Hacking Nintendont

TehJungelBewk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, would anyone happen to know how to fix speed issues? Rocket Power: Beach Bandits seems to run at 1.5x speed, and I don't know how to lower it. Ive tried multiple different things, getting a different ISO, dumping my own, ect.

grifterb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does using NTSC games on a PAL wii cause any extra problems? I read that PAL games on NTSC Wii U can cause some problems. I know that Wii is region locked but is it a major problem? I have been collecting an archive to test when I get home to my wii, and all games I gathered are NTSC titles, while I use a PAL console. What do you guys say?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Does using NTSC games on a PAL wii cause any extra problems? I read that PAL games on NTSC Wii U can cause some problems. I know that Wii is region locked but is it a major problem? I have been collecting an archive to test when I get home to my wii, and all games I gathered are NTSC titles, while I use a PAL console. What do you guys say?
nope i use a pal wii and pal tv and all my games are ntsc.

MuffinAlibaba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Two questions: Is it safe to run an USA (NTSC) version of a game trough Nintendont on an european Wii U? And if I already have Nintendont on my SD card, if I want to store an ISO on an usb drive, do I need to install Nintendont on it again or is just the game folder ok?

Edit: Nvm the first question, just read the above comments.

TehJungelBewk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two questions: Is it safe to run an USA (NTSC) version of a game trough Nintendont on an european Wii U? And if I already have Nintendont on my SD card, if I want to store an ISO on an usb drive, do I need to install Nintendont on it again or is just the game folder ok?

Haha, I was about to say, but then I refreshed. ;D Hope someone is able to solve my conundrum.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

not sure about this but if you want isos to be on usb why not run everything from usb and no need for an SD at all? apps work perfectly on usb devices too, nintendont cant mount sd and usb at the same time so you cant have isos on sd and on usb to appear on the same time on the game list.

MuffinAlibaba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
not sure about this but if you want isos to be on usb why not run everything from usb and no need for an SD at all? apps work perfectly on usb devices too, nintendont cant mount sd and usb at the same time so you cant have isos on sd and on usb to appear on the same time on the game list.
Yeah, it doesn't matter much, I just don't feel like moving my files because my computer is really slow.

rise_against

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
quick question guys. i have a retro wii with gc ports and im using a real memory card. is there any problem in sabing progress form a JAP game along with USA and EUR? i saved games from USA and EUR on the same card with no issues but i want to be sure JAPs are ok as well. thanks

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
quick question guys. i have a retro wii with gc ports and im using a real memory card. is there any problem in sabing progress form a JAP game along with USA and EUR? i saved games from USA and EUR on the same card with no issues but i want to be sure JAPs are ok as well. thanks

No you need a separate memory card for Japanese saves.

Gettwobirdsstone

Triforce Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I just updated nintendont, and now it's saying this version cannot run games from usb. Was working perfectly before, is there something I'm missing. Tried placing the nintendont folder on the same usb, I usually have it on my sd. Also I'm using the OG wii.

TomLube

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone else have issues with the analog shoulder buttons registering incorrectly? Didn't have an issue before and now Nintendont isn't working on my original launch day Wii with Wavebird or regular controllers. :/

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it safe to run an USA (NTSC) version of a game trough Nintendont on an european Wii U?
Yes.

if I already have Nintendont on my SD card, if I want to store an ISO on an usb drive, do I need to install Nintendont on it again or is just the game folder ok?

You can run the iso from USB while keep Nintendont on the SD or vice versa, it doesn't matter, though personally I keep a copy here and there just to be safe!

Got another question: can you safely run Triforce Arcade ISOs via nintendont? (Example: Mario Kart Arcade GP)
Yes.

ennahh76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I just updated nintendont, and now it's saying this version cannot run games from usb. Was working perfectly before, is there something I'm missing. Tried placing the nintendont folder on the same usb, I usually have it on my sd. Also I'm using the OG wii.

I am assuming by that error you are using USB loader gx. They changed something in nintendont and now USB loader GX no longer recognises what version you have. You need to update your loader to rev 1233 and all should be well. Irs something to do with recognising date issues and version numbers. I forgot what it recognises now but they changed USB loader to recognise the new method. I hope this helps

anab0lic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, having some trouble getting this thing working and not exactly sure what I am doing wrong?

Ive Just got the homebrew channel set up, but when i load it up there is just the water background and no apps to load?

Right now i have plugged into the front of my Wii U an SD card adapter + 2 gb micro SD i used to load the homebrew on with the folowing on it:

boot.elf
installer.txt
private/wii/app/RSBP/st/st_smashStackPK

And also have in the usb slot a 32 gb micro sd with the following:

games/gamename/gamename.iso

Am I missing something here?

This is all running on Pal console if that makes any difference....

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys, having some trouble getting this thing working and not exactly sure what I am doing wrong?

Ive Just got the homebrew channel set up, but when i load it up there is just the water background and no apps to load?

Right now i have plugged into the front of my Wii U an SD card adapter + 2 gb micro SD i used to load the homebrew on with the folowing on it:

boot.elf
installer.txt
private/wii/app/RSBP/st/st_smashStackPK

And also have in the usb slot a 32 gb micro sd with the following:

games/gamename/gamename.iso

Am I missing something here?

This is all running on Pal console if that makes any difference....

Yeah, you are using the wrong name for the ISO, i suggest you read the first page of this thread. Every aspect of installing/using Nintendont is explained there.

anab0lic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
alright ignore the above post... got it working! was using a guide from another site which misses out some of the steps in the Op -_-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1