Nintendont

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by sabykos, Jun 10, 2013.

1. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    make sure you got a compatible usbloader version with nintendont, i remenber some versions stopped working with certain nintendont versions.

2. oleguer

oleguer Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2018
    Spain
    Hi forum! I try to launch gamecube title injected on wiiu using wiiu pro controller and I cant config them I have the nintendont dol on sd card (I try using title on vwii and install them) and controllers config files on sd card (wiiu pro controller need ps2 config file? this I read) but I dont know what I need to play gamecube games using wii u pro controller because when I launch a game the pro controller shutdown and I cant power on "-_-.... any ideas? or config?? Thanks!

3. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    wiiu pro controller is coded in it needs no config, make sure you dont have any usb controller connected to your usb ports since they take player one, also injected games the wiiugamepad if you chose to use it will take player one aswhell.

make sure native control is turned off, and you need to sinc the wiiu pro controller in the wiiu menu before hand(only one time) then launch nintendont press A on the wiiu pro on nintendont menu and pick a game, if game starts and wiiu pro shutsdown press A again.

Also fake&3rd partys wiiu pro controllers arent garanteed to work.

4. StopLight

StopLight Member

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2019
    United States
    Is there a specific Nintendont guide just for setting up the controllers? I'm sure the answers to my questions are somewhere in the 2000 pages of this thread; I can find bits and pieces of my specific problem, but I still haven't seen what I need to get started to fix my problem.

I am running Nintendont through USB Loader GX on the Wii. I haven't found an issue with any GameCube game (yet), but I cannot use multiple controllers in any game. I am using Wiimotes with the classic controller; they are all official Wiimotes. Each one will work when they are set to be player 1, but they won't work together when running Nintendont (or USB Loader GX for that matter); they do work together when I am using them with the official Wii system and games. I'm not even sure if this is a USB Loader problem or a Nintendont problem, and I can't figure out how to determine that.

5. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    make sure maxpads on usbloader gx settings is set to 4 and not to 1.

6. StopLight

StopLight Member

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2019
    United States
    Is that different from within USB Loader GX - Settings/Loader Settings/Nintendont Section/GameCube Controller: 4

Because when I went to Settings/Loader Settings/Nintendont Section/GameCube Controller it was/is set to 4 and that was the first thing I checked.

Last edited by StopLight, Apr 21, 2019
  7. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    so cc and wiimotes are all oficial? if either of those are fake they probably dont work inside games.

no idea i use nintendont directly, you can try too to see if its an usbloadergx setting issue, got to homebrew channel select nintendont instead of usbloader gx then press b to go to settings put all your settings, press b again and launch a agme from the game list(without exiting nintendont loader).

8. Bitanator

Bitanator Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2019
    Ireland
    Updated my usb drive and it works finally! I was getting worried I had done something stupid. Any reason why it had such a hard time reading directly off of an SD card?

9. StopLight

StopLight Member

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2019
    United States
    All 4 WiiMotes are official. 3 of the 4 classic controllers are official. According to the compatibility guide, the 4th unofficial classic controller should be fine, and it does work with GameCube games when it is attached to player one. But that's not a showstopper because I won't need all 4 controllers for a long time.

Same problem when I load Nintendont through the Homebrew Channel without USB Loader, so this probably a Nintendont issue.

10. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    take a picture of your nintendont settings, also wich game are you trying?do you have anything connected to the gc ports or usb ports besides the hdd?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

bad files? badly formated sd card? very slow one? no idea.

11. StopLight

StopLight Member

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2019
    United States
    What games am I not trying to run? :) All the usuals: Bomberman, Mario Party, Double Dash, Def Jam Vendetta, Kirby Air Ride, Zelda 4 Swords, Star Fox Assault, Time Splitters, etc... They all work for single player. Like I said, I can't find a tutorial or guide that allows me to configure the controller set up. I could also use my PS3 or PS4 controllers which are supposed to be compatible, but I have no idea how to begin to set them up and why bother when I have original Nintendo hardware. Also there's nothing in the GameCube ports. Just the USB drive.

12. StopLight

StopLight Member

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2019
    United States
    Could the cIOS version be causing my problem?

Last edited by StopLight, Apr 22, 2019
  13. Bitanator

Bitanator Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2019
    Ireland
    Must be slow since it works fine otherwise just not in this case, I heard it was better to get an adapter for sd cards in this case?

14. tivu100

tivu100 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    I followed this guide. It patched cios58 and slot 250. I read this said official IOS58. Is it the same? If so, how can I install Nintendont with that in mind?

15. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    you must have followed a guide with 15 years lol, no homebrew needs patched cios 58 they all use the original one ...

16. tivu100

tivu100 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    Last edited by tivu100, Apr 25, 2019
  17. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
  18. tivu100

tivu100 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    It's the d2x cIOS Installer MOD v2.2 part of that guide. Please check and help clarifying. Thanks

19. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    if your vwii is still working then it should be fine, if you have homebrew channel on vwii just try it

put an sd card in
    put the nintendont files
    sd root: apps/nintendont/boot.dol
    sd root: apps/nintendont/meta.xml
    sd root: apps/nintendont/icon.png

put an full gc iso on a games folder named game.iso
    sd root: games/anynameyouwant/game.iso

just start homebrew channel and choose nintendont.

tivu100 likes this.
  20. tivu100

tivu100 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    K. I'll check when I get home. Thanks

Edit: vWii working fine

Last edited by tivu100, Apr 25, 2019
  21. ccfman2004

ccfman2004 GBAtemp Addict

Mar 5, 2008
    United States
    Wow almost 2000 pages. Nintendont is just that awesome.

ca032769 likes this.
  22. tivu100

tivu100 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    Nintendont installed and run without issue.