AkiraCast

Former professional QA tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multi-HID and PSO 1 & 2
VS
All the library of Audio Streaming games.

22x9o3.png

NEXT FIGHT:
NINTENDONT VS. DEVOLUTION

Ah yus! Nintendont is our saviour! (the wonderful people working on it haha) Hail!

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually I think the version in Sonic Gems Collection of Sonic CD is a port of the PC version and not the Sega CD one.
You can tell by the opening FMV which was only in the PC version with that quality.
+1 for Sonic Gems.
I'm fully aware of that, I'm not sure why many don't like the PC version I liked it better!

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
What's the difference?
For a starter the opening cutscene is more complete and all cutscsnes are high quality, also the PC version has the spindash sound bug fixed, and this is a personal thing but the Gesm Collection version has a pause menu!

Guess I'll keep on using Devo for this game till a better fix comes out, I'm fine with that for the time being till a proper fix comes out!

Anyway I just wanted to throw this out, I tested Crash Bandicoot and the game runs fine now, not sped up, also Virtua Striker 2002 works flawlessly, I did notice that loading save data now takes a split second longer, not sure what's causing that but it's a tiny price for having audio streaming!

Because besides Sonic CD, it also has Sonic Fighters and Sonic R, which to my knowledge are not currently playable in the Wii...
Well Sonic R is playable, but with low framerate in Yabause Wii.
Both games work fine with Nintendont!

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of Cortex (PAL) - Doesn't Work, freezes at "loading" screen. (2.146 - Normal Wii)

something is wrong with your iso. I checked the ntsc version and someone checked the pal already

Edit: the pal version was checked on page 591 and reported working perfectly

Thanks for the Audio Streaming, Fix94. I played Crash Bandicoot, and while some of it sounded quiet, I could hear the music and everything.
I noticed this too but I simply turned up my tv and it sounded perfectly

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
FIX94 Can you perhaps explain how you managed to get streaming audio working? Afterall that was something declared impossible by some respected devs back in the day apparently because of being a hardware issue.

Txustra

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
something is wrong with your iso. I checked the ntsc version and someone checked the pal already

Edit: the pal version was checked on page 591 and reported working perfectly

I noticed this too but I simply turned up my tv and it sounded perfectly

Ok I've tried again with 1:1 iso and it worked, but the image does not show correctly cause the its cut at the bottom edge, causing many letters that are not shown.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
The PC/GC Sonic CD is the better version, it's smooth and never slows down, unlike the Sega CD version. I can't see anyone going back to the original version after playing the GC one.

A splash screen is something that would be nice indeed.
Am I the only one that thinks splash screens are unnecessary? cIOS or anything else for that matter don't have one, and I don't need something telling me I'm using "insert-tacky-hb-name-here" whenever I load them games. One could even have a USB loader show the image+animation, instead of forcing it on every user.

Reactions: sonictopfan

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 Can you perhaps explain how you managed to get streaming audio working? Afterall that was something declared impossible by some respected devs back in the day apparently because of being a hardware issue.

I'm curious about that too, since Dios Mios never had it. Also, how should I test these games more effectively?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Fair enough, I don't compress/shrink them (as I ripped them from USB Loader GX), so that part should be fine. So just play them for a while? Gotcha.

I recommend playing for at least an hour each one of them to be sure, and try to be a all over the place, try different options, different missions, gameplay mechanics, mini-games, etc.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok