Hacking Nintendont

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I think Nintendont can use either port, but only likes one device at a time plugged in. Seeing only a couple programs can access Port1 (on the original Wii) I've always had everything on one large HDD and just a cable plugged around the back into Port0. That's why I missed the port issue, I haven't messed with the back port in years, just the end of the cable that goes into the HDD when changing between them. I'm pretty sure you'll be good to go now you're on Port0.

Well, I only have one usb at a time, so I guess that couldn't be a problem. In any case, I've been playing for more than an hour now to the same game without pauses, and everything seems to be fine; no issue whatsoever. So port 0 then, and I hope it has been solved...

But I'm not going to count on it, just in case...

Thank you for all your help again! If I knew that the ports made a difference in Nintendont I would have tried it before, but seeing that I was loading games from there with two of the usbs I had I thought it was fine...

Oh, by the way, people were talking about Gamecube Iso Tool and DM Toolbox... What about DML Conv? In all the time I've used it never caused a problem (Not counting games like Kirby's Air Ride or Super Monkey ball that need 1:1 isos). Maybe it's just a different DM Toolbox or something?

Lastly; I have a question:

If I wanted to order the games of my USB, should I edit the folders' names, or should I change the names on the games in the "Titles.txt" file?

EDIT: I mean, so I can see them order as I want on the Nintendont Launcher...

Last edited by Maeson,

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For USB loaders I've always edited the titles.txt, so Nintendont should work the same way AFAIK.

The title ID is just scanned, so you can name the file/folder just about anything you'd like and it will still come up the same because that ID is cross referenced against the Titles.txt then displayed per that file.

Reactions: Maeson

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Perfect then. One of the reasons why I use usb (Besides of not needing external power source) is that I could have games of x genres or "types" in one place, so I didn't have to scroll up and down for what I wanted. For example I had all the action/platform/adventure games in one, all the multiplayer oriented games in other, and RPGs and double disc games in a third one.

But now that I have a 64gb usb, I guess I'll put everything in it and ordering them would come in handy.

Thanks!

About Nintendont, seems like everything is behaving like it should for now...

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The md5 was checked when i asked here and was ok. I'm not forcing any setting. All is by default. By far its the only game that i try to play that gives me those problems.

Actually you were the one that ask me for it that time.

Enviado desde mi LG-D618 mediante Tapatalk
not sure then it works fine for everyone else did you ever tryed the oposite version?ntsc version or the pal version depends on which one you were using i dont remenber wich one was it.

Well, I only have one usb at a time, so I guess that couldn't be a problem. In any case, I've been playing for more than an hour now to the same game without pauses, and everything seems to be fine; no issue whatsoever. So port 0 then, and I hope it has been solved...

But I'm not going to count on it, just in case...

Thank you for all your help again! If I knew that the ports made a difference in Nintendont I would have tried it before, but seeing that I was loading games from there with two of the usbs I had I thought it was fine...

Oh, by the way, people were talking about Gamecube Iso Tool and DM Toolbox... What about DML Conv? In all the time I've used it never caused a problem (Not counting games like Kirby's Air Ride or Super Monkey ball that need 1:1 isos). Maybe it's just a different DM Toolbox or something?

Lastly; I have a question:

If I wanted to order the games of my USB, should I edit the folders' names, or should I change the names on the games in the "Titles.txt" file?

EDIT: I mean, so I can see them order as I want on the Nintendont Launcher...
nintendont will always show the games in alphabetic order starting on the letter or number they have in the title.txt so yeah if you rename super mario sunshine to 01 mario sunshine on the titles.text it will appear first.

Reactions: Maeson

cetygamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hey, guys. Can someone help me with rumble?

Hello, guys. Can someone please explain me, how can I configue controller.ini file so that I could have rumble feature with my Logitech F710 gamepad?
I found this in controller_Generic_USB_Gamepad_PID=0079_VID=0006.ini:
Code:
Rumble=1
RumbleType=1
RumbleDataLen=0E
RumbleDataOn=51,00,00,00,FF,00,00,FA,FE,00,00,00,00,00
RumbleDataOff=51,00,00,00,00,00,00,FA,FE,00,00,00,00,00
RumbleTransferLen=07
RumbleTransfers=2

So I tested my gamepad with HID_test.dol. There are additional 13 bytes after the last byte which changes with button pressing. My game pad has On/Off button for rumble feature and whenever I press it last 13 bytes change like that:

Code:
= on
Code:
= off

So I tried to set RumbleDataLen to 0D and RumbleDataOn/RumbleDataOff to those arrays from above, but that didn't do the trick.

How can I find out which values should I set to RumbleType, RumbleTransferLen and RumbleTransfers?

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Everyone,

i have a little Problem perhaps someone can help me with.

I wanted to play super mario sunshine with nintendont on my wii u.

But if i try to play it with the Wii U Pro Controller i have the Problem that the R Trigger is not variable on how much i'm pressing it.

Is this working when i use a Original Gamecube Controller with a Wii U Gamecube Controller Adapter ?

There are two ways to get it working with a proper GameCube controller :-

1. Super Sm4sh USB adapter
  2. Mayflash GameCube to Wiimote adapter

I go with the latter because the GameCube controller is seen as a Wii Classic Controller, meaning it will happily work in Wii U, Wii and GameCube games. Downside: loss of rumble support, short of buttons in some games. For me neither of those are a big deal, and it's nice to have proper analogue trigger support in Sunshine.

skarmachild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they always did ever since BT was added like 1.5 years ago lol, if you use a fake wiimote or fake CC theres no garantee it will work it will be basicaly chance it might work or not.

awesome, thanks. all my wii remotes are official, so im gunna buy a couple of official classic controllers. do i need to set anything up prior to starting the GC game or can i just load it and all the buttons are configured proper?

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
So do classic controllers (connected to wiimote) work now?

In Nintendont? Yep. I've been running since v3.3xx and they worked there, probably earlier too. I prefer using a GameCube controller through the Wiimote, which emulates a Classic Controller. CC Pro also working fine, lack of analogue triggers though (half press by holding both triggers on that side down).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

awesome, thanks. all my wii remotes are official, so im gunna buy a couple of official classic controllers. do i need to set anything up prior to starting the GC game or can i just load it and all the buttons are configured proper?

Nope, it all just works. Part of why Nintendont is such a great piece of homebrew. I think you can hold SELECT (-) and it rotates the button layout 90 degrees. Be careful with that, I did it accidentally on Metroid Prime and wondered why the hell Samus kept turning into a ball. :-D

skarmachild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Nintendont? Yep. I've been running since v3.3xx and they worked there, probably earlier too. I prefer using a GameCube controller through the Wiimote, which emulates a Classic Controller. CC Pro also working fine, lack of analogue triggers though (half press by holding both triggers on that side down).

what, like gamecube controllers attached to the wiimote? crazy. didnt know they existed (unless you mean the official GC clone controllers for wii u).

classic controller has ZR and ZL right? ZR could be used as Z and ZL+shoulder buttons could be used as half-pressed shoulder buttons right?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
just plug and play and yeah i still advise you were better off with gc controllers since CC are kinda bad joystick wise so imo your best bet even on wii since it works on the wii on nintendont aswhell

you can buy a wiiu gc adpter and 4 gc controllers its the best setup possibly for gc games.

wworms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know how to get the debug codes working in both Super Monkey Ball and Kirby Air Ride? Super Monkey Ball 2's debug functions fine but the first game's debug code crashes the game and graphical distortions appear.

I get similar graphical issues with Sonic Adventure 2's A+X moonjump code.

skarmachild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just plug and play and yeah i still advise you were better off with gc controllers since CC are kinda bad joystick wise so imo your best bet even on wii since it works on the wii on nintendont aswhell

you can buy a wiiu gc adpter and 4 gc controllers its the best setup possibly for gc games.

yeah but i like the fact the classic controllers plug into the wiimote, making them effectively wireless. also its easier for 2D games as the classic controller has a good d-pad so its ideal for all my nes/snes classics.

also i have a wii not a wiiu (posted in wrong thread?) so my Wii has GC ports. might invest in 1x spice orange GC controller. that things pretty lush.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
yeah but i like the fact the classic controllers plug into the wiimote, making them effectively wireless. also its easier for 2D games as the classic controller has a good d-pad so its ideal for all my nes/snes classics.

also i have a wii not a wiiu (posted in wrong thread?) so my Wii has GC ports. might invest in 1x spice orange GC controller. that things pretty lush.
better yet if its an old wii you only need gc controllers then since you got gc ports, the CC joystick range is manny times inferior to the gc controller and the gc controller has rumble and CC connecting to the wiimote loose the wireless thing since you will need to have a tumor attached to it lol

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
what, like gamecube controllers attached to the wiimote? crazy. didnt know they existed (unless you mean the official GC clone controllers for wii u).

Yep, it's the only way I've found to get a GameCube controller to run in practically every part of the Wii U which supports Classic Controller. No not the clone controller, I mean these things. The exception is any Wii U games which normally only work with the touchscreen Gamepad, however there's the HID to VPAD emu which fixes that issue.

classic controller has ZR and ZL right? ZR could be used as Z and ZL+shoulder buttons could be used as half-pressed shoulder buttons right?

Using the Classic Controller, holding down the L button does half pressed triggers, so L+ZL for half-left-trigger, L+ZR for half-right-trigger. Little different from what I originally wrote but then it's been a while since I've used, say, a Wii U Pro Pad rather than a GameCube one.

better yet if its an old wii you only need gc controllers then since you got gc ports, the CC joystick range is manny times inferior to the gc controller and the gc controller has rumble and CC connecting to the wiimote loose the wireless thing since you will need to have a tumor attached to it lol

Um... wat?

Anyway, you do lose rumble support hooking the GC pad up to the Wiimote on the Wii U, but not a huge issue. You can now use HID to VPAD mod to get it to emulate the Gamepad so you're running it through the Sm4sh USB box, but I've only tested this with a WaveBird which doesn't have rumble in the first place.

Last edited by zekepliskin,

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still prefer the Wii U Pro Controller. You get wireless with rumble. I don't mind having to do the half-press button which is mainly only used on games like Mario Sunshine.

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I prefer the official GC adapter, because with that you can play GC games perfectly with rumble and analogue buttons and the adapter works with RetroArch, too. For Wii U games I just play them with the Gamepad.

getsqueezed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I'm trying to get Nintendont working but I'm kinda of stuck. I have a SD card with :

SD:/wiiu/apps/Nintendont/boot.dol
SD:/wiiu/apps/Nintendont/meta.xml

But when I open the homebrew launcher (latest version on 5.5.1), I only see Loadiine in the apps. How comes?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, atleast I think the latest version's apk is archived somewhere
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah it works great but it's the obvious Ds factor you loose from it it's not like playing atari games on atari because Nintendo actually use to give a reason to buy their hardware
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Honestly Ken I actually have the hardware and it's hacked and works fine, prefer my phone lol
    Microphone is more sensitive, DraStic has a high res mode, screen is way better just overall a better experience
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just like game consoles how they were intended to play if they have a unique enough reason to buy them anything else yeah just download emulation for it
    Oh and touch screen infinity better lol
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @Xdqwerty It's still on Play Store.
    for free
    Install before they remove it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like to see a DS emulator that allows casting top screen to TV then use bottom for the touch screen stuff
    +1
    I used a vertical touch 22" monitor for playing some 3DS games through Citra.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Can't be that far off from it not like ds requires super hardware
    @K3Nv2 I did that using Citra for 3DS games. Bottom screen was my smartphone. Until I got the touch screen.
  • SwordShielder @ SwordShielder:
    Use a TV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Citra allows it already?
    Yes.
    Ken I have that sort of set up on Drastic on Pi for games that don't require touch
    Looks nice too
    Any TV with your PC connected with Citra and any smartphone to use as a screen using a free play store app.
    +1
    Gonna look into that when I get home
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Any good 3ds smut titles psi? :creep:
    Lol I think there was some home brew
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tap to get bigger!
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/j7nOeihhqX0?si=0Krm92hxEDoEw9Je