Hacking Nintendont

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, that's exactly what I did downloaded it from first post put in Nintendont folder renamed it boot.dol and put the xml file in too it's when booting from hbc I get that error and from usb loader it's the same :(

Was using MMM as that let me load a different ios (236) which does not give the message but gets stuck on the splash page and nothing else happens resulting in me hard power off to reboot Wii. Do you need a nunchuk/pad attached when booting as I cannot think of why it's doing this ? Maybe try a older version?
Cheers

What are you using MMM for? Either launch Nintendont from the HBC or from Wii USB loader. It runs on IOS58 so trying to run it from MMM's menu with IOS236 is not going to work.

Failed to load Kernel from NAND error is in the troubleshooting section in the first post.

Post a SysCheck (in spoilers) to make sure your IOS58 is OK.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, that's exactly what I did downloaded it from first post put in Nintendont folder renamed it boot.dol and put the xml file in too it's when booting from hbc I get that error and from usb loader it's the same :(

Was using MMM as that let me load a different ios (236) which does not give the message but gets stuck on the splash page and nothing else happens resulting in me hard power off to reboot Wii. Do you need a nunchuk/pad attached when booting as I cannot think of why it's doing this ? Maybe try a older version?
Cheers
Lets also verify what version of Nintendont you are using. Please post actual version number and don't say latest.

Redfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lets also verify what version of Nintendont you are using. Please post actual version number and don't say latest.

Not sure where I find the version number for that but here's my syscheckhde report
SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.3E (v514)

Drive date: 02.13.2007
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 121430633
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: United Kingdom (110)
Boot2 v4
Found 96 titles.
Found 48 IOS on this console. 17 of them are stubs.

IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 257): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): No Patches
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS250[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65280): Stub
BC v6
MIOS v10
Report generated on 03/27/2016.

Hope that's correct found this log on the SD root As above any help on where to get version number for Nintendont I'm running?

Redfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lol just go to your homebrew channel launch nintendont directly see the top left corner version.
Hi, that's the problem I will check again now but .....
Yup as thought, sorry pedro but all I get is the Nintendont picture the error displays in red text (no version anywhere on the screen) and it reboots to hbc :(

Also, as using a ppc mac I have no way of using either of the apps (NUS or BootMII) to get ios58 so unless someone can point me to a good version I can download and then install I'm not sure how else I can obtain it as Wiixplorer on Wii does not let ya read disc.

Anyway, any further help appreciated :)

Last edited by Redfan,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi, that's the problem I will check again now but .....
Yup as thought, sorry pedro but all I get is the Nintendont picture the error displays in red text (no version anywhere on the screen) and it reboots to hbc :(

Also, as using a ppc mac I have no way of using either of the apps (NUS or BootMII) to get ios58 so unless someone can point me to a good version I can download and then install I'm not sure how else I can obtain it as Wiixplorer on Wii does not let ya read disc.

Anyway, any further help appreciated :)
lol so you cant even launch nintendont? also nintendont uses the wii/vwii stock ios58 it doesnt use the cios 58 or whatever.

maybe yu got a corrupt dol? try downloading a dol again.

Redfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lol so you cant even launch nintendont? also nintendont uses the wii/vwii stock ios58 it doesnt use the cios 58 or whatever.

maybe yu got a corrupt dol? try downloading a dol again.

How do I get a stock ios58 (so I can check this)? NUS downloader will not work in VirtualPC on my Mac the dol I have downloaded from here like 3 times already .. agghhh hair pulling time lol .. cheers :)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
How do I get a stock ios58 (so I can check this)? NUS downloader will not work in VirtualPC on my Mac the dol I have downloaded from here like 3 times already .. agghhh hair pulling time lol .. cheers :)
stock means the ios58 that comes with the console the original wich means if you didnt change it its there since you bough the console lol.

Redfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
stock means the ios58 that comes with the console the original wich means if you didnt change it its there since you bough the console lol.

I have installed ios58 from a file I did find on the net (after the advice given earlier) other than that when I did the homebrew thing I followed the HighTekGuy video from youtube and used d2x cios thing. How would I know if it's been altered or needs replacing?

Cheers

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have installed ios58 from a file I did find on the net (after the advice given earlier) other than that when I did the homebrew thing I followed the HighTekGuy video from youtube and used d2x cios thing. How would I know if it's been altered or needs replacing?

Cheers
are you on wii or wiiu btw?

Aussielad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

I recently got Nintendont running on my Wii U (cant get usb loader or wiiflow working, but that's another story). I just wanted to understand my controller options for gamecube titles and whether the existing controllers I have can be used or not without an additional purchase of a mayflash.

So the controllers I have at my disposal are:

original XBOX wired controller
2 x Wii U pro controller (genuine, wireless) and one Big Ben Wii U pro controller (3rd party, wireless) - Question about this, if they are indeed an option, do the pro controllers require a usb cable connection to the wii u directly, or can they be wireless.
xbox 360 wired controller
wii mote and nunchuck (this seems to work already, I think I have the controller installed, but I am unsure of the button mapping)
wii u gamepad

I would like to be able to play at least 3 players on some gamecube titles, but I am unsure whether I would need to purchase a mayflash and/or additional controllers. I am not sure whether a mayflash device can mix and match controllers in the same game session (ie a wired 360 controller and some other wired controller), or whether they should all be the same? It doesn't bother me whether I have to buy additional controllers, I just want to clarify my options

Any advice is appreciated

Last edited by Aussielad,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi All,

I recently got Nintendont running on my Wii U (cant get usb loader or wiiflow working, but that's another story). I just wanted to understand my controller options for gamecube titles and whether the existing controllers I have can be used or not without an additional purchase of a mayflash.

So the controllers I have at my disposal are:

original XBOX wired controller
2 x Wii U pro controller (genuine, wireless) and one Big Ben Wii U pro controller (3rd party, wireless) - Question about this, if they are indeed an option, do the pro controllers require a usb cable connection to the wii u directly, or can they be wireless.
xbox 360 wired controller
wii mote and nunchuck (this seems to work already, I think I have the controller installed, but I am unsure of the button mapping)
wii u gamepad

I would like to be able to play at least 3 players on some gamecube titles, but I am unsure whether I would need to purchase a mayflash and/or additional controllers. I am not sure whether a mayflash device can mix and match controllers in the same game session (ie a wired 360 controller and some other wired controller), or whether they should all be the same? It doesn't bother me whether I have to buy additional controllers, I just want to clarify my options

Any advice is appreciated
the official wiiu pros work fine wirelessly, just click any buttonw hen ingame or on nintendont menu and they will sync in.

the third party one might work or not its a matter of trying since 3rd partys/fake are very inconstante.

nuncuck and wiimote do work altough its button mapping is very bad for games that use all the buttons due to lack of buttons.

No xbox controllers will work without an adapter, since xbox controllers arent hid so yeah they dont work on nintendont.

Wiiu gamepad wont work at all.

So imidiately you can do 3 players with 2 offcial wiiu pros and wiimote+nunchuk these work right off the bat no adapters needed.

the 3rd party wiiupro might work or not try it i guess.

Xbox controllers need adapters.

If you really want an advice i sugest getting the wiiu gc adapter and getting some gc controllers, you cant beat using gc controllers for nintendont xD.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The IOS58 in your SysCheck is the latest version. Do you have any modifications made to your HBC like a custom theme?

Redfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The IOS58 in your SysCheck is the latest version. Do you have any modifications made to your HBC like a custom theme?

Nope no modification to hbc. However to update Nintendont is now running after I installed ios58 installer from wiiBrew though oddly that reported it had failed to install .. hmm

Now it's working the first thing I did was run a game and no matter which I run I now hit an Error 13 (intialise device I think it said) then it turns off my Wii), don't suppose you know what this could mean or what I need to do?
The gamecube files are on my FAT32 usb drive that also has my wii games on (which work great under usb loader gx

Many thanks

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope no modification to hbc. However to update Nintendont is now running after I installed ios58 installer from wiiBrew though oddly that reported it had failed to install .. hmm

Now it's working the first thing I did was run a game and no matter which I run I now hit an Error 13 (intialise device I think it said) then it turns off my Wii), don't suppose you know what this could mean or what I need to do?
The gamecube files are on my FAT32 usb drive that also has my wii games on (which work great under usb loader gx

Many thanks

Yep. Go read the troubleshooting section. :) You probably used IOS58_Installer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag