Hacking Nintendont

strai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting "This version of IOS58 is not supported" when I launch Nintendon't. I'm running Wii 4.2U, IOS58 v24.31 is installed. Homebrew channel version 1.1.0

I get this error when i autoboot USBloaderGX from priiloader and then load nintendont from the loader. Issue is resolved when i boot HBC from system menu and then load nintendont. Priiloader may be the cause

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I get this error when i autoboot USBloaderGX from priiloader and then load nintendont from the loader. Issue is resolved when i boot HBC from system menu and then load nintendont. Priiloader may be the cause

Yeah, it needs to do AHBPROT patches and priiloader doesn't give access to that (unless you're using a beta version)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you need AHBPROT patched.
you need latest IOS58 v24.32 (which most users won't have because they used IOS58_installer from Tantric, it doesn't install the last version)
HID controller works only with USB cable.
games need to be in /games/folder name/game.iso (Same as DM & DML)
It's working only (or should) with Zelda Wind Waker, if you don't see any games it's because you try different game and don't have Zelda. It's listing ONLY zelda.
Loaders can launch Nintendont (USBLoaderGX is ready, but currently the Alpha only launch one game, just launch nintendont to play zelda. I'll release USBGX later. I'm not available this weekend).
Audio is garbled in Zelda intro because there might be missing patches, other games are all garbled because only zelda is meant to be played!

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
my wii shutdown video after i try to load the iso. i can't read any info on screen after the A pressure on ZELDA (USA)....
My wii are 4.3european, i have try nintendont on normal wii.
The same roms load fine on dm(l)

WoJjTeK

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes, My Wii is New Family Edition without Backward Compatibility , System menu 4.3E , WindWaker USA ISO. Do you have exactly the same setup as me?

alcaina7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I always have the same problem:

5b6ych.jpg

Nintendont works, but he show number 6 and, when it tries to load the game, only returns a black screen, and I have to disconnect WiiU from the electricity to try again.

What can I do? Any solution?

I'm trying to load a EUR version of Zelda Wind Waker.

DRaGMaRe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Works for me on a PAL WII U, but only USA version of Wind Waker. PAL versión = Black Screen.
I use Cleanrip to get de .iso and then DiscEX for convert to a valid format for Nintendont.
My HID is TRIO LINKER V1 (PS2, GC and Dreamcast to USB) with an original GC pad.

PA.06560.001.jpg

My controller.ini works fine, is this:

[Trio Linker V1]
VID=7701
PID=0003
Polltype=1
DPAD=0
A=0,04
B=0,08
X=0,02
Y=0,01
Z=0,80
L=0,10
R=0,20
S=1,02
Left=1,80
Down=1,40
Right=1,20
Up=1,10
StickX=2
StickY=3
CStickX=4
CStickY=5
LAnalog=0
RAnalog=0

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
no way.. i can't see the verbose on my wii.. (not wiiU).. after i press A on games, wii shutdown video output...

Link Shed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my original day one Wii system menu 4.3U Nintendont loaded fine for me. The sound was muffled, but the game was working fine all the way through the intro and then it crashed. I understand that Nintendont is in its infancy, but this was a disappointment. Hopefully these problems are fixed and Nintendont turns out to be perfect, but until then im still a bit worried it will be just as Dios Mios is.

On a side note, Did Crediar ever think about doing something with the N64 since Wii64 is dead?

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the problem is the 4,3U? sounds like the quadforce error on new wii (i talka about the firts release of quadforce with freezeproblem..)
Probably boot2 wii are better of non boot2 wii...

isnooogoood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
On the Wii U, can i use a SDHC card to put my gamecube backups or does it have to be a SD card?
Or is it even possible to use a microSDHC with adapter?

Thank you for the help!

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tried it this morning and, for some reasons i get kicked back to the Wii U system menu, unfortunately it goes way too quickly to know what's the problem

Edit 1- Wait no, its just my SD card that's incompatible, tried with another SD card, it go as far as the Dolby screen and then freezes

Edit 2- Got as far as the intro then the game crashed forcing the Wii U to reboot

rg

Trophies
XP
Country
Using Neek2o i get : Loading patched kernel: -1 and it hangs

Using my regular wii nand i get the black screen saying that "an error has occurred and i need to reboot the wii..:"

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I always have the same problem:

5b6ych.jpg

Nintendont works, but he show number 6 and, when it tries to load the game, only returns a black screen, and I have to disconnect WiiU from the electricity to try again.

What can I do? Any solution?

I'm trying to load a EUR version of Zelda Wind Waker.

The included readme file has details on how to interpret that number 6 (I don't have it on hand to look it up myself ATM)
I will try the beta version. Thanks for the heads up
If you're going that route I'd recommend the hacksden edition. Joostin Online has made some additional improvements on it.

http://www.hacksden.com/showthread....th-cIOS-and-AHB-support-(looking-for-testers)
Using Neek2o i get : Loading patched kernel: -1 and it hangs

Using my regular wii nand i get the black screen saying that "an error has occurred and i need to reboot the wii..:"
Neek also uses a custom kernel so I think it can't be loaded in Neek because of that. Not sure what to say about the regular NAND error, though

Reactions: the_randomizer

DaveBlack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
YESSS finally its here....

almost got it running on the wii u with a ps3 controller... i tested the pal version of zelda....
controller is working (select button kicks u back to the wiiu main menu?!)
The only problem is... the game freezes with a black screen in the middle of the intro.... also there are some very loud sound lags lmao they scared the shit out of me...

but im really looking forward to this great app... i hope crediar can fix most of the problems... i also hope he will find a solution for nmm and resident evil :(

does anybody know about the integration into wiiflow? on the wii u the gc section is still deactivated....

flame6753

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.flame-ex.com
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Wind waker is in the SD:\games\windwaker\game.iso directory

launch nintendont but instead of the game list showing up, it is blank with the arrow pointing at nothing. And when I press A it gives me the DSI error

LOL. Nvm, I was doing it right the whole time. Windows was set to hide extensions for know file types so I named it game.iso.iso unknowingly :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1