Hacking Nintendont

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know, its an option so I wanted to just make it available.

Would that effect badly optimized ports like Crash Bandicoot the Wrath of Cortex by making it run as good as the PS2 version? :P

Maybe Crash Wrath of Cortex would run better since it had frame drops on the actual GameCube due to poor coding.

Whoops, I didn't realize you said it too :lol: The port was rushed, it wasn't the hardware's fault, Traveler's Tales just did a bad job.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, and I inadvertently replied after your reply.
The GameCube and Xbox versions did have one thing that was better than the PS2 version. Levels loaded very quickly compared to the 5+ minutes to load a level in the PS2 version. I don't know if they fixed that in the Greatest Hits version as I never played it.

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I already had some gamecube games installed on my Wii U. I rebuilt Nintendont with the c2w patcher and installed the forwarder. Are the autoboot games also overclocked or do I have to rebuild all of them with them with c2w?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
also just for fun I tried to see how much I can underclock the wiiu cpu, wanted to see if it can go back all the way to gc speed but it seems to be locked before that, the lowest I was able to push it was 570mhz, the gamecube is 486mhz for comparison :P actual overclocking seems to be possible too, I had it at some 1.3ghz value as well.

Phomma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First time poster and user of Nintendont..

I've successfully installed HBC and Nintendont with no problems apart from occasional boot up crashes (which I assume is a given).

I've downloaded game ROMS and placed them just in the usb as is (I didn't have much problems then) one in particular I was excited about was Doshin The Giant. Got it on my drive and successfully booted up no problem. Couple days later it does not show in the USB in the Nintendont app, yet i've checked the drive on a computer and it shows that it is on there.

I now have the games on the drive as..
USB:/Games/Doshin The Giant/game.iso
Games boot up fine, Doshin is just not available on Nintendont.

This is on a Wii console running v4.3U

Last edited by Phomma,

Phomma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And when you go to search for it you are looking in usb and not sd? @Phomma

Yeah, here's my walk through of what happens, starting from HBC loadup.

Load up Nintendont
prompts for SD or USB, I choose USB
The games list shows..
"Boot from disc drive"
"Cubivore"
"Luigi's Mansion"
"Super Monkey Ball"
so on and so forth, the only game that doesn't show is Doshin

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, here's my walk through of what happens, starting from HBC loadup.

Load up Nintendont
prompts for SD or USB, I choose USB
The games list shows..
"Boot from disc drive"
"Cubivore"
"Luigi's Mansion"
"Super Monkey Ball"
so on and so forth, the only game that doesn't show is Doshin
and you are sure the game is "game" and the extension is "iso"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...