Hacking Nintendont

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is looking like exciting stuff really, maybe the event that finally makes me install the hbc on the Wii U and put my original Wii into retirement

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
That's odd, considering a Wii U mode hack would allow us to play GC games off-screen. :P
OMG that would be ridiculous!.. a portable GC is a dream come true with the Wii U gamepad, I mean there's always THIS, which is extremely impressive in it's own right, it's a little technical powerhouse and marvel by my standards but GC through Wii U mode would trump that any day XD... well actually I gotta retract that statement cuz honestly that hardware is completely portable so +1 for GC Revo still I guess.

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There had better not be you-know-what measurements implemented

...and what if there is?

Anyway, I wonder if it's possible that this program could support BBA Emulation like is planned for Devolution, and if so, if crediar has any plans of adding that. I know that tueidj added something like Dial-up Modem Emulation for the Phantasy Star Online games, but I believe that those are the only games that you can currently go online with.

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would want this for the original Wii. I love DM but this would be great for solving audio streaming problems. I would also be able to use a gamecube controller for gamecube games. Though I'm sure a gamecube to usb adapter would work for the vWii.

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He only has the PS3 controller working via USB not Bluetooth. If you can get a classic controller to USB HID interface then it should work.

Crediar doesn't seem interested in adding Bluetooth, you could try motivating him with cash but don't be surprised if he still doesn't do it.
I'd donate to that!:yaywii:

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm honestly more excited for this than I am about WiiU mode hacking.
Wii mode hack not being releases unless another group aside from f0f releases it. Same as 3ds hack, remember that? Some want toys for themselves and for the rest of us it is all excuses for not sharing. Not to destroy your hope here. Wii U mode would give power and improve a lot of these projects. This looks great. Your mention of the hack needed to be brought back to reality;-).

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everybody,

crediar has just announced his new project: Nintendont
His aim is to devellop an app for vWii which can play Gamecube Games.

First of all the project is named "Nintendont" not "Nintendon't". So the headline of this thread is wrong. If some admin is reading this, please change the headline. I don't know how to do it.

What is Nintendont?

Nintendont is obviously not a modification of the MIOS, like DIOS MIOS (lite), because the vWii does not have a MIOS.
It is neither a emulator, because the vWii is not powerful enough to emulate GameCube games.
Nintendon't will be more like an interpreter which runs Gamecube games natively. Most likely it will work similar to Devolution, but nothing is confirmed yet. (crediar: "Well I never looked into how devo works so I can't really tell.")

What features has Nintendont?
  • It can play Gamecube games on vWii
  • It supports DualShock controller from PS3 and hopefully many other controllers (It will most likely never support Classic Controller/Wiimote - crediar: "getting wiimotes/CC to work is way too complicated")
  • It won't support Memory Card emulation. It will use NMM like DIOS MIOS
  • It will most likely support support audio streaming, what DIOS MIOS never did
    (crediar: "especially audio streaming will be much simpler this way.")
  • There will be seperate versions for loading games from sd card and from usb-drives, just like DIOS MIOS.
Will it work on regular Wii, too?

Yes. (crediar: "yes but would require an extra build for each Wii U and normal Wii.")
At start, the Wii-version won't support USB-controllers. It is planned to add the USB-support for the Wii version, but this issue has a rather low priority.

Will there be a AP-protection?

No.

How can I help?

If you have a specific controller, you want to play with, you can test those apps with your controller and let crediar know your results:

http://crediar.no-ip.com/HIDTest.rar
http://crediar.no-ip.com/HIDTestv3.rar
http://crediar.no-ip.com/HIDTestv3b.rar

You can contact crediar on Twitter: https://twitter.com/crediar

When will it be released?

Nothing confirmed yet, but crediar just released the beta version for "certain" testers. (crediar: "There probably will be a beta test, though only for certain people."
crediar: ""Certain" people should now check their emails :)")

Useful links:

https://twitter.com/crediar/status/343283694187978752

Awesome, thanks Crediar and ts. Great news:-)))

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha, I was the one that asked about testers and got the beta test reply on twitter. woo! @code_panic
So you are beta testing? I don't follow Crediar on twitter. This is exciting stuff. Progress given, shown really, beta testing:-). This is great dev work. I only wish Sneek would be released:-(

I am ignorant: mark hoppas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all