Hacking Nintendont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are config files on nintendont github page. Ps3 might be on there.
Yeah I got it to recognize the ps3 controller, but it's acting like the control stick is constantly being pushed just like when trying to use the knockoff controller. The Wii U Gamepad is set as controller 1 and it's the second player that isn't working. Here's a video to show what's happening:

Post automatically merged:

is it a legit dualshock 3? if its fake/3rd party might not work since nintendont has the pid/vid recorded in memory and 3rd party/fakes have different pid/vid.
It's a real first party one

Reactions: godreborn
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure, I've never tried any other controller but the wiiu pro. the config file may need some tweaking, but I'm afraid I don't know how they're made.
Yeah but it's just weird that it worked before and now I can't play 2 players

Edit: I messed up and downloaded the .in file incorrectly from GitHub and put it in the wrong folder on my SD card and with the wrong name. But after fixing all that, it ultimately still doesn't work. Also launching the game with the controller attached crashes the entire system, so I have to plug it in after the game launches. Oh well. I give up. Will never be able to transfer items to my other characters or play GameCube games with my kids I guess.

Last edited by Subtle Demise,
Reactions: godreborn

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah but it's just weird that it worked before and now I can't play 2 players

Edit: I messed up and downloaded the .in file incorrectly from GitHub and put it in the wrong folder on my SD card and with the wrong name. But after fixing all that, it ultimately still doesn't work. Also launching the game with the controller attached crashes the entire system, so I have to plug it in after the game launches. Oh well. I give up. Will never be able to transfer items to my other characters or play GameCube games with my kids I guess.
take a picture of your nintendont settings don't give up.

you dont have anything else attached to your wiiu? other usb? or bt controllers?wiiu gamepad being used and the control stick is puhed in where its laying down? maybe try disabling wiiu gamepad by choosing it to zero on the settings so the ps3/wiiu pro fake are the only ones being readed.

seems to me you have a controller that is with the analogue being pushed and its connected to the console imo.

you dont need an ini to use ps3 controller, they are hardcoded into memory since nintendont v1

not sure, I've never tried any other controller but the wiiu pro. the config file may need some tweaking, but I'm afraid I don't know how they're made.
you dont need to tweak ps3 controller they are hardcoded into nintendont memory since it was the first supported hid controller, you only need the controller.ini if you want to change buttons, if not they work just fine without any ini.

Reactions: Subtle Demise
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
take a picture of your nintendont settings don't give up.

you dont have anything else attached to your wiiu? other usb? or bt controllers?wiiu gamepad being used and the control stick is puhed in where its laying down? maybe try disabling wiiu gamepad by choosing it to zero on the settings so the ps3/wiiu pro fake are the only ones being readed.

seems to me you have a controller that is with the analogue being pushed and its connected to the console imo.

you dont need an ini to use ps3 controller, they are hardcoded into memory since nintendont v1

you dont need to tweak ps3 controller they are hardcoded into nintendont memory since it was the first supported hid controller, you only need the controller.ini if you want to change buttons, if not they work just fine without any ini.
Ok I will try tomorrow afternoon and edit this post and tag you when I've tried all that. I have to spend a night at my gf's house tonight, but I'll be home after work.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fun fact about the first HID controller Nintendont supported being the Dual Shock 3 is that that's how how the Nintendont proof of concept was first showed off by playing a GameCube game on a Wii U with a controller made by Sony which, as some of you may know, was Nintendo arch rival after Nintendo screwed them over by having them create the Nintendo Playstation add-on for the SNES and them cutting all ties to them and going with Philips.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_NES_CD-ROM

Krungus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be a dumb question, but how do you actually set a Dualshock 4 up to play with Nintendont? Do you just have it plugged in before you start the game? I saw something somewhere about hitting the Playstation button twice (I don't remember where at this point, I've been all over the internet today getting my Wii set up), but that doesn't seem to do anything. Are the instructions for connecting a USB controller for player 1 written down somewhere?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This might be a dumb question, but how do you actually set a Dualshock 4 up to play with Nintendont? Do you just have it plugged in before you start the game? I saw something somewhere about hitting the Playstation button twice (I don't remember where at this point, I've been all over the internet today getting my Wii set up), but that doesn't seem to do anything. Are the instructions for connecting a USB controller for player 1 written down somewhere?
if you have the latest nintendont you should just plug it in and press the ps button while ingame or on nintendont menu, only wired works, just make sure you have native set to off and your usb cable is a data cable, there are usb cables that only charge and dont transfer data.
if it doesnt work by default you can get the ini
v1
https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/blob/master/controllerconfigs/controller_ps4.ini
v2
https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/blob/master/controllerconfigs/controller_ps4v2.ini

not sure what version of the dualshock you have, just right click raw and choose save as to get the ini file, then rename the ini file to controller.ini and place it on the root of sd/usb whatever you use to play your games.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I tried launching the game without the gamepad and every time I push a button on the fake pro controller it just crashes the system.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok so I tried launching the game without the gamepad and every time I push a button on the fake pro controller it just crashes the system.
fake controllers can crash nintendont since they send lots of signals everywhere.

just take a picture of your nintendont settings, just want to make sure what version you are running.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fake controllers can crash nintendont since they send lots of signals everywhere.

just take a picture of your nintendont settings, just want to make sure what version you are running.
PXL_20230213_234817767.jpg

Edit: Also tried something.
-Launched Nintendont through vWii homebrew channel
- Turned on fake pro controller after the game loaded, plugged in DS3
- It did the stick held down thing until the DS3 shut itself off and then the fake controller worked perfectly
- Tried unplugging my USB HDD (the game loaded through SD card) and plugging in the DS3 again and then the Wii U crashes and shuts off.

EDIT 2: If I use ANY controller but gamepad only, the Wii U crashes and the front LED turns yellow. I also update Nintendont to the newest version as I see the one I had was somehow extremely out of date.

EDIT 3: Found this. It had something to do with the USB ports not getting enough power? I have a Y-cable attached to my HDD and it's Wii U formatted anyway so Nintendont doesn't use it if I load the game from SD card and not from my forwarder. Well anyway, yeah, guess it's back to square 1 again

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
View attachment 353183
Edit: Also tried something.
-Launched Nintendont through vWii homebrew channel
- Turned on fake pro controller after the game loaded, plugged in DS3
- It did the stick held down thing until the DS3 shut itself off and then the fake controller worked perfectly
- Tried unplugging my USB HDD (the game loaded through SD card) and plugging in the DS3 again and then the Wii U crashes and shuts off.

EDIT 2: If I use ANY controller but gamepad only, the Wii U crashes and the front LED turns yellow. I also update Nintendont to the newest version as I see the one I had was somehow extremely out of date.

EDIT 3: Found this. It had something to do with the USB ports not getting enough power? I have a Y-cable attached to my HDD and it's Wii U formatted anyway so Nintendont doesn't use it if I load the game from SD card and not from my forwarder. Well anyway, yeah, guess it's back to square 1 again
well your nintendont is very outdated that is why this happen download the latest one 500
https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont...4c64a5893cd290614b/loader/loader.dol?raw=true

rename to boot.dol and replace in sd;apps/nintendont/boot.dol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well your nintendont is very outdated that is why this happen download the latest one 500
https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont...4c64a5893cd290614b/loader/loader.dol?raw=true

rename to boot.dol and replace in sd;apps/nintendont/boot.dol
Yeah I did end up noticing that and updating it but now using anything but gamepad crashes the console. Here's another pic:
16764094669778755747393130489212.jpg

Now I got it stop crashing, and the third party controller works perfectly, but the PS3 is still moving by itself.

Edit: Hmm so the gamepad and pro controller work together again. Still should try to figure out why my front USB ports are acting up though.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah I did end up noticing that and updating it but now using anything but gamepad crashes the console. Here's another pic:View attachment 353329

Now I got it stop crashing, and the third party controller works perfectly, but the PS3 is still moving by itself.

Edit: Hmm so the gamepad and pro controller work together again. Still should try to figure out why my front USB ports are acting up though.
maybe bad connection, you can use other usb ports/all of them work on nintendont or other cables.

mario-lucis-caelum

Trophies
XP
Country
I recently installed a Nintendon't Forwarder that has gamepad support. The problem I'm experiencing is the left stick always drifts to the left in whatever game I play. Is there any fix for this? My gamepad is working fine in Wii U games.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I recently installed a Nintendon't Forwarder that has gamepad support. The problem I'm experiencing is the left stick always drifts to the left in whatever game I play. Is there any fix for this? My gamepad is working fine in Wii U games.
im guessing your gamepad has drift on the analogue, nintendont alrerady has a huge deadzone for the wiiugamepad, if its still drifting for you then you need to replace the analogue stick.

mario-lucis-caelum

Trophies
XP
Country
im guessing your gamepad has drift on the analogue, nintendont alrerady has a huge deadzone for the wiiugamepad, if its still drifting for you then you need to replace the analogue stick.
But how come it doesn't drift in Wii U/Wii games and other emulators. Is there like an option where I can change controller settings or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.