Hacking Nintendont

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
Does it work with previous nintendont revision? r331 was the previous revision.
r332 added a specific controller workaroud for this game.

No it didn't work with the last rev either. Don't know which rev broke the compatibility. Just tried ripping the disk again and verifying the md5sum but no go.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
No it didn't work with the last rev either. Don't know which rev broke the compatibility. Just tried ripping the disk again and verifying the md5sum but no go.

Try with 331, latest rev was specific for FRWL.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
how are you starting the iso? with a wiimote and latter activate a wiiu pro? with a CC directly on nintendont? with a hid controller?

what i mean is are you starting the game with a valid controller or just wiimote?

sion_zaphod

Trophies
XP
Country
Got Gamecube controller plugged in port 1. Just tried rev2.229 and it works. Think I've found the culprit! Doesn't explain why later revs are working for other people though.

sion_zaphod

Trophies
XP
Country
The newest rev will only work with From Russia With Love if started with Classic controller. Nunchuck and official Gamecube pad will not work. Conflicts with the last change log!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Got Gamecube controller plugged in port 1. Just tried rev2.229 and it works. Think I've found the culprit! Doesn't explain why later revs are working for other people though.
229 is like 100 revs earlier lol

The newest rev will only work with From Russia With Love if started with Classic controller. Nunchuck and official Gamecube pad will not work. Conflicts with the last change log!

I just started from russia with love on my wii with rev 332 with 2 gc controllers connected no issues, maybe its some setting you are using?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It seems the start of from russia with love is random

started it 3 times flawlessly with 2 gc controllers connected at the 4 it didnt start so yeah, same for other controllers, but its a matter of retrying and it will work eventualy.

sion_zaphod

Trophies
XP
Country
It seems the start of from russia with love is random

started it 3 times flawlessly with 2 gc controllers connected at the 4 it didnt start so yeah, same for other controllers, but its a matter of retrying and it will work eventualy.

Or go back to rev 2.229 if you want reliability!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Or go back to rev 2.229 if you want reliability!
lol 229 is before 100 changes... its before the new usb code and before manny games got fixed... you can go to 331 instead of 332 and get the same reliability ... 332 was to fix from russia with love replug and and add some more cheat paths so if you go back to 331 from russia with love you will stay exactly like it was on 229, but remenber there is no replug fix so if you dont start the game with the desired controllers connected you wont be able to replug or sync them after start.

But this issue still existed before just try to do 10 sucess boot ups of from russia with love on a row on 229 and you will see what i mean.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
to the guy with the wiiu pro controller analog stick issues I think this might help out, it was a bit overly sensitive:
-slightly decreased the wiiu pro controller stick sensitivity to more accurately represent the original gc controller
-added /codes/gameid.gct as possible cheatpath as requested

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
There's a utility in my signature that does it for you. Just drop the game ISO on the tool's window. If it crashes when it's starting up it's because redump.org isn't responding. I have a newer version I need to upload soon. :P

thank you :) i think the issue was resolved by turning off "force widescreen" i have played it for a while today and no problems. i do have a question if somebody could answer it for me. basically i thought "forcing widescreen" was to try and get the screen to fit without having black strips down the left and right hand sides. turns out im wrong on thinking so and i have replayed some games again today and they look much nicer without the widescreen hack! is there anyway to have the screen stretched so it does not have the black strips each side? its not a problem but mario kart double dash has full screen while the rest of the games dont seem to

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
thank you :) i think the issue was resolved by turning off "force widescreen" i have played it for a while today and no problems. i do have a question if somebody could answer it for me. basically i thought "forcing widescreen" was to try and get the screen to fit without having black strips down the left and right hand sides. turns out im wrong on thinking so and i have replayed some games again today and they look much nicer without the widescreen hack! is there anyway to have the screen stretched so it does not have the black strips each side? its not a problem but mario kart double dash has full screen while the rest of the games dont seem to
if you are on the wiiu all you need is force wiiu widescreen, which basicaly does full screen minus the tiny bars on the sides due to hdtvs, if you are on the wii it should always be full screen if you have your wii settings correct like widescreen on the settings.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
ill check into it im not sure i understand. basically im just testing it on the original wii at the moment. i can load e.g enter the matrix without forcing widescreen and i get the black bars each side. when i turn on force widescreen i still get the black bars each side but its as if its a 16.9 image just with black bars on the left and right. are you saying that regardless of what i do there will always be those black bars each side of the screen??

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ill check into it im not sure i understand. basically im just testing it on the original wii at the moment. i can load e.g enter the matrix without forcing widescreen and i get the black bars each side. when i turn on force widescreen i still get the black bars each side but its as if its a 16.9 image just with black bars on the left and right.
On a normal wii, if your wii menu settings are widescreen and your tv too everything will fill the screen, stretched or not,Being homebrew or wii games, you only need to run any game for a full screen on the wii no setting changes the screen to get big black bars on nintendont, that is only on wiiu, the wii has no such option inside nintendont, so if your seeing big black bars on the sides its either your wii settings or tv settings.

fariasluciano

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When I play Metroid Prime on my Samsung Lcd 40', it fills the whole screen. Some games look nicer if the image is not stretched.

Reactions: jammybudga777

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
On a normal wii, if your wii menu settings are widescreen and your tv too everything will fill the screen, stretched or not,Being homebrew or wii games, you only need to run any game for a full screen on the wii no setting changes the screen to get big black bars on nintendont, that is only on wiiu, the wii has no such option inside nintendont, so if your seeing big black bars on the sides its either your wii settings or tv settings.

know that is strange. everything on my wii is full screen all my wii games and emulators i mean literally everything except when i load gamecube games!! hhmmm

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
know that is strange. everything on my wii is full screen all my wii games and emulators i mean literally everything except when i load gamecube games!! hhmmm
just so we are in sync you are talking of huge black bars right? 4:3 right? not just some small black bars that arent even 2 cm right?

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
hhmmm ill go check a few games and see. the last game i played only had small black bars (enter the matrix). i end up forgetting sometimes as i use both wii and wii u on different tv's. i will post back :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth