Hacking Nintendont

AleronIves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dolphin has its own debugger for the emulated software, so yes, you can see function calls and the like if you run Dolphin in debug mode, although I hightly doubt the functionality is as extensive as you can get with real hardware, and of course you have to contend with emulation bugs tainting your results.

modbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Hello. I'm using:

- USB Loader GX 3.0 r1262 (stricktly for Gamecube games)

- Nintendont 4.439

The games are on my SD and the Wii is conected with component cables. The Games run well - no problem at all.
I just would like to play some PAL games in 480p (which according to this list should be playable when forced to it).

I have "Tales of Symphonia (Germany)" - tried various settings but all i get is a black screen / no intro, nothing.

From my research it could be maybe a bug? Maybe an older version of Nintendont would do the trick? For example
"the bug has been found on rev 404 wich fixed some pal games forced stuff while breaking some others so wait until a solution that goes for both partys gets found by fix94 he is fast so this shouldnt take much time"

Also found this (have tried this as well, but no change):

"Updating to 4.422 and using "force PAL60" alongside "Force progressive" it works againg flawlessly"

Somebody have an idea whats the issue?

zmanzim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont
I haven't installed homebrew or nintendont. I'm nervous to brick or break the wii u. I'm on 5.5.1.
Is that a legit concern? Or as long as I don't update or connect online I should be fine?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello. I'm using:

- USB Loader GX 3.0 r1262 (stricktly for Gamecube games)

- Nintendont 4.439

The games are on my SD and the Wii is conected with component cables. The Games run well - no problem at all.
I just would like to play some PAL games in 480p (which according to this list should be playable when forced to it).

I have "Tales of Symphonia (Germany)" - tried various settings but all i get is a black screen / no intro, nothing.

From my research it could be maybe a bug? Maybe an older version of Nintendont would do the trick? For example

Also found this (have tried this as well, but no change):

Somebody have an idea whats the issue?

Some games dont work when forced sadly, dont thrust the compatibility list for the forced settings, most of them are wrong becuase people would copy entire lines and then changed the name of the game,also latest nintendont is 446 so you might aswell update.

you can try activating force ntsc video, force progressive and patch pal 50 to on, if with those 3 ON it doesnt work then its one of those games with very hardcoded stuff that wont work.

Nintendont
I haven't installed homebrew or nintendont. I'm nervous to brick or break the wii u. I'm on 5.5.1.
Is that a legit concern? Or as long as I don't update or connect online I should be fine?
nintendont is not installed in the first place, you simply have 3 files on the sd card that the homebrew channel reads on vwii mode, also it only runs on vwii so your wiiu mode fw is irrelevant it wont work on wiiu mode only on wiimode.

You need to have your vwii hacked to use nintendont, again hacking wiiu mode does nothing for nintendont only vwii.

Last edited by pedro702,
Reactions: modbrain

zmanzim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some games dont work when forced sadly, dont thrust the compatibility list for the forced settings, most of them are wrong becuase people would copy entire lines and then changed the name of the game,also latest nintendont is 446 so you might aswell update.

you can try activating force ntsc video, force progressive and patch pal 50 to on, if with those 3 ON it doesnt work then its one of those games with very hardcoded stuff that wont work.

nintendont is not installed in the first place, you simply have 3 files on the sd card that the homebrew channel reads on vwii mode, also it only runs on vwii so your wiiu mode fw is irrelevant it wont work on wiiu mode only on wiimode.

You need to have your vwii hacked to use nintendont, again hacking wiiu mode does nothing for nintendont only vwii.
okay so don't do the wii u install that has you go to loadiine.ovh each time?

zmanzim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. That is only for Wii U homebrew.
okay, yeah i have a lot of learning and reading to do and not sure i understand which is which. Lastly, I noticed that you're supposed to use nothing larger than a 2GB card. Am i correct in that or am I missing something? I only ask because some of the ISO files are nearly 1 GB themselves, so not sure how you can get more than a few. Thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY