Hacking Nintendont

Anndraz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Who has been able to use cheat codes in games with Nintendon't?
I read that some of you used the "Unlock everything" cheat for Smash Bros Melee to have everything available from the start, but I can't figure out how to use cheat codes yet.

Where do I put the codes, what format should they go (txt file or what is it), and can I enable them from the normal Nintendon't app or through a loader like Wiiflow?

All you need is a save game;
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gamecube/516492-super-smash-bros-melee/saves

TheChield

Ugly Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am not saying I am bad.
I completed Smash Bros Melee 100% (all trophies and such) in my original NGC, and by NO Means I will go through all the pain it is to do that again.
Besides, there are some option in cheat codes that allow the game to be played differently or with some funny twist, so I want to do it for the lulz.
So become a Nintendo dev :D

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So, with an adapter it works on the Wii U or on the Wii or on both or what? Basically, my primary interest is for using the Wii U Pro controller in Brawl. It's just too damn comfortable of a controller imo.

No you can't use it, Nintendont is the only app that support it in vWii and Wii, to make the pro controller with adapter work with SSBB it need to be configurated, I don't know how, but I don't think it is easy, it might be with a cheat, but I'm not sure.

StanDaMan809

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan, this is my nloader.log. Do I change anything?
Hey, so in my nloader.log, it shows this:
Built : May 3 2014 12:33:01
Version : 1.21
Firmware: 58.25.32
TMDSize: 1168
BootIndex:18
Kernel: "/shared1/00000031.app"
KernelSize:168512
LoaderSize:00000594
PHeaders:15
PHOffset:52
(Miscellaneous Controller things you don't need to see)
Found HWAccess_ES at 00028F28
Using usb:/saves/GM4E.raw as Memory Card

And this is my gameconfig.txt
RSB?01:
codeliststart = 80570000
codelistend = 80580000
hook type = 7
poke(800042B8, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E9930, 4BFECA1D, 803E9930, 6000000)
pokeifequal(803E99A8, 4BFECA1D, 803E88A8, 6000000)
pokeifequal(803E9D5C, 4BFECA1D, 803E8D5C, 6000000)

Since it works on my Wii U, I figure that I could try to make it work on my Wii.

EDIT: After looking, there is no shared1 folder, perhaps this may be the problem? If so, how do I fix this?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the "shared1" folder is inside your Wii. I told you the kernel is what's inside your Wii.
You have it, or else the Wii wouldn't boot.

You have nothing wrong on the few log you displayed.
gameconfig.txt is not used.

the crash is a known issue.
read the last few pages, everyone had it if launched from a loader instead of HBC.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
has anyone actually tested this new version with UStealth? I have the suspicion that while the changes may have fixed something in the kernel, the loader is still broken so the games won't show up to choose them and the nincfg.bin file won't be found either if on USB so autoboot from USB might only work if you also have an SD card in. Otherwise it wouldn't matter if your backup loader can read a ustealth drive or not. I'll have to see if I can find time to confirm this later today.

EDIT: any my patch to fix THAT part had been lost with the old googlecode page. If my test proves me right, I'll have to see if I can find time to redo AND test that this time.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
FINALLY got cheat codes working on Nintendon't after a lot of tries.
I used Mario Kart Double Dash as the guinea pig, but this will work for other games too.

Ok so let's take Super Smash bros Melee as an example, which has GameID set for GALE01 (NTSC-U)
You should open Nintendon't from Homebrew Channel and NOT from a loader for this to work.
Your game path should be as follows:
SD/USB: /games/GALE01/game.iso

Now, inside that very same folder you should add the following file:
SD/USB: /games/GALE01/GALE01.gct
If you don't know how to create a GCT file out of Txt Codes, go to the following website:
http://geckocodes.org/index.php?gct=

In TitleID write the Game ID of the game (for Smash Bros Melee is GALE01) and then in the text box below it write down the codes you want the GCT file to have.
Remember that ALL the codes that you include in the GCT file will be the ones activated in-game. ALL OF THEM!

Once you have created your GCT file, put it in the path I specified before.
Now open the Nintendon't app from the Homebrew Channel, select your device (SD/USB) and press B to go to the Settings and Enable Ocarina.
Press B again to close Settings and now load up your game.
The cheat codes should be enabled by now. :)

Hope this helps. If this can be added to the first post, that would be great so other people do not have further problems with it.

PS: I tried using the following folder name "Super Smash Bros. Melee [GALE01]" to see if the cheat codes would run, but no luck.
The only way the codes will run is if the folder of the game is named by its TitleID, only /GALE01
PS-2: Also, I haven't tried getting codes to work via Wiiflow/USB Loader. I know Wiiflow downloads the txt file to enable the cheat codes inside the app, but I don't know if Wiiflow generates the GCT file somehow. I will post an update once I get cheats working with USB loader apps.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
has anyone actually tested this new version with UStealth? I have the suspicion that while the changes may have fixed something in the kernel, the loader is still broken so the games won't show up to choose them and the nincfg.bin file won't be found either if on USB so autoboot from USB might only work if you also have an SD card in. Otherwise it wouldn't matter if your backup loader can read a ustealth drive or not. I'll have to see if I can find time to confirm this later today.

EDIT: any my patch to fix THAT part had been lost with the old googlecode page. If my test proves me right, I'll have to see if I can find time to redo AND test that this time.

maxternal isnt this your patch ?
Code:
--- trunk/loader/source/main.c
+++ trunk/loader/source/main.c
@@ -63,14 +63,70 @@
     0x48, 0x03, 0x49, 0x04, 0x47, 0x78, 0x46, 0xC0, 0xE6, 0x00, 0x08, 0x70, 0xE1, 0x2F, 0xFF, 0x1E, 
     0x10, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00, 
 };
+
 static const unsigned char FSAccessPattern[] =
 {
     0x9B, 0x05, 0x40, 0x03, 0x99, 0x05, 0x42, 0x8B, 
 };
+
 static const unsigned char FSAccessPatch[] =
 {
     0x9B, 0x05, 0x40, 0x03, 0x1C, 0x0B, 0x42, 0x8B, 
 };
+
+typedef struct _PR 
+{
+    u8 state;                            
+    u8 chs_st[3];                        
+    u8 type;                              
+    u8 chs_e[3];                         
+    u32 lba;                         
+    u32 bc;                       
+} __attribute__((__packed__)) _pr;
+
+typedef struct _MBR
+{
+    u8 ca[446];               
+    _pr part[4]; 
+    u16 sig;                       
+} __attribute__((__packed__)) _mbr;
+
+FILE mountAll()
+{bool KernelFound = false;
+FILE *f = NULL;
+int retry = 0;
+
+while(retry < 10)
+{if(__io_usbstorage.startup() && __io_usbstorage.isInserted())
+break;
+retry++;
+usleep(150000);
+}
+
+if(retry < 10)
+{_mbr mbr;
+char buffer[4096];
+
+__io_usbstorage.readSectors(0, 1, &mbr);
+
+if(mbr.part[1].type != 0)
+{__io_usbstorage.readSectors(le32(mbr.part[1].lba), 1, buffer);
+
+if((*((u16*)(buffer + 0x1FE)) == 0x55AA) || (*((u16*)(buffer + 0x1FE)) == 0x55AB))
+{if(memcmp(buffer + 0x36, "FAT", 3) == 0 || memcmp(buffer + 0x52, "FAT", 3) == 0)
+{fatMount("usb", &__io_usbstorage, le32(mbr.part[1].lba), 8, 64);
+f = fopen("usb:/nincfg.bin", "rb+");
+}
+}
+}
+}
+
+if(__io_wiisd.startup() || !__io_wiisd.isInserted())
+if(fatMount("sd", &__io_wiisd, 0, 8, 64))
+f = fopen("sd:/nincfg.bin", "rb+");
+
+return f;
+}

s32 __IOS_LoadStartupIOS(void)
 {
@@ -146,7 +202,7 @@
 }
 }

-fatInitDefault();
+cfg = mountAll();

if( IsWiiU() )
 {
@@ -156,7 +212,10 @@
 }

// Simple code to autoupdate the meta.xml in Nintendont's folder
-    FILE *meta = fopen("meta.xml", "w");
+    FILE *meta = fopen("sd:/apps/nintendont/meta.xml", "w");
+    if(meta == NULL)
+     meta = fopen("usb:/apps/nintendont/meta.xml", "w");
+// to do: this would be most effective based on argv[0]
     if(meta != NULL)
 {
 fprintf(meta, "%s\r\n<app version=\"1\">\r\n\t<name>%s</name>\r\n", META_XML, META_NAME);
@@ -170,7 +229,6 @@

u32 ConfigReset = 0;

-cfg = fopen("/nincfg.bin", "rb+");
 if (cfg == NULL)
 {
 ConfigReset = 1;
http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont-crediars-new-project.349258/page-271#post-4981874

Reactions: Maxternal

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think I had a copy of it.
Edit: never mind. A copy right above my post.

Reactions: Maxternal

zombieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used Mario Kart Double Dash as the guinea pig, but this will work for other games too.

Ok so let's take Super Smash bros Melee as an example, which has GameID set for GALE01 (NTSC-U)
You should open Nintendon't from Homebrew Channel and NOT from a loader for this to work.

If you don't know how to create a GCT file out of Txt Codes, go to the following website:

In TitleID write the Game ID of the game (for Smash Bros Melee is GALE01) and then in the text box below it write down the codes you want the GCT file to have.
Remember that ALL the codes that you include in the GCT file will be the ones activated in-game. ALL OF THEM!

Now open the Nintendon't app from the Homebrew Channel, select your device (SD/USB) and press B to go to the Settings and Enable Ocarina.

Hope this helps. If this can be added to the first post, that would be great so other people do not have further problems with it.

PS: I tried using the following folder name "Super Smash Bros. Melee [GALE01]" to see if the cheat codes would run, but no luck.
The only way the codes will run is if the folder of the game is named by its TitleID, only /GALE01
PS-2: Also, I haven't tried getting codes to work via Wiiflow/USB Loader. I know Wiiflow downloads the txt file to enable the cheat codes inside the app, but I don't know if Wiiflow generates the GCT file somehow. I will post an update once I get cheats working with USB loader apps.

thanks for that, i had them working before but it was

thanks for that, I had them working before but after i updated to the new version it wouldn't work anymore, i was also using usb loader gx

Edit: sorry i didn't mean to double post that my browser acting a little weird

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
thanks for that, I had them working before but after i updated to the new version it wouldn't work anymore, i was also using usb loader gx

Edit: sorry i didn't mean to double post that my browser acting a little weird

You enabled cheats through USB Loader using Nintendon't?
Would you mind sharing how did you manage to do that?
My little "tutorial" works for Nintendon't alone.

zombieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You enabled cheats through USB Loader using Nintendon't?
Would you mind sharing how did you manage to do that?
My little "tutorial" works for Nintendon't alone.

all i did was set nintendont as the loader turned on the cheat as you normally would and you had to have the kenobiwii.bin inside a folder named sneek on the root of an sd card or usb the link to the file is on the first page, but it doesn't work with version 1.23, at least i couldn't get it to work, i think the last one it worked with was version 1.21 i'm not for sure, you can try it you might be able to get it to work, but i got it to work the way you said but i used usb loader gx to create the gct file then copy it to the folder

Edit: i also forgot to mention that you had to have dios mios or dios mios lite installed too

acer1096xxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for my extreme noobiness, but my friend and I finally got Gamecube games to work on our Wii using Nintendont (we could never get DiosMios to work), but when loading up the games, the sound is all static-like and doesn't really work. Is this a known issue, or is there a workaround or something? Again, I apologize if it's really obvious, I'm just looking for a straight answer. Thanks :)

(also, do Memory Cards work? I haven't tried it yet)

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for my extreme noobiness, but my friend and I finally got Gamecube games to work on our Wii using Nintendont (we could never get DiosMios to work), but when loading up the games, the sound is all static-like and doesn't really work. Is this a known issue, or is there a workaround or something? Again, I apologize if it's really obvious, I'm just looking for a straight answer. Thanks :)

Your using version 1.0 where the sound doesn't work. Try the lastest open source version where it does.

Physical memory cards do not works. Memory card emulation works for about 95% of games.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

What games did you try out?

acer1096xxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your using version 1.0 where the sound doesn't work. Try the lastest open source version where it does.

Physical memory cards do not works. Memory card emulation works for about 95% of games.

Oh okay, thanks for the quick reply! How does memory card emulation work exactly?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh okay, thanks for the quick reply! How does memory card emulation work exactly?

Click B once you have chosen which drive to mount. Turn memory card emulation on.

It will save to a memory card created on either the usb or sd depending on whichever drive was mounted.

SunnyDelacote

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
ok im completely done, i redownloaded twice super mario sunshine from 2 different websites, but i still get error -5 and error 12 on nintendont last version on my wiiU, so i need another idea about what could it be

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Speaking of MCemu, I believe Sonic Mega Collection is one of the games that doesn't work (resulted in crash), but yeah most games do in fact work fine with it on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or maybe an Anbernic device that can emulate psp
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psps still going for $100 on ebay lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i'll consider it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    if only i can backport the game meself
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pretty sure the new flip one can do psp if you don't mind the sp design
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    resistance still has jerky gameplay on emu
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    1gb of ram probably won't help
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess i'll stick to playing helldivers 2 for awhile
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Do people still hate that game or did they fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    fix? there were fixes?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i never heard or notice any fix
  • NO111ONE @ NO111ONE:
    @Xdqwerty crashd was the exploit for LG TVs to root practically any.
    I got word of it this january and rooted my TV. Was pretty impressed.
    Since then LG patched the command to root and then the developer mode app itself from making vulnerabilities.

And then I found out that having a rooted TV lets you use PPPwn to jailbreak a PS4 on firmware 11. Finally uses for my rooted LG (I hate the playstation as such the use is gone)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @NO111ONE, Did you have a arch64 base?
  • NO111ONE @ NO111ONE:
    Honestly didn't care to even poke. The board is W18H
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a 2023 Model turned off update in the homebrew channel maybe if I restore it and run the script again but it might auto update during the process
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    play it safe, keep it off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Script keeps getting stuck at Heap grooming now
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nowadays i just keep my jailbroken ps4 for some exclusives i don't play on pc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The youtube adblocker looks nice in the homebrew channel but I pay for premium for like $4 a month under vpn lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i dont even YT much, Net flix is just another bother
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    YT music apps pointless tbh
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    playing old music mostly while browsing/going through comics at archive.org
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me doin' simple stuff
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't always need a bunch of electronics to enjoy electronics
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: