Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey there,
I recently installed Nintendont but am having a few issues and was hoping that someone could help. Every time I go to start Nintendont the background will load up along with a message saying "Loading IOS58 Kernal..." and then it will just crash. I'm running the latest version of Nintendont on the Wii. The first time I tried loading it, a got a message telling me to update to 4.3, currently I'm running 4.2U. I feel like updating would probably fix any issues I'm having but I don't want to brick my console or mess with Homebrew so I'm not sure what the best thing to do is. I'm pretty new to all this so I wouldn't be surprised if I overlooked something. Again, any help is appreciated, thanks.
just update ... all homebrew is compatible with 4.3.

you probably also have a very very old homebrew channel and ios, nintendont needs the official ios58 to start and an ios58 base homebrew channel , some old instals have a modded ios58 and old homebrew channels dont use the officail ios 58.

Kerpal335

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just update ... all homebrew is compatible with 4.3.

you probably also have a very very old homebrew channel and ios, nintendont needs the official ios58 to start and an ios58 base homebrew channel , some old instals have a modded ios58 and old homebrew channels dont use the officail ios 58.

Alright, I'll give it a try when I get a chance. Thanks for the help.

kingholy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Will generic Gamecube controller with USB port work if I connect it in one of the front ports ? Or do I need to buy the Gamecube Wii U adapter ? Thanks.

mat128

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Returning to loader using the button combination crashes my Wii when the Gamecube game's loaded from USB Loader GX with Nintendont but works perfectly when booting the Nintendont app itself in the Homebrew Chanel, is this expected?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Returning to loader using the button combination crashes my Wii when the Gamecube game's loaded from USB Loader GX with Nintendont but works perfectly when booting the Nintendont app itself in the Homebrew Chanel, is this expected?

Do you have the USB Loader GX forwarder installed?

softword

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Is there a way to change the default controller?, i am using the latest version on vwii, i can use the game cube controller(using the official adapter) and the wii classic controller pro
through wii mote on the menu but once i start a game it uses the wii classic controller pro.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is there a way to change the default controller?, i am using the latest version on vwii, i can use the game cube controller(using the official adapter) and the wii classic controller pro
through wii mote on the menu but once i start a game it uses the wii classic controller pro.
put the gc controllers on port 1 of the adapter, or simply unplug the classic controller.

Modder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so today I got around to dumping more of my gamecube game discs, but I tried loading Animal Crossing on Nintendont, and when it gets to "Init DI", the console inexplicably just shuts itself off. I tried recopying the game to see if it was a problem with the game file itself, but it still shut down. Then I tried loading a different game, Resident Evil 4, and that worked. So what's the issue here? Can anyone help me?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so today I got around to dumping more of my gamecube game discs, but I tried loading Animal Crossing on Nintendont, and when it gets to "Init DI", the console inexplicably just shuts itself off. I tried recopying the game to see if it was a problem with the game file itself, but it still shut down. Then I tried loading a different game, Resident Evil 4, and that worked. So what's the issue here? Can anyone help me?
When the console does that the dump is most likely bad. Do an MD5 hash check against Redump.org to make sure the dump is at least good.

If using Windows then use this GCVerify

Last edited by ccfman2004,

Kitasan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I always use 32GB USB memory with Nintendont to load game
But recently when i choose usb in Nintendont says “USB FAT device could not be opened”.
So i format my USB and boot Nintendont again, but it says same thing last time.
How can i fix this problem?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I always use 32GB USB memory with Nintendont to load game
But recently when i choose usb in Nintendont says “USB FAT device could not be opened”.
So i format my USB and boot Nintendont again, but it says same thing last time.
How can i fix this problem?
flashdrive? flashdrives are very very inconsistent with homebrew codding in general, if its a flashdrive there isnt much that can be done, maybe waiting afew more seconds before pressing usb on the choice screen.

Reactions: Kitasan

robertus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i have Wii U and Nintendont, but i have trouble because:

- I can't have memory card emulation.
- If i change it in nintendont settings, when i exit, doesn't keep my settings.

Where i wrong ? :(

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i have Wii U and Nintendont, but i have trouble because:

- I can't have memory card emulation.
- If i change it in nintendont settings, when i exit, doesn't keep my settings.

Where i wrong ? :(
you need to start a agme after changing the settings for the settinggs to work. if you exit nintendont app no setting will be saved.

robertus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you need to start a agme after changing the settings for the settinggs to work. if you exit nintendont app no setting will be saved.

but i have installed super mario sunshine, from wii u usb helper.

And i have nintendont in sd card.

How can i start super mario sunshine before change settings, if super mario sunshine is on wiiu hdd ? ( wiiu hd not fat32 but with wiiu format )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Bad dragon