Hacking Nintendont

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep actually that's the quick fix I thought of.

But the thing is that I want to be able to have a NON-full click of the trigger for BOTH triggers and not just "L".
I can easily assign L= 0x80 for example and that would be it, but I still have the R button to have a middle press.
I want to have the option of pressing L+ZL = Halfway press, same for L+ZR.
And when I press ZR or ZL alone then that would be the full click or full press of the trigger.

Hope I explained myself well.

oh ok I understand ... but why would you need a halfway press for the 2 analog triggers? Is there another game where that would be useful?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
oh ok I understand ... but why would you need a halfway press for the 2 analog triggers? Is there another game where that would be useful?

Racing games seems to be the most needed.
Same for flying games.
Luigi's Mansion is the one that comes to my mind first since the Elemental ghosts are best kept with slightly presses of the R trigger, and the same goes for the L button.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished testing some games and I LOVE that Nintendont now remembers the last played game. This makes determining what causes a game to crash so much easier.

Can pressing 1 on the Wii remote move it to the very top of the game list?

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Racing games seems to be the most needed.
Same for flying games.
Luigi's Mansion is the one that comes to my mind first since the Elemental ghosts are best kept with slightly presses of the R trigger, and the same goes for the L button.

oh ok yeah ... when I was trying to figure out a way to setup my controller.ini for Mario Sunshine I tested every games I had to see if it was usefull with any other games and I couldn't find one :P Mario Sunshine is the only one that uses different offset for stop and aim and for throwing water. Luigi's mansion is only using the analog trigger offset.

fish & chips

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Welp, Animal Crossing still freezing after select Progressive........ testing spyro now.

EDIT: Same exact results, all my game freeze still.
I have no idea what is causing this as it worked up until Blutooth was added.

Animal Crossing (Freeze after progressive)
Spyro ETD (Black Screens)........ damn

Just tried Animal Crossing and it works fine for me. Maybe you could try re-ripping the ISO?

However Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO (NTSC US) still gets a black screen and loud beeping sound when started with Force Progressive enabled on r156. This started happening on r149. It boots fine with Force Progressive disabled though and so far is the only one of the games I've tried that has this issue.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Welp, Animal Crossing still freezing after select Progressive........ testing spyro now.

EDIT: Same exact results, all my game freeze still.
I have no idea what is causing this as it worked up until Blutooth was added.

Animal Crossing (Freeze after progressive)
Spyro ETD (Black Screens)........ damn

Dude there is something seriously bad from your part.
I recommend you try running a game from the other device you are not used to utilize (If you use HDD, try booting a game with SD)
Try that out and see what happens.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude there is something seriously bad from your part.
I recommend you try running a game from the other device you are not used to utilize (If you use HDD, try booting a game with SD)
Try that out and see what happens.

That's the thing, I have now tried SD,USB and a Micro SD to USB adapter and Several games including a few different dumps of games and they all freeze.

Before the BluTooth was added they all worked fine from where ever. So Strange

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the thing, I have now tried SD,USB and a Micro SD to USB adapter and Several games including a few different dumps of games and they all freeze.

Before the BluTooth was added they all worked fine from where ever. So Strange

Wii? Wii U? Family Edition?

Your the only person who can't get Nintendont to work still

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG I have figured out the issue and it now works.... for some reason my computer was not actually formatting anything properly.

I booted into OSX instead of Windows and used apples disk management to format and all is good now.

The people in Dicksville will be pleased that Satan has returned.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
OMG I have figured out the issue and it now works.... for some reason my computer was not actually formatting anything properly.

I booted into OSX instead of Windows and used apples disk management to format and all is good now.

The people in Dicksville will be pleased that Satan has returned.
See? It was an issue in you end XD.
Anyway, glad to know that you finally got it working :)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Mmmm I would have to take a look at the code in charge of the rumble.
I only followed the instructions by bobmcjr and deleted a line that was preventing the rumble in CCP and Wii U Pro.
I just deleted that line and compile it along with my mod.

QUESTION:
Does anyone know if the Nyko Pro Commander controller is compatible with Nintendont?
This controller might be EXTREMELY useful because it has integrated Analog Triggers.

http://www.nyko.com/products/product-detail/?name=Pro Commander

You can see here:

c700x420.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg
ppl afew pages back did say it worked but using the wiiu pro codding, but since wiiu pro has no sensitive triggers they will be readed as digital only, i dont see devs implementing a function that only works on a single third party controller.

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What would that have been, the fantasy that the main analog/C-Stick in NGC titles could effectively be mapped to the WiiMote pointer in some general game-agnostic implementation that would actually work well? It was ridiculous, so I didn't bother to address it.

That Wiimote is a comfy controller?

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing news on the fix for over 250 games. I'll be putting that to the test very soon, i am re-ripping the entire GC library from scratch, checking each iso with redump for a match, then using the proper tool to shrink, and testing from there. Will make testing a lot easier.

WoJjTeK

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Would it be possible to implement update function in nintendont ? Simply a check if the version used is the latest, and ability to download and automatically replace boot.dol. Some emulators have it , would be cool if Nintendont had it as well, considering the large amount of frequent updates!

Reactions: drakorex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can have main game on big screen and touch lay out on wiiu tablet I can see that
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I have a broken o3ds xl
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Phones worked great for DS emulation with DraStic and a controller that held your phone
    But sadly that's coming to an end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, atleast I think the latest version's apk is archived somewhere
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah it works great but it's the obvious Ds factor you loose from it it's not like playing atari games on atari because Nintendo actually use to give a reason to buy their hardware
    +1
    Honestly Ken I actually have the hardware and it's hacked and works fine, prefer my phone lol
    Microphone is more sensitive, DraStic has a high res mode, screen is way better just overall a better experience
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just like game consoles how they were intended to play if they have a unique enough reason to buy them anything else yeah just download emulation for it
    Oh and touch screen infinity better lol
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @Xdqwerty It's still on Play Store.
    for free
    Install before they remove it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like to see a DS emulator that allows casting top screen to TV then use bottom for the touch screen stuff
    +1
    I used a vertical touch 22" monitor for playing some 3DS games through Citra.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Can't be that far off from it not like ds requires super hardware
    @K3Nv2 I did that using Citra for 3DS games. Bottom screen was my smartphone. Until I got the touch screen.
  • SwordShielder @ SwordShielder:
    Use a TV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Citra allows it already?
    Yes.
    Ken I have that sort of set up on Drastic on Pi for games that don't require touch
    Looks nice too
    Any TV with your PC connected with Citra and any smartphone to use as a screen using a free play store app.
    +1
    Gonna look into that when I get home
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Gonna look into that when I get home