Hacking Nintendont

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey all again, i already know this doesn't belong in this section but i don't really know how to find the correct section on this website (this one here i have to have bookmarked or else i wouldn't even know how to get back in here lol) Anyways i'm pretty sure some smart person here will know or at the very least can point in me in the right direction. Ok i did the stupid choice of getting the 8gb white console simply to save $20. It has absolutely FUCK ALL storage capacity on it. I already soft-modded the Virtual Wii and installed the homebrew channel and have a 500gb external drive connected to it for my Wii games and also for all my media as one of the programs i have installed is WiiMC (Wii Media Centre) The problem now is the other day i bought from the Eshop a copy of Bayonetta 2 and it wasn't until i put a thumb drive in i found out you can only have 1 external drive. I've tried everything - googling to see if there is a hack that will allow me to have 2 but nothing there and also googling to see if there was maybe some way i could partition a section of my external HD that the Wii U would recognise for space but the clever pricks who designed it have made that impossible. I'm now stuck with simply no space to download Bayonetta 2... some help would be appreciated.

:blink: , anyway you could start by just typing in gbatemp.net in the address barr of your browser and from there goto the wii u section of the forum and make a new post, or search in the threads.

And you are right, this is not the thread for the problem you have, hopefully though someone will point you in the right direction or help you..

EDIT: this is prolly a good place to start > http://gbatemp.net/forums/wii-u-console-accessories-and-hardware.247/
Or this one > http://gbatemp.net/forums/wii-u-hacking-homebrew.248/

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all again, i already know this doesn't belong in this section but i don't really know how to find the correct section on this website (this one here i have to have bookmarked or else i wouldn't even know how to get back in here lol) Anyways i'm pretty sure some smart person here will know or at the very least can point in me in the right direction. Ok i did the stupid choice of getting the 8gb white console simply to save $20. It has absolutely FUCK ALL storage capacity on it. I already soft-modded the Virtual Wii and installed the homebrew channel and have a 500gb external drive connected to it for my Wii games and also for all my media as one of the programs i have installed is WiiMC (Wii Media Centre) The problem now is the other day i bought from the Eshop a copy of Bayonetta 2 and it wasn't until i put a thumb drive in i found out you can only have 1 external drive. I've tried everything - googling to see if there is a hack that will allow me to have 2 but nothing there and also googling to see if there was maybe some way i could partition a section of my external HD that the Wii U would recognise for space but the clever pricks who designed it have made that impossible. I'm now stuck with simply no space to download Bayonetta 2... some help would be appreciated.

I think you masturbated too hard...

Reactions: Etheboss
D

Deleted-353083

He is referring to your Nickname... i thought it was funny.

Thank you :D I like to make people laugh :) Not to mention people who have a sense of humour... some sites you can't say poo without the goody goody two shoes admins acting like they're ya friggen mother! lol

DeezTits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought it for SSB but pleasently surprised to see it works for Nintendont. Works incredibly well for me too. No lag with a wired controller (My wavebird is buggy, so I can't rely on testing for it) Trust, it's the closest on a Wii U you'll get to gamecube atm without actually getting a damn gamecube or using a normal wii. Just a real delight to play with the proper controller.

Thanks for the 411. I'm 100% sold on the adapter. As soon as they're back in stock. :glare:

D

Deleted-353083

Thanks for the 411. I'm 100% sold on the adapter. As soon as they're back in stock. :glare:

I'm pretty sure i read an article somewhere that Nintendo has announced they are discontinuing them. Not sure, can't find it on google anymore but i know i read it. They said demand was just too high.

DeezTits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just getting started setting up homebrew and backup loading on my Wii U. I don't need a drive for Wii U games yet, but I eventually might. Should I assume for now that multi-drive configs will be supported eventually, or should I start shopping for a ginormous and expensive SD card?

DeezTits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just getting started setting up homebrew and backup loading on my Wii U. I don't need a drive for Wii U games yet, but I eventually might. Should I assume for now that multi-drive configs will be supported eventually, or should I start shopping for a ginormous and expensive SD card?

Simply from my own personal experience - results may vary - I tried the 250+GB external USB HDD options. Don't get me wrong, it'll work. But you have to have an external power source. And sometimes the HDD will go to into sleep mode on you mid-game. I went the SD card route for a few reasons: Better transfer speeds (class 10), no need for an external power source, readily available ALWAYS, and easily transportable (just keep it in the Wii/U). I got the PNY 256GB SD card. Love it. I have absolutely EVERYthing on there.

Also, I paid $99 for my PNY 256GB SD card. TigerDirect. Not sure if they have the same deal. Orig price was $120, I think.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: DeezTits

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simply from my own personal experience - results may vary - I tried the 250+GB external USB HDD options. Don't get me wrong, it'll work. But you have to have an external power source. And sometimes the HDD will go to into sleep mode on you mid-game. I went the SD card route for a few reasons: Better transfer speeds (class 10), no need for an external power source, readily available ALWAYS, and easily transportable (just keep it in the Wii/U). I got the PNY 256GB SD card. Love it. I have absolutely EVERYthing on there.

Also, I paid $99 for my PNY 256GB SD card. TigerDirect. Not sure if they have the same deal. Orig price was $120, I think.
Yeah, I know the pros and cons of each, as it currently stands (thanks though). I already have an external drive for my Wii games. There's room enough left over on it for all of my GC games. Ideally, I'd just as soon use what I've already got. For now, that's not a problem. But if I end up needing a drive for Wii U games, I'd rather not have to give my console the reacharound whenever I want to switch between Wii U and Wii/GC games. If it's expected that we'll eventually get support for having two drives connected, then I'm good. I can wait for it. Otherwise, I'd rather put all my GC stuff on SD to begin with, instead of moving it later.

Reactions: Deleted-353083

DeezTits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I know the pros and cons of each, as it currently stands (thanks though). I already have an external drive for my Wii games. There's room enough left over on it for all of my GC games. Ideally, I'd just as soon use what I've already got. For now, that's not a problem. But if I end up needing a drive for Wii U games, I'd rather not have to give my console the reacharound whenever I want to switch between Wii U and Wii/GC games. If it's expected that we'll eventually get support for having two drives connected, then I'm good. I can wait for it. Otherwise, I'd rather put all my GC stuff on SD to begin with, instead of moving it later.

You're making things entirely too difficult for yourself. Good luck with your future endeavors.

TheChield

Ugly Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I tried to update and build nintendon't by myself (as I did before), but I now have errors...
It seems that the problem comes from a lib I don't have in my environment...
Here are the errors (I have cleaned up the log and save only the errors...)
Code:
DI.c: In function 'DIUpdateRegisters':
DI.c:406:6: warning: implicit declaration of function '__builtin_bswap16' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
Patch.c: In function 'PatchProcessorInterface':
Patch.c:674:19: warning: 'sPtr' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
lwbt/hci.c: In function 'hci_write_page_timeout':
lwbt/hci.c:440:2: warning: implicit declaration of function '__builtin_bswap16'[-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
lwbt/l2cap.c: In function 'l2cap_process_sig':
lwbt/l2cap.c:281:5: warning: implicit declaration of function '__builtin_bswap16' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
lwbt/physbusif.c: In function '__usb_control_message':
lwbt/physbusif.c:70:2: warning: implicit declaration of function '__builtin_bswap16' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
BT.c: In function 'BTHandleData':
BT.c:85:4: warning: implicit declaration of function '__builtin_bswap16' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
DI.o: In function `DIUpdateRegisters':
C:\devkitPro\msys\home\lol\Loaders\nintendon-t\kernel/DI.c:406: undefined reference to `__builtin_bswap16'
lwbt/hci.o: In function `hci_write_page_timeout':
C:\devkitPro\msys\home\lol\Loaders\nintendon-t\kernel/lwbt/hci.c:440: undefined reference to `__builtin_bswap16'
lwbt/hci.o: In function `hci_write_link_policy_settings':
C:\devkitPro\msys\home\lol\Loaders\nintendon-t\kernel/lwbt/hci.c:824: undefined reference to `__builtin_bswap16'
C:\devkitPro\msys\home\lol\Loaders\nintendon-t\kernel/lwbt/hci.c:825: undefined reference to `__builtin_bswap16'
lwbt/hci.o: In function `hci_disconnect':
C:\devkitPro\msys\home\lol\Loaders\nintendon-t\kernel/lwbt/hci.c:914: undefined reference to `__builtin_bswap16'
lwbt/hci.o:C:\devkitPro\msys\home\lol\Loaders\nintendon-t\kernel/lwbt/hci.c:
1062: more undefined references to `__builtin_bswap16' follow
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [kernel.elf] Error 1
c:/devkitPro/msys/home/lol/Loaders/nintendon-t/loader/source/main.c:54:24: fatal error: kernel_bin.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2
Where is "__builtin_bswap16" defined ?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I tried to update and build nintendon't by myself (as I did before), but I now have errors...
It seems that the problem comes from a lib I don't have in my environment...
Here are the errors (I have cleaned up the log and save only the errors...)
Code:
DI.c: In function 'DIUpdateRegisters':
DI.c:406:6: warning: implicit declaration of function '__builtin_bswap16' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
Patch.c: In function 'PatchProcessorInterface':
Patch.c:674:19: warning: 'sPtr' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
lwbt/hci.c: In function 'hci_write_page_timeout':
lwbt/hci.c:440:2: warning: implicit declaration of function '__builtin_bswap16'[-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
lwbt/l2cap.c: In function 'l2cap_process_sig':
lwbt/l2cap.c:281:5: warning: implicit declaration of function '__builtin_bswap16' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
lwbt/physbusif.c: In function '__usb_control_message':
lwbt/physbusif.c:70:2: warning: implicit declaration of function '__builtin_bswap16' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
BT.c: In function 'BTHandleData':
BT.c:85:4: warning: implicit declaration of function '__builtin_bswap16' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
DI.o: In function `DIUpdateRegisters':
C:\devkitPro\msys\home\lol\Loaders\nintendon-t\kernel/DI.c:406: undefined reference to `__builtin_bswap16'
lwbt/hci.o: In function `hci_write_page_timeout':
C:\devkitPro\msys\home\lol\Loaders\nintendon-t\kernel/lwbt/hci.c:440: undefined reference to `__builtin_bswap16'
lwbt/hci.o: In function `hci_write_link_policy_settings':
C:\devkitPro\msys\home\lol\Loaders\nintendon-t\kernel/lwbt/hci.c:824: undefined reference to `__builtin_bswap16'
C:\devkitPro\msys\home\lol\Loaders\nintendon-t\kernel/lwbt/hci.c:825: undefined reference to `__builtin_bswap16'
lwbt/hci.o: In function `hci_disconnect':
C:\devkitPro\msys\home\lol\Loaders\nintendon-t\kernel/lwbt/hci.c:914: undefined reference to `__builtin_bswap16'
lwbt/hci.o:C:\devkitPro\msys\home\lol\Loaders\nintendon-t\kernel/lwbt/hci.c:
1062: more undefined references to `__builtin_bswap16' follow
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [kernel.elf] Error 1
c:/devkitPro/msys/home/lol/Loaders/nintendon-t/loader/source/main.c:54:24: fatal error: kernel_bin.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2
Where is "__builtin_bswap16" defined ?
It's part of GCC. Run devkitProUpdater and make sure everything is up to date.

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're making things entirely too difficult for yourself. Good luck with your future endeavors.
That's exactly what I'm trying not to do. I want to keep things simple, but the two drives issue complicates things. Period. Swapping drives constantly makes things harder than they need to be. Moving loads of GC games later on to avoid that makes it harder than it needs to be. The only easy options are:
1: Put the GC stuff on SD now rather than later.
2: Wait for two drive support.
Those are both easy.

TheChield

Ugly Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's part of GCC. Run devkitProUpdater and make sure everything is up to date.
Compilation before r234 works, but nothing after r234
GCC is the compiler... My errors are related to something that is missing.
I have never updated devkitpro in 3 years. After my last update, nothing can be compiled any more so I revert to the last functional build (it deleted my portlibs and all my own homebrews etc...)
I'll check later why my env seems broken after r234...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, prove it
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it