change the alignment to appear how it would on the Gamecube controller. I was asking if it was possible to have Minus button pressed automatically so Nintendont always launches Bluetooth controllers with B button assigned to Y, A button assigned to B, X button assigned to A, Y button assigned to X.
It might be matter of just changing the value of whether starting value of Minus is to pressed or not. But I am not a programmer so please look into it.

Would be nice to not have to press Minus on every controller once always. I have taken out my Wii Classic Controller also. Changes affect Pro Controller and Classic Controller both.

Thanks.
I'll try that button layout with the gamepad first. Would you like that to be default?

Nomado

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
Yeah, I think if controllers just connected or started with Minus pressed so B is on the left, A on the bottom, X on the right, Y on the top would be quite a good QOL improvement. Not that it took too long though xD but I think players who have friends come over and bring out 4 controllers but friends don't know to press Minus so they had to go and press Minus on friends controller would appreciate :D

Also your previous changes somehow broke return shortcut function. When launching GC backups from USB Loader GX and then returning to it by pressing B+Down+R+Z freezes WiiU console. I reverted back to regular Nintendont and it doesn't happen.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I think if controllers just connected or started with Minus pressed so B is on the left, A on the bottom, X on the right, Y on the top would be quite a good QOL improvement. Not that it took too long though xD but I think players who have friends come over and bring out 4 controllers but friends don't know to press Minus so they had to go and press Minus on friends controller would appreciate :D

Also your previous changes somehow broke return shortcut function. When launching GC backups from USB Loader GX and then returning to it by pressing B+Down+R+Z freezes WiiU console. I reverted back to regular Nintendont and it doesn't happen.
I'm not a programmer either, but I try to learn as much as possible. try this one. those button assignments are default with gamepad only (let's try that first), so there's no need to press minus.

Attachments

• boot.zip
    1 MB · Views: 34
Reactions: Nomado

Nomado

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
Unfortunately, I haven't any VC injection that uses can use Gamepad. On Classic Controller, it was same but I guess that is to be expected. More than that changes definitely break IGR function. It freezes Wii U requiring unplugging power cord.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, I haven't any VC injection that uses can use Gamepad. On Classic Controller, it was same but I guess that is to be expected. More than that changes definitely break IGR function. It freezes Wii U requiring unplugging power cord.
I think I found where that code is, but I have no idea what to change:

1652779263137.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, I just tested reset with the gamepad with the button remappings on both super mario sunshine and tales of symphonia (loaded up a game on both). it works fine for me. it soft resets the game, if that's what it's supposed to do.

I could not test the restart to nintendont on my builds, the wiimote has no r button, the gamepad and pro controllers have no z. Am I missing something here?

Nomado

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
Z is assigned to R and R is assigned to ZR. B depends on whether Minus is pressed or not. By default B is B on Classic Controller and Pro Controller. After pressing Minus it changes to Y. With regular Nintendont I am able to USB Loader GX with Z+R+B+Down but also I can just press HOME button to return back to USB Loader GX. With your compiled Nintendont my WiiU would just freeze straight when I press these. I have Gamepad but I haven't installed any Nintendont forwarder channel or VC injection so can't test those. Maybe your changes work with Gamepad only?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure. I was able to reset the game fine with those buttons, but I'm not sure if down even factored into it. so you mean through usb loader gx? I was using the forwarder.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tested it on my system. yep, it freezes, but I'm thinking it's usb loader gx related, because it does not freeze with the nintendont forwarder.

edit: nm, it freezes with the forwarder on the vwii as well, but it doesn't with the nintendont forwarder on the wiiu.

Last edited by godreborn,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: 3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a...