Hacking Nintendont

Superman321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
fake/3rd party controllers usualy dont work on homebrew, if your 3rd party one is already sinced with the console and once you hit A it doesnt sinc when in nintendont then it wont work on nintendont, but you need to sinc it on wiiu/wii menu before trying to use it on nintendont so your wii/wiiu register its controller id.

Thanks for the answer. im buying a GC Controller

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmmm... Nintendont Wont read my USB HDD. USB Loader GX Is working:unsure:

purplegreendave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to get to the bottom of my GC Inject black screen issues. I've injected my games using TeconMoon's injector script. Games are sometimes working, but very temperamental. I'm running CBHC on my Wii U, my vWii is untouched (AFAIK - it's a 2nd hand system)

The reasons I want to use VC Injects are twofold: 1) single storage device (usb hard drive on powered usb hub); 2) Launching everything from one place for friends etc. #1 is really the biggest concern - I have a Wii U dedicated hard drive I will never fill and can't justify buying another if I can get this up and running.

So I had a few GC games working using the injector script as mentioned above. Some would successfully load 75% of the time, some would successfully load <10% of the time. Sunshine was fairly successful, F-Zero was a disaster. When they did load and I chose not to use the gamepad, ps4 controllers worked perfectly (even analogue triggers).

Trying to troubleshoot, I ran GC Verify on my whole rom folder. F-Zero threw me a Not Found while most threw Found. Downloaded a new ROM, verified it again all good.

While downloading I tried a few of the other "found" games. Still intermittent Black Screens.

Reinjected the new F-Zero ROM. This time I tried something new - I deleted the cfg file generated by TeconMoon's tool from my SD card and disabled Autoboot in the injector script. Now it boots into Nintendont when I launch a game from the Wii System Menu. Amazingly it just booted 8 times in a row - no black screens (I tried 8 in a row just for the sake of testing).

A few other observations:
Boot with Gamepad support: Works Fine
Boot without Gamepad support, PS4 controller connected via USB: Works fine, needs Wiimote to navigate Nintendont but DS4 works in game.
Boot without Gamepad support, two ps4 controllers connected via USB: Game loads fine but neither controller responds.

Sorry for the wall of text, hopefully some of it's useful. I'll run some more tests later using my cheap knockoff GC controller/adapters. Hopefully I can get multiplayer working somehow.

On a side note, is it possible to load custom controller configs on a per game basis? Using Circle for accelerate and Square for boost on a DS4 isn't ideal. More tests for tomorrow.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I tried putting it on and loading it from the SD, but it didn't change anything.

My version of Nintendont is the latest - v5.483.
so if you put an iso and nintendont itself on the sd card it still doesnt work? just to see if its faulty usb ports on your wii or not.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
OK, it worked fine when I put it on my SD Card. What should I do about my USB, then?
well if your usb ports are faulty then you either get a console repair guy or get another wii they are dirty cheap used.

you can also try something else like another usb device it may work if they dont need so much power or speed readings and such.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
OK, it worked fine when I put it on my SD Card. What should I do about my USB, then?
also btw you dont have any custoom banner stuff on homebrew channel right? some homebrew themes and banners were not compatible with nintendont.

you got the vanilla homebrew channel right?

DeezTits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried to play Eternal Darkness last night, but it froze on the screen where they zoom in to introduce the protagonist (girl). I'm running the latest version of Nintendont (vWii), a legit 1:1 iso, tried different settings (including default). All to no avail. Kept freezing at the exact same spot. All other games run great. Eternal is just one of those games I never got around to and I'd like to attempt beating it. Anybody else experiencing this? Should I try an older Nintendont version? Thanks.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Tried to play Eternal Darkness last night, but it froze on the screen where they zoom in to introduce the protagonist (girl). I'm running the latest version of Nintendont (vWii), a legit 1:1 iso, tried different settings (including default). All to no avail. Kept freezing at the exact same spot. All other games run great. Eternal is just one of those games I never got around to and I'd like to attempt beating it. Anybody else experiencing this? Should I try an older Nintendont version? Thanks.
According to the compatibility list, Nintendont 4.435 is the last known version that is confirmed to work with it.
I would say try it and increment versions until the game breaks, if it works on this version at all, that is.

Reactions: DeezTits

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would say try it and increment versions until the game breaks, if it works on this version at all, that is.

An alternative strategy that incorporates yours is to bisect builds in between the last known good, and the first known bad (probably the latest version of Nintendont), for example:

If you know it last worked in (these are made up version numbers) version 400, but you know for sure it's broken in build 700, that gives you 300 builds you'd have to check, which can be time consuming. Instead, reconfirm it works on 400, then try, say, build 500. Not too huge of a jump, and if it still works, that eliminates 1/3rd of the builds you have to check. Then try 600, and if it doesn't work, then you know it's probably somewhere between 500 and 600, so you could then narrow it down to say, every 50 builds; check 550 next. Basically, divide it into chunks of halves, thirds, whatever, until you get a more precise range of builds, and only then do incrementals when you think you're within 10 or so.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
you sure you have default settings? take a picture of your nintendont settings screen if you can.

i got Eternal darkness injected on wiiu mode witha vwii inject and it worked great like 3 months or so ago.

DeezTits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... Nintendont 4.435 is the last known version that is confirmed to work with it.
I would say try it and increment versions until the game breaks...

Thanks, I'll see what I can find out.

you sure you have default settings? take a picture of your nintendont settings screen if you can.
i got Eternal darkness injected on wiiu mode witha vwii inject and it worked great like 3 months or so ago.

I thought I had default settings. Replaced everything in the directory. Even manually set everything to auto. I'll double-check, though.

I've tested this game in dolphin and it plays fine. It's got to be a setting somewhere since it seems to be just me. Would running it via the gamepad (haxchi) have any hindrance on compatibility?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks, I'll see what I can find out.

I thought I had default settings. Replaced everything in the directory. Even manually set everything to auto. I'll double-check, though.

I've tested this game in dolphin and it plays fine. It's got to be a setting somewhere since it seems to be just me. Would running it via the gamepad (haxchi) have any hindrance on compatibility?
no unless you got an inject which forces like widescreen on start up, i remember you could make the inject force stuff even if they aren't forced in the settings, but please take a picture.

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
well if your usb ports are faulty then you either get a console repair guy or get another wii they are dirty cheap used.

you can also try something else like another usb device it may work if they dont need so much power or speed readings and such.

also btw you dont have any custoom banner stuff on homebrew channel right? some homebrew themes and banners were not compatible with nintendont.

you got the vanilla homebrew channel right?

I think my HBC had the vanilla theme, the banner wasn't modified. (Can't access that Wii right now)

We bought a new Wii off of eBay just now, it'll surely work fine.

DeezTits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

no unless you got an inject which forces like widescreen on start up, i remember you could make the inject force stuff even if they aren't forced in the settings, but please take a picture.

Forgive my late reply. I finally got around to replaying this game. Here are the pictures:
One of my current config. Another of where the game freezes. Thanks again
config.jpg freeze.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.