Hacking Nintendont

steviebwoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you already have IOS58, you don't need to install it over your existing one.
Just run Hackmii installer and re-install The Homebrew Channel, it will use IOS58.

If your current IOS58 is patched (pimpmywii?) use this homebrew to install a proper version:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS58_Installer

I don't know/remember if that version is now working with nintendont, but at least you will have a good IOS to install HBC.

edit:
if this version still doesn't work with nintendont, you will have to use NUSD to download latest version, pack it to wad and install it to your console.

I'm currently using IOS61 v21.29, so I'm trying to work out whether this could be what is causing the "Failed to load kernel from NAND!" error I'm suffering from. I guess I just need to know how to replace ISO61 with ISO58, can I just use the installer you linked to? (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS58_Installer)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm currently using IOS61 v21.29, so I'm trying to work out whether this could be what is causing the "Failed to load kernel from NAND!" error I'm suffering from. I guess I just need to know how to replace ISO61 with ISO58, can I just use the installer you linked to? (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS58_Installer)
I wonder how you ended up with a ios61 homebrew channel lol do the rest of the homebrew apps work okay?i mean everyone i know that has a hacked wii has a ios58 homebrew channel i didnt even knew you could get a diferent one lol.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wonder how you ended up with a ios61 homebrew channel lol do the rest of the homebrew apps work okay?i mean everyone i know that has a hacked wii has a ios58 homebrew channel i didnt even knew you could get a diferent one lol.

simple, install the homebrew channel before installing IOS58 will do it, IOS58 is a relative new IOS that was introduced with FW 4.3.
Also see > http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS58

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

steviebwoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I've no idea to be honest! :) Everything else seems to work perfectly apart from Nintendont. I've not got Wiiflow installed either - does this grant me any additional benefits?

steviebwoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Woohoo, I've finally got this to work! In case anyone else ever has the "Failed to load kernel from NAND!" error message when starting Nintendont, try upgrading your IOS to IOS58. I was on IOS61 before and that's what caused the problem.

MASSIVE thanks to everyone for helping me!

Is it possible to install Nintendont to my Wii homescreen, rather than running it via the HBC every time? Just a small thing really, I'll be happy either way :) :)

Thanks again guys, I really do appreciate your help!

steviebwoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh gosh, sorry mate, I don't really know what you mean? What's the difference between the two options?

I guess I just want a little box on my Home screen so that I just click that and it goes directly to Nintendont.. sorry for being a bit n00b! :D!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh gosh, sorry mate, I don't really know what you mean? What's the difference between the two options?

I guess I just want a little box on my Home screen so that I just click that and it goes directly to Nintendont.. sorry for being a bit n00b! :D!
on the first post of this thread you got nintendont fowarders for wii and vwii and they will add a nintendont shortcut on your system channels just pick yours.

steviebwoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
on the first post of this thread you got nintendont fowarders for wii and vwii and they will add a nintendont shortcut on your system channels just pick yours.

Nice one, thanks Pedro. I'm not aware of all these fancy terms ("forwarder") - I've been away from the scene for quite a while! :D!

Thanks again guys, you've got a great community here!

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

wii121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When using Nintendont, my Wiimote stays on after starting the GCN game and has all four blue LEDs lit. It stays on the entire time I'm playing and wastes a lot of battery power. Is there a way to disable this or is there another version of Nintendont that shuts the Wiimote off when not in use? If I accidentally hit a button on a second Wiimote the same thing happens, all four LEDs come on and the controller stays on.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
When using Nintendont, my Wiimote stays on after starting the GCN game and has all four blue LEDs lit. It stays on the entire time I'm playing and wastes a lot of battery power. Is there a way to disable this or is there another version of Nintendont that shuts the Wiimote off when not in use? If I accidentally hit a button on a second Wiimote the same thing happens, all four LEDs come on and the controller stays on.

It will shut off after 20 seconds.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
in my mod it's 5 secs

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What version of Nintendont are you using?

steviebwoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Couldn't get this to install yesterday, I have the boot.dol but can't find the loader.dol on the first page post? Do I have to get this from somewhere else?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Couldn't get this to install yesterday, I have the boot.dol but can't find the loader.dol on the first page post? Do I have to get this from somewhere else?
the fowarder is a wad file like the e shop titles you need to install the wad with wad manager or something.

steviebwoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the fowarder is a wad file like the e shop titles you need to install the wad with wad manager or something.

Yeah that's what I tried, but it wouldn't install - the install instructions on the first page say the following, but I can't find the loader.dol in the Zip file:
The forwarder looks for: apps/nintendont/boot.dol and apps/nintendont/Loader.dol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok