Hacking Nintendont

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I hope it works out for you. I only tested a few of the buttons. I couldn't remember what the buttons even did to begin with as it's been a while since I've played sunshine.
The remapped buttons work great!
Z on Minus and the clockwise face buttons work as desired.

However, the only issue seems to be with the L/R and ZL/ZR buttons.
An easy way to test the desired results is with either Mario Sunshine:

With Sunshine:
Pressing R by itself should make Mario throw water in a fixed position.If you move the DPad, only the aiming of the nozzle should move, while Mario still stays in place.
Pressing ZR should allow Mario to run and throw water at the same time.

If those work, then the code should simply be mirrored to L/ZL and that's it.
I'll check out the code tomorrow to see what could be happening.

77Urmel77

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'll keep the source code on my pc for you.
Edited.
I hope it´s okay to add a comment. This could be a very good modification for playing Super Mario Sunshine.
I also put your compiled .dol and the other files from your zip-file on my Wii 4.3E. Where the last github-release exits fine from a game on pressing the home-button yours unfortunately crashes to a blackscreen.

@ShadowOne333 Did it happen on your side, too?

Last edited by 77Urmel77,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope it´s okay to add a comment. This could be a very good modification for playing Super Mario Sunshine.
I also put your compiled .dol and the other files from your zip-file on my Wii 4.3E. Where the last github-release exits fine on pressing the home-button yours unfortunately crashes to a blackscreen.

Not sure what happened, but it exits normally for me on the wiiu.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Edited.
I also put your compiled .dol and the other files from your zip-file on my Wii 4.3E. Where the last github-release exits fine from a game on pressing the home-button yours unfortunately crashes to a blackscreen.

I pressed home using Nintendont injected as WiiVC to use the Gamepad, and it exited just fine back to the U's menu (it rseemed like it rebooted the system, but that's normal when coming back from vWii to WiiU again iirc)

Yes, once shadow tells me what he wants changed.

I'll try to remember what I did back then to get it working properly, hopefully it's nothing too crazy.
I do remember Fix94's code posted above mine working fine for the triggers, I simpy swapped the order of the buttons for mine, but in any case, I'll try editingthe PadRead file tomorrow morning.

77Urmel77

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe it´s that my Wii RVL-001 is all in all not that stable anymore. It crashes rather frequently on hombrew exiting or initialzing webconnection. So don´t spend too much afford on my complain, please.

Last edited by 77Urmel77,

77Urmel77

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just a few weeks ago I remodded my Wii with his help and advice, what a great man. Thank you for this idea. Very kind. But I guess at the end it´s the hardware that has aged. ...sad

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
here's the file @ShadowOne333 , if you want to make changes to it or I could do it, just tell me what to change.

Do you have Sunshine to try out?
I think this code should be good for the triggers.

The one you attached seemed to have an extra line that re-defined ZR, so that could be why I was having issues with it.
If you have Sunshine, you can easily try it out following the test I posted here:

An easy way to test the desired results is with Mario Sunshine:

With Sunshine:
Pressing R by itself should make Mario throw water in a fixed position.If you move the DPad, only the aiming of the nozzle should move, while Mario still stays in place.

If those work, then the code should simply be mirrored to L/ZL and that's it.
I'll check out the code tomorrow to see what could be happening.

If not, then I can try it out later today when I get home after work. :)

Attachments

• PADReadGC.zip
    9.7 KB · Views: 37

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, L rotates the camera back behind Mario, and R sprays water. hope that's what you wanted:

Attachments

• nintendont.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 41

77Urmel77

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@godreborn
Hello. As @ShadowOne333 wrote, the following is the wanted result:

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't check ZR, but it's probably correct. that's what R does anyway. maybe @77Urmel77 should test it out as well. btw, there's a bug with make clean it would seem. it actually deletes the nintendont folder, so after making the loader.dol, it will error. I just downloaded the nintendont folder again from github, and it was successful. I think the settings are the way you want them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1