Hacking Nintendont

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iv'e tested Mario Kart GP on 2.187 from USB and SD now, it does not boot for me at least ever.
Tried Wiiflow/USBGX and straight Nintendont from HBC, just never boots for me.... hmm

Only difference is I'm on a PAL Wii U, maybe it's that but I dunno haha

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Iv'e tested Mario Kart GP on 2.187 from USB and SD now, it does not boot for me at least ever.
Tried Wiiflow/USBGX and straight Nintendont from HBC, just never boots for me.... hmm
did it ever botted before? there are some isos of it bad around the web my iso is 336mb just to see if you want some comparisons or something.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did it ever botted before? there are some isos of it bad around the web my iso is 336mb just to see if you want some comparisons or something.

Hmm perhaps, mine is 336mb also
I haven't tried it before this rev at all, so I dunno.
Maybe I should try the one it's listed with on Compat list.

Just tried v2.184 like it says on the Wiki abd I get the same issue, so maybe it's a ISO issue.

Reactions: darkseekerliu

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmm perhaps, mine is 336mb also
I haven't tried it before this rev at all, so I dunno.
Maybe I should try the one it's listed with on Compat list.

Just tried v2.184 like it says on the Wiki abd I get the same issue, so maybe it's a ISO issue.

Mine does not work as well. Fix said to try it until it boot. BUt I tried more than 10 times and nothing.

Tried the 336 mb copy and the 307 mb one. None of them work.

Tested on my Wii u (NTSC) and my Wii with gamecube ports (NTSC).

Tested on nintendont 2.184 and 2.187

Still no luck.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine does not work as well. Fix said to try it until it boot. BUt I tried more than 10 times and nothing.

Tried the 336 mb copy and the 307 mb one. None of them work.

Tested on my Wii u (NTSC) and my Wii with gamecube ports (NTSC).

Tested on nintendont 2.184 and 2.187

Still no luck.

Yeh it's strange I've tried to boot this thing like 20 plus times now all up, it never works haha.
I'm trying something completely different and will post results in a bit.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been trying to boot goldeneye rogue agent ntsc-u v2.187 and it blackscreens can anyone load this game?

I Just tried it since I was playing it yesterday on 2.185... it now blackscreens for me also
It loads on 2.184 which I'm currently doing other test with so had it on there aswell.

Broken in 2.187 then

Just tested again for the hell of it and it booted on 2.187 this time.
So try again and make sure you don't have Progressive or Widescreen enabled as that has always broken this game.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Been trying to boot goldeneye rogue agent ntsc-u v2.187 and it blackscreens can anyone load this game?
just tryed my goldeneye full ntsc iso on 187

it took like 8 seconds of BS to appear licesnced by nintendo and then another 8 seconds to start loading so maybe you arent waiting enough? or have forced stuff on like progressive and such.

Reactions: KongsNutz

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just tryed my goldeneye full ntsc iso on 187

it took like 8 seconds of BS to appear licesnced by nintendo and then another 8 seconds to start loading so maybe you arent waiting enough? or have forced stuff on like progressive and such.

Same results here, it does take a little bit to boot but yeh on my first boot it got stuck but everytime now works.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I've got another update. It's nothing big, but I wanted to fix Triforce title names before I worked on anything bigger.

https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/source/detail?r=188
-Added support for special (Triforce) games in database, which were previously identified incorrectly
-Removed some duplicates from titles.txt (you don't need to update your local copy)
-Updated the meta.xml file just so the online version has correct credits

Note: Thanks to Xenith and sonictopfan for testing

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Awesome dude, well done.
"Before I work on anything bigger" color me intrigued. JoostinOnline
I've got an idea, I need to see how it plays out though.

If anyone has requests specifically for the loader, let me know by tagging me in your post with an @ sign. I'm not promising I'll work on it, but ideas are welcome.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well to be honest if we are talking features... here is all I want.

Wiinnertag compat.
Covers

If it had those 2 I wouldn't never touch an external loader.
Yes I know everyone will poo poo this idea. JoostinOnline

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
i can boot it and play just fine on 187 try some times i guess ppl seems to say AX only works every 1 in 3 times or something maybe gp1 is the same for me it always boots up lol.
I don't know about 1/3 of times but yeah F-Zero AX boots sometimes and other times it doesn't, it seems it needs memory card to be enabled too, I'll look into that, as for Mario Kart GP it works every time with me (only one time the GC controller didn't work for some reason, I unplugged and re-plugged it and it worked fine, that was in 2.181 I think) other than that every time I tested the game it worked fine so I have no complaints here, I will note though that it takes longer now to start than before so be patient in the first black screen with this game!

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about 1/3 of times but yeah F-Zero AX boots sometimes and other times it doesn't, it seems it needs memory card to be enabled too, I'll look into that, as for Mario Kart GP it works every time with me (only one time the GC controller didn't work for some reason, I unplugged and re-plugged it and it worked fine, that was in 2.181 I think) other than that every time I tested the game it worked fine so I have no complaints here, I will note though that it takes longer now to start than before so be patient in the first black screen with this game!
I was leaving Mario Kart GP on for at least a whole 2 minutes each time.

Stull have yet to boot that game.

Henceforth

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
you can have everything on usb no need for SD so if you have a usb hdd or usb stick laying around you can put everything in there apps, gc games and so on

Thanks for the tip. Well i buy a new Micro SD adapter, but my broke adapter fix alone one week later lol. I will save it for backup, it's was very cheap, no problem.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got an idea, I need to see how it plays out though.

If anyone has requests specifically for the loader, let me know by tagging me in your post with an @ sign. I'm not promising I'll work on it, but ideas are welcome.

I have one maybe you could give us the option to choose wich version of nintendont we want from the updater you just added, maybe just the 10 most recent versions or so. This would really help those of us that test games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm starting to sound like a Tck