Hacking Nintendont

MrKatanaObiWan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried the steam controller with this? Really bummed to hear that no one plans on adding xbox one or 360 support... was hoping to pickup this decent controller

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried the steam controller with this? Really bummed to hear that no one plans on adding xbox one or 360 support... was hoping to pickup this decent controller

It's not that easy, the Xbox 360 control doesn't use a normal HID interface at all, it uses Xinput.

MrKatanaObiWan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not that easy, the Xbox 360 control doesn't use a normal HID interface at all, it uses Xinput.
Yeah don't worry I've heard. Good thing there's this: https://github.com/xboxdrv/xboxdrv/ to help anyone who decides to add it.

But i've already said this before and still no one seems interested. That's why I'm asking about the steam controller is it xinput of hid? Do the touchpads and gyro work? (Somehow doubt it)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah don't worry I've heard. Good thing there's this: https://github.com/xboxdrv/xboxdrv/ to help anyone who decides to add it.

But i've already said this before and still no one seems interested. That's why I'm asking about the steam controller is it xinput of hid? Do the touchpads and gyro work? (Somehow doubt it)
its not as easy as to add i xbox controller support, basicaly it would need his own usb stack among other things, you can buy a xbox adapter that turns xbox controllers into hid and then use it on nintendont.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's for Linux. The Wii doesn't have an operating system to speak of for that library to hook into. There isn't a libusb to link it to.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
For the N64 injects guys I made some testing and it seems Chameleon Twist works fine, also Rocket - Robot on Wheels works but with no audio, both seem fully playable.

MrKatanaObiWan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not as easy as to add i xbox controller support, basicaly it would need his own usb stack among other things, you can buy a xbox adapter that turns xbox controllers into hid and then use it on nintendont.

Wth? Can you send me a link to one of these? (I'm talking about xbox 360 and xbox one controllers)

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started adding a devoptab for FatFS for the loader. Downside is it doesn't support files larger than 4GB (directly), but those files are only encountered when using large multi-game disc images. (You're better off reripping as 1:1 anyway.) Once this is done, I can convert the loader to use stdio again, then set a compile-time flag to switch between libcustomfat and FatFS, defaulting to libcustomfat since it seems to work better for most people.

I'll probably integrate this into the CISO branch instead of waiting for later.

Reactions: GreyWolf

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Wth? Can you send me a link to one of these? (I'm talking about xbox 360 and xbox one controllers)

http://cronusmax.com/cronusmax-plus/
mind you, its more expensive then the controllers and i am not sure if it really works with nintendont. Some one has to be the guinea pig

edit: oh, I forgot, its in the OP and so I guess it works.

Last edited by tswntk,

The_Atomik_Punk!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having trouble getting Phantasy Star III C.A.R.D. Revolution to boot in Nintendont, it just locks up at loading. I'll fill in the recommended game (in)compatibility form to the best of my ability without plugging in my USB HDD:

Game : Phantasy Star III C.A.R.D. Revolution
Describe Issue : Won't load in Nintendont
Region : Should be NTSC, but I believe GameTDB may have only provided me with a PAL game ID
Wii/Wii U : Wii
Nintendont revision : 4.423 Firmware: 58.24.32
Last known working revision (if any) : none to my knowledge
Loader used (if any) with revision no. : tried both USB LoaderGX: 3.0r 1260 & USB Loader: 70r78.10 in addition to Nintendont
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD : USB HDD Seagate 2TB
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size : Segate, 2TB, format is fat32, I forget what the cluster size is; whatever teh Nintendont googles.doc guide recommended
ISO 1:1/compressed : 1:1
McEmu/Real Mem card and size : tried memcarD-emulation with I think 156 blocks, and a real memory card that has I think 123 blocks (official) that I haven't tried
Native on/off : off I think
Controller used if Native off : real Gamecube controller (official)
Composite/Component/HDMI: Component, 480p
Anything else you want to explain: I feel that the lockup may be caused by an incorrect gameID from gametdb,com, the only phantsy star online II gameID that they provide is GPSP8P, which is listed as PAL

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to use a Space Center Deoxys code for Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness on Nintendont.

Code:
Space Center Deoxys [Ralf]
D6G9-1FJE-30HG2
C465-D5PZ-FBQ3P
PHVT-HURE-HZFQ7
7UJ1-010F-1NF8W
9QKQ-7PDB-CT58D
1FXM-V06R-71EZN
2ECB-E7YX-GD9Z5
T84U-04HA-0NT2C
M1WM-CJ3R-4C7VA
6028-QVQR-QZH1X
XDTA-995J-QBB24
XPXM-YZ57-5JFY2
R574-HF9M-EJHT3
7X0H-WMYM-8DW1Y
A995-W5DP-6BZ43
CFRV-KPY5-AW8YJ
7307-DMQX-EB95P
FZ6E-MNK0-QN105
EWV8-4M7F-16A12

This is where I found the code.

I will now explain the things I've done.

I have decrypted the code with GCNcrypt, converted the code to Ocarina with AR to WiiRD with "Each code has a verifier line." checkbox checked, and used Codemanager along with steps 3 to export the code to sd(E):\codes which is USB Loader GX's default location for using/loading codes for me.

All of my Nintendo Gamecube games are on my USB drive under D:\games.

So then I went to the game settings(I'm using USB Loader GX) for Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness and changed Ocarina to On but as you can imagine the code didn't work so I'm wondering if I'll need a master code or if this is one of those codes that just plain doesn't work.

Whoops, looks like I should've read better.

Poke Spot Bonus Disc Content Codes

The following codes will let you receive some rare Event & Bonus Disc Pokemon at Poke Spots.
The Pokemon will be transferred automatically to an empty party or box slot when you enter a
Poke Spot battle. Use the Call command to exit battle mode.

Last edited by Natural,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm having trouble getting Phantasy Star III C.A.R.D. Revolution to boot in Nintendont, it just locks up at loading. I'll fill in the recommended game (in)compatibility form to the best of my ability without plugging in my USB HDD:

Game : Phantasy Star III C.A.R.D. Revolution
Describe Issue : Won't load in Nintendont
Region : Should be NTSC, but I believe GameTDB may have only provided me with a PAL game ID
Wii/Wii U : Wii
Nintendont revision : 4.423 Firmware: 58.24.32
Last known working revision (if any) : none to my knowledge
Loader used (if any) with revision no. : tried both USB LoaderGX: 3.0r 1260 & USB Loader: 70r78.10 in addition to Nintendont
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD : USB HDD Seagate 2TB
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size : Segate, 2TB, format is fat32, I forget what the cluster size is; whatever teh Nintendont googles.doc guide recommended
ISO 1:1/compressed : 1:1
McEmu/Real Mem card and size : tried memcarD-emulation with I think 156 blocks, and a real memory card that has I think 123 blocks (official) that I haven't tried
Native on/off : off I think
Controller used if Native off : real Gamecube controller (official)
Composite/Component/HDMI: Component, 480p
Anything else you want to explain: I feel that the lockup may be caused by an incorrect gameID from gametdb,com, the only phantsy star online II gameID that they provide is GPSP8P, which is listed as PAL
is your iso md5 checked withr edump? this is always the first thing you should do, check if you have a perfect good dump.

next is taking a picture of your nintendont settings.

this method of saying imcompatibilities is very outdated lol most of the thing in this list are useless lol.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
@FIX94 , or anyone knowledgeable on this for that matter.
Is it possible to force aspect ratios with nintendont? Say like with an HDMI gamecube mod? I think the gamecube should output 640x448 standard. That way the aspect ratio wouldn't be skewed and on digital upscaled sources (like on a Wii U) there should be a tiny black border all around.

Basically this:
nQuRRoC.png
(That's from the aforementioned HDMI mod.)

Is this possible? Would you be willing to implement it if it is? For the sake of preserving the CORRECT aspect ratio and no overscan.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Excuse me but, what exactly is AbdallahTerro Master's mod of CFG loader or whatnot - and where could I find it?

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Sorry pedro702, how would I check my .iso's md5? Which program would I use?
ask @GreyWolf for his hashing tool (download link on his signature)

Excuse me but, what exactly is AbdallahTerro Master's mod of CFG loader or whatnot - and where could I find it?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-4-the-masterpiece-pack-by-abz.336543/ probably that? It's not CFG but WiiFlow mod. May I ask what you need it for? Maybe you could use something else?

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Provided he is using Windows and not Mac or Linux. I wish people would stop assuming that everyone uses Windows here. I don't.
I would ASSUME that if you're techie enough to use an alternate OS then you most likely know wtf hashes are and how you compare them. Am I right?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would ASSUME that if you're techie enough to use an alternate OS then you most likely know wtf hashes are and how you compare them. Am I right?
You don't have to be a techie to use a Mac. That was the first computer I used and I wasn't a techie at that point.

EDIT: My Grandfather, who isn't a techie by any means, has used a Mac for the past couple of decades and still prefers it to this day. He wouldn't know a hash from a trash can (not to insult him).

My sister too uses a Mac because she finds it easier to use. Any techie stuff she asks me for help.

Last edited by ccfman2004,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended