Hacking Nintendont

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goldfiiiiinnnnnnggger!!!!! I <3 that band and sone :-)
why would would FIX94 quit? the guy is a Global Mod... its more likely the fool.. would get banned cause his toy is not working.

*goes back to listening 99 red balloons (99 Luftballons) & playing Donkey Kong to get those red balloons*

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Were you being sarcastic?
Or did it actually help?

I meant disable it in USB Loader GX, not Nintendont.
If you have it enabled in USBLGX then it will always ask for a controller.ini (you still can play but the warning window will pop-up either way) file to play with HID.
In ULGX it always will warning about the lack of the controller.ini, even when you disable USB HID option, I'm using Wii U Pro Controller and have to create a dummy .ini which contains nothing ;p

I already reported this to Cyan (ULGX developer) and said he will look it.

MrRom92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay just need clarification on one thing - what are the pros and cons of the GameCube style controllers made by pdp and hori? I would like to buy one this weekend but I'm not sure what the differences are.

Do either of them rumble on their own? Does one have analog trigger buttons and not the other?

Very confusing!

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not that anybody cares but i reported a while back that i-ninja was a bit too fast making the rolling ball challenges too tuff. well that seems to be fixed now thanks to r175 general timer. Thanks Fix94!

Reactions: VinsCool

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay just need clarification on one thing - what are the pros and cons of the GameCube style controllers made by pdp and hori? I would like to buy one this weekend but I'm not sure what the differences are.

Do either of them rumble on their own? Does one have analog trigger buttons and not the other?

Very confusing!

The PDP GameCube style controllers DO NOT rumble as they are plugged in using a Wii Remote which does not provide any way to send rumble info to attached devices.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
But the wii remotes themself rumble when used with it right?

Yes, the wiimote does rumble. any attached controllers on it couldn't. To enable rumble over wiimote you must press the minus button once you get in game.

MrRom92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay - more memory card issues. I was able to make two virtual memory cards on my wii u - 1 for NTSC/PAL games and another for Japan games was created. Now managing my new virtual memory cards in dolphin I'm trying to import the GCI's onto them but for some games there are multiple GCI's which contain different data, different saves, etc, and it only lets me import 1 per game... What gives!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are we any closer to knowing why some games just don't boot on Wii U but play fine on Wii?
Or why some games won't work on Wii U and only some wiis? *CoughBMX:XXXcough*
Curious about this as well. Not that I'm interested in playing that game ever again but it's good for a laugh hahah

I think this is one issue that might fix about half of the games still marked as issues in the compatibility list.
Almost all the FIFA games (6 from the compatibility list) and Medal of Honor European Assault DO NOT boot in Wii U, but they boot fine on Wii.
Medal of Honor: European Assault
21px-Flag_of_USA.png
v2.156 v6 1.16 GB ✔ Doesn't boot on Wii U.Log+OSReport.
FIFA 06
21px-Flag_of_Europe.png
v1.142 v6 1.28 GB ✔ ✔¹ ✔ Black screen on boot on WiiU. Works on Wii.
FIFA 06
21px-Flag_of_Germany.png
v2.164 v6 1.28 GB ✔ ✔¹ ✔ Black screen on boot on WiiU. Works on Wii.
FIFA 07
21px-Flag_of_Europe.png
v1.142 v6 1.25 GB ✔ ✔¹ ✔ Black screen on boot on WiiU. Works on Wii.
FIFA 07
21px-Flag_of_Germany.png
v2.155 v6 1.25 GB ✔ ✔¹ ✔ Black screen on boot on WiiU.
FIFA Football 2005
21px-Flag_of_Europe.png
v1.142 v3 1.03 GB ✔ ✔ Black screen on boot on WiiU. Works on Wii.
Widescreen issues: Players disappear outside 4:3 frame.
FIFA Football 2005
21px-Flag_of_Germany.png
v2.155 v3 1.03 GB ✔ ✔ Black screen on boot on WiiU. Works on Wii.
R+Z+Start reset combo doesn't work.
Widescreen issues: Players disappear outside 4:3 frame.
FIFA Fussball-Weltmeisterschaft Deutschland 2006
21px-Flag_of_Germany.png
v2.155 v6 1.16 GB ✔ ✔¹ ✔ Black screen on boot on WiiU. Works on Wii.
FIFA Street
21px-Flag_of_Europe.png
v2.155 v6 784 MB ✔ ✔¹ ✔ Black screen on boot on WiiU. Works on Wii.
FIFA Street 2
21px-Flag_of_Europe.png
v2.155 v6 1.21 GB ✔ ✔¹ ✔ Black screen on boot on WiiU. Works on Wii.
FIFA Street 2
21px-Flag_of_USA.png
v1.141 v6 1.20 GB ✔ ✔¹ ✔ The game freezes in rare cases.
BMX: XXX has been the only game I've heard lately that doesn't boot on a normal Wii. You might want to verify that with another user just to be sure.

FIX94, just out of curiosity, what might be the cause that makes some game give black screen on a Wii U but work fine on a normal Wii?
Does it have something to do with the WiiU-only code (beats me exactly what was the code line, but I remember I saw something like IF-WiiU... Gotta go through the source code again) that causes that?
I'm not demanding it, I'm just really curious about it.

Drak0rex, do you know of someone else that has been having the same issue with BMX? The compatibility list doesn't have any comment about that.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BMX: XXX has been the only game I've heard lately that doesn't boot on a normal Wii. You might want to verify that with another user just to be sure. [USER=354869 said:
Drak0rex[/USER], do you know of someone else that has been having the same issue with BMX? The compatibility list doesn't have any comment about that.

I've bought 5 different wiis on ebay, all gamecube versions. Two of them played BMX:XXX and GUN (using devo, but still) and the others, as well as my first wii do not. Right now I have one of them hooked up and it plays BMX:XXX just fine (aside from the music being chipmunked). My main Wii and Wii U on the other hand, do not. I've hacked them all the same, same hard drive and sd card.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've bought 5 different wiis on ebay, all gamecube versions. Two of them played BMX:XXX and GUN (using devo, but still) and the others, as well as my first wii do not. Right now I have one of them hooked up and it plays BMX:XXX just fine. My main Wii and Wii U on the other hand, do not. I've hacked them all the same, same hard drive and sd card.

What are the serial numbers of the Wiis you use?
For the one that plays it, the one that does not.

What other information were users giving?
I know that something like this was previously reported but that was WAY back in development.
Something about the Hollywood chip?

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the serial numbers of the Wiis you use?
For the one that plays it, the one that does not.

What other information were users giving?
I know that something like this was previously reported but that was WAY back in development.
Something about the Hollywood chip?
Well, I just tried 5 different wiis, and oddly enough, the ones that it worked for before don't want to work now (even with devo). It's not a HDD issue. 3 worked, 2 didn't. The only thing I noticed is the 2 that didn't work were LU7s

Makes me wonder if other games that "Blackscreen on boot" may just be picky when it comes to wiis. I might try some of them later.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, I just tried 5 different wiis, and oddly enough, the ones that it worked for before don't want to work now (even with devo). It's not a HDD issue. 3 worked, 2 didn't. The only thing I noticed is the 2 that didn't work were LU7s

They stopped working? :S
There's something odd, how could that game stop working on all your Wiis, and yet it still works on your Wii U?
Have you tried making a fresh install of NIntendont (deleting nincfg.bin, etc) and tried running it through a USBloader and the normal HBC app?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm starting to sound like a Tck