Hacking Nintendont

YummyWatermelon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello... Would someone would be nice and tell me is there a way to add/edit the widescreen hacks in Nintendon't. 'Cause games like Shadow the Hedgehog have this codes but they doesn't do anything... (and yeah I just want edit code for Shadow the Hedgehog (the newest Nintendon't and the PAL version of ShTH))

Hi, yes the games are named correctly. I copy pasted the games/ folder from the root of my SD card to the root of my USB stick, the former working flawlessly.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi, yes the games are named correctly. I copy pasted the games/ folder from the root of my SD card to the root of my USB stick, the former working flawlessly.
take pictures of your entire usb setup if you can, also is the fat32 partition primary and active? also wii or wiiu? using a loader or nintendont directly.

Dunkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time when I go to my game list on nintendont I get this
image.jpeg

Dunkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i deleted ninconfig.bin also I could not delete controller.ini since it was not on my sd card I went to the homebrew channel booted up nintendont I tried to go to my game list and I still got exception dsi

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i deleted ninconfig.bin also I could not delete controller.ini since it was not on my sd card I went to the homebrew channel booted up nintendont I tried to go to my game list and I still got exception dsi
maybe corrupted nintendont dol and xml? try redownloading it?

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
I was messing with the Peach Castle nddemo today swapping through the videos modes and found
GxNtsc480Prog looks worse than GxNtsc240IntAa due to it's lack of anti-aliasing,
GxNtsc480IntAa and GxNtsc480ProgAa have major fps drop for little benefit in image clarity over
GxNtsc240IntAa imo, GxNtsc480ProgAa also changes the width adding black bars.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
I can provide xdelta patches for Japan and America for it to boot through either bios but a patched
european version won't boot through the european bios for some reason it black screens, so you'll need to skip
the bios the for the european patch to work.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
No, actually after some further testing it only black screens on the european patched version when you
sometimes select GxNtsc240DS, it also inverts colours when switching to GxNtsc240Int.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
With nintendont version 4.413, F-Zero AX Ocarina code worked fine. Now with 4.417 it doesn't. I have PAL Wii and Pal F-Zero Disc.
just analyzed that and the new game hook (PADRead) does crash f-zero gx so I might have to get out some exception list for games which should stay with OSSleepThread, the previous hook.
edit:
nevermind, its something else and I dont really know what yet, gx just crashes as soon as the codehandler gets executed :/

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
I've just got to say, Nintendont is one of the best pieces of homebrew I've used. The fact you can basically control it with anything (in reason) is very impressive, I've personally tried it on both Wii and Wii U with a DS4, regular GameCube controller, GameCube WaveBird controller, Classic Controller, Wii U Pro pad and nothing fazes it, even with GameCube controllers via the Wii U's USB breakout box. Emulation quality is excellent almost all of the time, the times when it hasn't been are issues caused by the loader not handing off properly (USB Loader GX usually - Metroid Prime seems to be a problem game for it).

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
alright @Lefteris check this out, new nintendont build:
-executing the codehandler once directly before the game boot, this will make sure that cheats which affect the game boot will work properly
-added a low memory patch for f-zero gx, this will make sure the codehandler wont crash on execution

isli

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the no official gamecube controller adapter. Its wup-028 model, is it compatible with nintendont? How could i do it? do i have to do any special to get it work?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have the no official gamecube controller adapter. Its wup-028 model, is it compatible with nintendont? How could i do it? do i have to do any special to get it work?
you only need to plug it and have the latest nintendont version on your sd/usb device no work is required to amke it work as long as native is set to off all hid controllers/bt comtrollers already supported are plug and play and yes wiiu gc adapter both official and most third partys are supported so just plug it to the wii or wiiu(also works on the wii btw) and your good to go.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I guess my idea was nice but lets not actually do it in the end, good thing I noticed this so quick.
-got rid of the codehandler right before game boot again introduced in the last build, while it might have been useful for some cheats it seems to reduce game compatibility
-zipping the kernel right before building the loader to get the dol size down a little more

Reactions: Troopage and cvskid

YershiBear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having trouble with this thing for a few days now.

Game : Super Smash Bros Melee: 20XX Training Hack Pack
Describe Issue : The mod freezes on a black screen after loading.
Region : US
Wii/Wii U : Wii
Nintendont revision : Latest version
Last known working revision (if any) : (none)
Loader used (if any) with revision no. : (no USB loader as I do not know how to use them yet.)
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD : What does this mean?
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size : PNY Premium, 2GB, FAT32, and what the heck is cluster size?
ISO 1:1/compressed : It's a mod, so I XDelta patched a Melee 1.02 ISO and then put that into the games -> dat boi (my folder name in this case) folder and renamed it to "game."
McEmu/Real Mem card and size : Memcard Emulation is set to on.
Native on/off : What?
Controller used if Native off : I don't know what this is, but I use a Gamecube controller.
Composite/Component/HDMI: I don't know what this is either. I'm not an extremely technical guy.
Anything else you want to explain: I even tried an earlier version (v3.something), and that didn't work either. So I'm stuck. Also, bizarrely enough, even though this particular mod doesn't work, Regular Melee, Alpharad's Silly Melee, and SDRemix all work perfectly fine, though Silly Melee freezes up often, ESPECIALLY in Adventure Mode with Fox.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess my idea was nice but lets not actually do it in the end, good thing I noticed this so quick.
-got rid of the codehandler right before game boot again introduced in the last build, while it might have been useful for some cheats it seems to reduce game compatibility
-zipping the kernel right before building the loader to get the dol size down a little more

Which dol packer you using?
softdev's d0lLZ v0.1, v2 or v3
softdev's DOLPAK which has 7zip support
or DolTool v0.3 by loser 2003?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night