Hacking Nintendont

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Has anyone tried to run any of the Medal of Honor games with the latest build?
I can't test those right now because my internet connection sucks badly where I am at the moment.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
No, loaders have to write a nincfg.bin file on the SD or USB device before launching Nintendont, for settings changed via the loader to work (which basically overwrites any settings you might make if you boot Nintendont from the HBC and change settings there).

That isn't ideal
All WiiFlow plug-ins accepts parameters
Dios Mios/Devolution accept parameters
Why we have to read/write a file to just launch a game may be for once? (autoboot should be used for other purposes)
wasting time and wear and tear comes to mind thought they should be minimal.

Although I would agree if it isn't easy to code, stability and game compatibility come first

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
memory card emu turned on and all my games are GReEXE converted with bios/font.bin on root and both games play fine from what i tried.
and sorry i dont no the regions or DSP versions (i dont report anything NOT working for me as it could be a problem my end) just thought ide point that out

Oak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did this earlier, the result is the same of picture 05, Mario holds both fludd arms and can't walk, no water going out fludd no matter how much the analog buttons are pressed... i also have a DualShock 4 and the behavior was the same using another controller.ini, the only exception was rumble is working with DS3 but not with DS4.

I am able to boot several games without having to alter any settings. I am using the latest version of USBLoaderGX. In Nintendont, all of the options are set to OFF. I only configure the MCEmu to ON in USBLoaderGX. Everything works fine from there.

GC_WiiU-610x610.jpg

Wow, if this actually works with Nintendont, we will have much more traffic to this thread :D
I really, really, really, really, really, hope this works. We might even have Bluetooth variant later and I hope Nintendont will support Bluetooth by then.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That isn't ideal
All WiiFlow plug-ins accepts parameters
Dios Mios/Devolution accept parameters
Why we have to read/write a file to just launch a game may be for once? (autoboot should be used for other purposes)
wasting time and wear and tear comes to mind thought they should be minimal.

Although I would agree if it isn't easy to code, stability and game compatibility come first

The nincfg.bin is created by nintendont whether you run it from HBC or from a loader; it's the same as any other settings.ini file used in whatever software you can think of. It stores the settings for nintendont, and it's modified directly from the app itself. I don't know what you think autoboot does but it simply tells nintendont to skip the file list and go on to boot the game that was told to boot. Otherwise you'd be choosing a game from your usb loader, just to choose it again in nintendont's own list.

skihji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any way i can help get some more games compatible with nintendont? or is it all up to the dev? i really am looking forward to to this project! :)

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
is there any way i can help get some more games compatible with nintendont? or is it all up to the dev? i really am looking forward to to this project! :)

if you can program then im sure your welcome to help out the devs. or if not then test out games to help us get the compatability up to date

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible for nintendont to delete the autoboot setting just before the game is launched?

i think that would solve all the qualms people are concerned with. i know nothing about how to program this into it.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
is it possible for nintendont to delete the autoboot setting just before the game is launched?

i think that would solve all the qualms people are concerned with. i know nothing about how to program this into it.

If it did that, then loaders wouldn't be able to auto-launch games anymore, and force the user to pick the game for a second time, thus making it completely pointless..Or am I misunderstanding what you're asking for?

c3pu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GC_WiiU-610x610.jpg

Wow, if this actually works with Nintendont, we will have much more traffic to this thread :D
I really, really, really, really, really, hope this works. We might even have Bluetooth variant later and I hope Nintendont will support Bluetooth by then.
We need support for this fuck PlayStation 2/3/4 controller support:nayps3:. THIS needs to be supported:bow: . wiiu smiley approves:yayu:.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Stop with the Auto-boot thing.
It won't be removed from Nintendon't

Is it really too hard to just press the button B to stop the autoboot when you open Nintendon't?
SERIOUSLY?
I call laziness... The devs should not even bother reading that. They have much more things to work on that are indeed important to work on.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Has anyone tried to run any of the Medal of Honor games with the latest build?
I can't test those right now because my internet connection sucks badly where I am at the moment.

i tryed them, 2 of them black screen still and rising sun freezes after the nintendo logo, same with alll 007 games not working they must share the same patch problem or something.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
im still completely fuckin clueless as to why you want the autoboot to auto turn off after its loaded a game............. = no working autoboot?? i dont get it lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I live maybe 3 minutes from a Dairy Queen, so I would just go there for ice cream anything anyways. I usually get the Oreo Blizzard, or a Peanut Buster Parfait.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats a dairy queen?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ice cream shop
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, mmmm ice cream
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremums a dairy queen
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: